Beta signups

#1 Posted by cbarnes86 (529 posts) -

Didn't see a thread here, but they are taking signups for the ESO beta. Not sure when the beta begins, but you can head over here and sign up. If you get in, post here and maybe the beta members can group up.

#2 Posted by Superfriend (1458 posts) -

I signed up for this thing a couple of minutes ago.. I just feel like they are only looking for super hardcore powerlevel type players to test their MMO, so I don´t think I´m gonna make the cut.

If I do... dude the first thing I´ll do is read all the books in the game (if there are any)

#3 Posted by TheHT (10281 posts) -

signed up, but I've just got an average chance of getting it. really curious about how this game will play.

#4 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

Signed up as a -casual- player and by that really screwing my own chances to test this. Awesome. The MMO genre is in serious need of some reinvention and I have some doubts whether we'll see enough of that in this game.

#5 Edited by SomeJerk (2971 posts) -

All kinds of players are sought for betatests unless otherwise specified, or if it's a specific phase to test, like guild functionalites, or getting a rush into finishing PvP systems. Casual, normal players are especially helpful in that they are what they are, they will find things hardcores normally won't during testing, they will also deliver valuable feedback from a true casual perspective.

#6 Posted by Snail (8470 posts) -

Link is broken for me. I've checked an article on the topic and the link was the same, so I guess the website is down.

#7 Posted by WasabiCurry (415 posts) -

I've signed up for the beta access as a good old fashion, casual player. I feel that the main objective of beta testers would be...I dunno...test for bugs and report them.

#8 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

@Snail said:

Link is broken for me. I've checked an article on the topic and the link was the same, so I guess the website is down.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It still works me for, try again in a sec maybe it'll work.

#9 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

@SomeJerk said:

All kinds of players are sought for betatests unless otherwise specified, or if it's a specific phase to test, like guild functionalites, or getting a rush into finishing PvP systems. Casual, normal players are especially helpful in that they are what they are, they will find things hardcores normally won't during testing, they will also deliver valuable feedback from a true casual perspective.

It specifically rates your chances as "weak/average/above average/high" while you're singing up and ticking the hardcore and PVP boxes definitely seems to boost your chances pretty significantly.. Which seems pretty dumb, because people are going to tick those boxes now, whether or not they have any intention of playing those modes, just to boost their chances of getting an invite. Keeping the selection criteria a secret would make a lot more sense.

#10 Posted by Stimpack (728 posts) -

That was probably one of the strangest betas that I've applied for due to that meter. It obviously boiled down to "click more stuff, have higher chance!" but in the end I don't think it honestly matters much.

I'm not sure what to think of this game. If I'm being cynical, I don't think it will be very good. If I'm being optimistic, I ...don't think it will be very good. Time will tell, though. This is an instance where I'd gladly be proven wrong.

Online
#11 Edited by HaltIamReptar (2028 posts) -

I clicked a ton of stuff and never got past average. Your beta is weird, video game.

EDIT: As soon as I hit go, it bumped up to Above Average in that instant before the refresh and the next page. Weird.

#12 Edited by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

If any of you want to put something down in the guild section, you can put down "Giant Bomb PC Gaming Hub" as the name with http://giantbombing.com/ as the URL. A bunch of people who play PC games together is pretty much a guild. I don't know how important having a guild will be to selection, but maybe if lots of people put that down it'll help. Who knows.

I ended up with an "Excellent" rating as my chance to get into the beta, and deleting the guild section reduces it to "Above Average" so it must play a part.

Moderator
#13 Posted by Demoskinos (13869 posts) -

I.... was eyeballing the site but eh... way to much effort to get access to a beta I'm not even entirely thrilled to play.

#14 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

TORtanic 2?

#15 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

@MattyFTM: ... if it changed from above average to excellent.. then, yes.. Fantastic signup page, the best in the industry I'm sure.

#16 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Above average. I'm alright with those chances.

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (12976 posts) -

Started the sign-up process, but I'm at the school library and backed out when they wanted me to copy/paste my PC specs.

#18 Posted by posh (447 posts) -

yeah I hadn't played any of the games they listed. I use a mac though so maybe they'll want me to test how it operates on OS X. also the thing went to above average for me when i agreed to let them send me emails.

