20 minutes of gameplay leaked for ES: online

• 62 results
#51 Edited by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

Judging alpha/beta footage really shows your intelligence, sorry.

#52 Posted by Karkarov (3008 posts) -

Uh it is alpha footage more than likely... or very freaking early beta. What did you expect?

Meanwhile the guy is also making it worse than it really is by a number of methods. For one he is clearly playing at a low resolution he then upscaled when he created the video, which is why the text is so damn fuzzy for example. Second he plays like a retard and wastes time going up and down menus over and over. I would really love to see his graphics settings because they have already released in game SC's that look better than his game does by a crap ton, like I said, he is already playing low res upscaled so who knows what else he did to make it look as bad as possible.

#53 Posted by EXTomar (4530 posts) -

@pyrodactyl Sorry if it bothers you but history is not kind with this situation. There have been multiple cases where a company though that doing "The MMO Version" was the next step but failed to realize the gravity of the project and ended up damaging or even running themselves out of business.

MMO systems are some of the most expensive and intensive in the industry. The industry itself is littered with the corpses of a lot of companies and projects some of which seem better than what was shown. Although Bethesda did shield themselves from this project it is still a tremendous sink of time and money that could have been used to make *drum roll* Elder Scrolls 5.

#54 Edited by Jams (2960 posts) -

@extomar said:

@pyrodactyl Sorry if it bothers you but history is not kind with this situation. There have been multiple cases where a company though that doing "The MMO Version" was the next step but failed to realize the gravity of the project and ended up damaging or even running themselves out of business.

MMO systems are some of the most expensive and intensive in the industry. The industry itself is littered with the corpses of a lot of companies and projects some of which seem better than what was shown. Although Bethesda did shield themselves from this project it is still a tremendous sink of time and money that could have been used to make *drum roll* Elder Scrolls 5.

Yeah I think the trick to making a successful MMORPG is to under budget it with a small team. You know? Don't overshoot your expectations and throw millions at it. Seem's like these companies only answer to trying to make an MMORPG successful is by throwing more money at it. But they need to throw less money and more soul. You can't have soul though if you're just doing it for a cash grab.

#55 Edited by Caustic_Fox (112 posts) -

I don't really understand all of the bitching that is going on here. Do people here really think that the upcoming MMO will share the same graphical fidelity as the standard Elder Scrolls games (Skyrim)? Well, it probably won't. Stop being so ungrateful... people wanted an Elder Scrolls MMO, and so they got it.

Besides, this isn't even the final product.There still is time for improvements (Though,granted six months is not too far away.)

#56 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

People wanted an Elder Scrolls MMO, and so they got it.

Who are these people?

#57 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@caustic_fox said:

People wanted an Elder Scrolls MMO, and so they got it.

Who are these people?

I know. Ungrateful? Be careful who you're calling ungrateful son, it makes you look incompetent.

#58 Edited by Icemo (642 posts) -

If they can crank the graphics to the same quality as Guild Wars 2 and Tera before they release this game, then I might take a look at this. If they want me to spend time exploring their world, they better make it look pretty.

#59 Posted by SlashDance (1806 posts) -

I will totally play this for a week.

#60 Posted by Linkster7 (1016 posts) -

Yea because footage of mmo's always looks great

#61 Posted by gaminghooligan (1424 posts) -

@karkarov said:

Uh it is alpha footage more than likely... or very freaking early beta. What did you expect?

Meanwhile the guy is also making it worse than it really is by a number of methods. For one he is clearly playing at a low resolution he then upscaled when he created the video, which is why the text is so damn fuzzy for example. Second he plays like a retard and wastes time going up and down menus over and over. I would really love to see his graphics settings because they have already released in game SC's that look better than his game does by a crap ton, like I said, he is already playing low res upscaled so who knows what else he did to make it look as bad as possible.

more people need to read this comment. I can't help but feel there's some fuckery afoot with this footage. There are totally screenshots that look better than this, but don't look sharp enough to be made outside of the game. For example all the pics from Game Informer and they have an interview about the engine here.

#62 Posted by Pr1mus (3825 posts) -

This is unappealing.

#63 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Looks garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.