Should I play Shivering Isles?

#1 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -

I bought Shivering Isles (and Knights of the Nine) when they were on sale on XBL a few years ago but never actually got around to playing it. For those that have played it, is it worth my time to go back and finish it? Or has the time passed and I should just move on with my life. 

Thought?

#2 Posted by rosebud04 (360 posts) -

Depends on how much you liked Oblivion. 

#3 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

If you enjoyed Oblivion I say go for it, Shivering Isles was better than the original quest line in my opinion.

#4 Posted by Khann (2818 posts) -

I personally thought Shivering Isles was excellent. Reminded me of Morrowind for whatever reason.

#5 Posted by Jothel (917 posts) -

Yes. yes you should.

#6 Posted by lord_canti (1507 posts) -

shivering isles  was awesome and i enjoyed it more than the main game the interesting style made it worth playing

#7 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (3044 posts) -

Shivering Isles was probably my favorite part of Oblivion, although I think they could have done better with Sheogorath.

#8 Posted by Bollard (5396 posts) -

Sheogorath was my favourite character, just play it already!

#9 Posted by Monte (229 posts) -

StYeah it was a lot of fun. Better than the main questline but not as unique and consistent as the other questlines. Still, its very colorful and there are lots of neat items.

#10 Posted by Riddell (342 posts) -

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to give it a go.

#11 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

I was about to add to the "play ittttt" posts but seeing as you've already made up your mind I'll just say - let us know how you find it!

#12 Posted by JasonR86 (9651 posts) -

If you liked the gameplay of Oblivion then you should definitely play Shivering Isles.  It's the same gameplay with more interesting characters and a more interesting, aesthetically pleasing world.

#13 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Glad you're going to play it. I remember having a lot of fun with it. It's definitely a strange and interesting little spin-off. 

(and when I say little, I mean quite large)

#14 Posted by buft (3315 posts) -
@Riddell: definitely, the shivering isles story is better than the original story and there are some great boss fights 
#15 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Play Knights of the Nine too if you haven't.  It's not as long (or good) as Shivering Isles, but there are some pretty awesome moments in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.