#19 Posted by EtherealSlayer (82 posts) -

Every time I submit the form, it sends me to a 404 screen =(

#20 Posted by SilenceUK (328 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I.... was eyeballing the site but eh... way to much effort to get access to a beta I'm not even entirely thrilled to play.

Really? filling in a few bits and ticking some boxes is to much effort? i'm not massivly hyped about this game but taook me 2 mins to fill in hardly a chore is it

#21 Posted by strangeling (1260 posts) -

"You Have Signed Up For Online Beta!"

#22 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1325 posts) -

I filled it out though I left the extra question blank since I didn't have anything good to say. The only difficult part of that form was copy and pasting your PC specs, and that was pretty easy.

#23 Posted by SomeJerk (2971 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

@SomeJerk said:

All kinds of players are sought for betatests unless otherwise specified, or if it's a specific phase to test, like guild functionalites, or getting a rush into finishing PvP systems. Casual, normal players are especially helpful in that they are what they are, they will find things hardcores normally won't during testing, they will also deliver valuable feedback from a true casual perspective.

It specifically rates your chances as "weak/average/above average/high" while you're singing up and ticking the hardcore and PVP boxes definitely seems to boost your chances pretty significantly.. Which seems pretty dumb, because people are going to tick those boxes now, whether or not they have any intention of playing those modes, just to boost their chances of getting an invite. Keeping the selection criteria a secret would make a lot more sense.

Also seemed that filling out more in the free textbox increased the average measurement. I just gave them four simple lines over two paragraphs, I wonder how they'll take impending crazies filling it to the brim.

And I ticked every box because I play casual, hardcore, pvp, group, raid in my MMOs :/

#24 Posted by Mister_V (963 posts) -

Well i have singed up just to see what this game is. I got a rating of excellent so i guess we now wait and see.

#25 Posted by Demoskinos (13869 posts) -

@SilenceUK: Yep!

#26 Posted by kindgineer (2486 posts) -

Got an excellent chance, I feel good about it. I wouldn't say I'm 100% hard-core, but I still like to play MMO's a lot.

#27 Posted by Hector (3346 posts) -

Signed up, above average chance. I hope I get in.

#28 Posted by Snail (8470 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

@Snail said:

Link is broken for me. I've checked an article on the topic and the link was the same, so I guess the website is down.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It still works me for, try again in a sec maybe it'll work.

Yeah it worked shortly after I posted that.

#29 Posted by granderojo (1772 posts) -

I never get accepted into betas because my PC is too nice.

#30 Posted by Aete (29 posts) -

Signed up last night. Haven't been following the game at all but it might be fun to try if I can get a key anyway.

#31 Posted by spraynardtatum (2125 posts) -

sign me up.

#32 Posted by JaredA (806 posts) -

I signed up. As for my chances of getting accepted, I only got "average".

#33 Posted by Universalize (119 posts) -

@MattyFTM: gdamnit is there any way of changing the form?

#34 Edited by MB (11301 posts) -

I couldn't get the form to submit with Chrome...had to use Safari.

Excellent chances!

Moderator
#35 Posted by pweidman (2215 posts) -

Signed up..... and I know they know they really need me in their beta....:P

#36 Posted by Krullban (984 posts) -

When I click the button when I have everything all filled out it just turns grey and doesn't do anything.

#37 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

@Krullban: Use a different browser?

#38 Posted by Krullban (984 posts) -

@Funkydupe said:

@Krullban: Use a different browser?

I've tried Chrome and Firefox

#39 Posted by loyalroyal1989 (43 posts) -

I have a sneaking suspicion this game will be rubbish but I signed up as I want a look at it being built to get a sense if I will want to try it when it comes out.

#40 Posted by believer258 (11045 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

If any of you want to put something down in the guild section, you can put down "Giant Bomb PC Gaming Hub" as the name with http://giantbombing.com/ as the URL. A bunch of people who play PC games together is pretty much a guild. I don't know how important having a guild will be to selection, but maybe if lots of people put that down it'll help. Who knows.

I ended up with an "Excellent" rating as my chance to get into the beta, and deleting the guild section reduces it to "Above Average" so it must play a part.

I wish I would have read the thread now. As it stands, I got "Above Average".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.