Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 04, 2014

An MMORPG set in the world of Nirn, focusing on the familiar continent of Tamriel, taking place a thousand years before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Beta Stress Test today...

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ruiner

Well I played the game for a good 3 hours or so. I would have played it more, but that was the duration of the test. I realize it's not enough time to get a full idea of what the final game will be like, but I thought I might write down some of the things that stuck out to me.

In depth character creator:

More robust than any previous Elder Scrolls game. Lots of options.

Responsive Combat:

It was similar to Guild Wars 2 actually. But the stealth mechanic seemed to work much like Skyrim. The blocking and dodging worked like a charm.

Dislikes:

Very Familiar:

As much as I've heard it was different, it feels pretty much like a standard MMO. The mission structure is the same. The feeling like you're just kind of doing the same busy work that the 20 other people you're running next to are doing. All the same.

Oblivion Lock Picking:

Some people will probably see this as a good thing. But I was never a fan of this minigame and I'm kind of sorry to see it return.

I wish I had more points to cover, but nothing really stuck out to me. It all felt very standard and though there were some Elder Scrolls affectations, it doesn't really capture the spirit of those games. Just kind of feels like more of the same.

HerpDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ugh, I hated oblivion's lock picking as well, first artifact I always get in that game is the skeleton key.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I've heard some great things about the game from others that played it. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Missacre

I got into the beta. It was pretty bad. The graphics were meh, the combat was a lot like Skyrim's, the character customization didn't really change your character at all, even though it had a myriad of options. I was pretty disappointed by it. I know I'm not gonna be getting this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.