Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 04, 2014

An MMORPG set in the world of Nirn, focusing on the familiar continent of Tamriel, taking place a thousand years before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Gathering and Exploration Trailer

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

In regards to gathering and exploration, it certainly looks a lot like a proper Elder Scrolls game. They certainly seem to push the density of interactivity beyond what we're used to from the genre. Love that 'E'-looting/interacting is quickly becoming the industry standard for MMOs.

Still not quite sold on it however, really need to see what they've done with first person perspective gameplay (apparently the team has put some major effort into getting it right). I fear it just won't feel *simulated* enough, it facing all the MMO networking and synchronizing challenges and what not. Neverwinter certainly taught me that small touches like ragdoll physics add a lot in that regard, so I'm hopeful they'll approximate the feel of the real deal sufficiently.

Anyways - watch the Gathering and Exploration trailer. Go easy on the old girl.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.