Elder Scrolls Online Question

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (910 posts) -

In the trailer and the promos for ES Online they seem to be focusing on three races, the first is a Nord, the second is a female Altmer but what is the last one in blue that is carrying a bow?

#2 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

I don't think it's focusing on three races. That last one in the trailer could be pretty much any human race. It's more about different attacking schools. First is melee, second is magick and third is archery. Pretty standard stuff really.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (910 posts) -
@theodacourt said:

I don't think it's focusing on three races. That last one in the trailer could be pretty much any human race. It's more about different attacking schools. First is melee, second is magick and third is archery. Pretty standard stuff really.

I thought it was meant to be the three alliances. The Aldmeri Dominion. The Daggerfall Covenant and  The Ebonheart Pact
#4 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

@Jonny_Anonymous: It's true! Three alliances with three races each. If they are supposed to be all three then the last one could be a Breton. Personally, I think they're just teasing things and reinforcing their idea of threes. I suppose you can take what's important from the trailer yourself and maybe I just choose to see it as three play styles and a three-way-war. The ouroboros symbolising the cyclical nature or war, and it's made up of three sides to that war. The races are already established and I don't think they're meant to be dwelt on as the important part of the trailer. Maybe they literally thought they were the best designs. You would think if they wanted to show variety of characters then they would have had used some of the more visually distinct races.

#5 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
@theodacourt said:

I thought it was meant to be the three alliances. The Aldmeri Dominion. The Daggerfall Covenant and  The Ebonheart Pact
3 alliances. Consisting of all the races.
#6 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

@Metal_Mills: Not quite true! Imperials aren't on any side in what I've read so far, but I suppose they wouldn't be, holding the middle and all.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (910 posts) -
@theodacourt said:

@Metal_Mills: Not quite true! Imperials aren't on any side in what I've read so far, but I suppose they wouldn't be, holding the middle and all.

The Imperials don't exist in ESO, the war between the three Alliances is over who will be crowned emperor 
#8 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

My brain hurts.

#9 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

@Jonny_Anonymous:

"The fourth, non-playable alliance / faction will be the antagonist of The Elder Scrolls Online. Imperials work with the noble Tharn Family to bring Tamriel back under Imperial Rule. Weakened from constant wars in Cyrodiil, these two form a pact with Mannimarco, King of Worms, who promises to reanimate the fallen soldiers to keep fighting for control.

Unbeknownst to the Imperials and Tharn Family, Mannimarco is really working with the Daedric Prince Molag Bal to rule over Tamriel themselves."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.