Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 04, 2014

An MMORPG set in the world of Nirn, focusing on the familiar continent of Tamriel, taking place a thousand years before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

I'm jumping in because of price drop/free weekend. Question

Avatar image for stop420snitchin
    Stop420Snitchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

PC or XBox? I prefer using a controller. The frame rate on xbox blows but I'm not a huge fan of cheater bots and add ons on tge PC. Any advice?

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stop420snitchin: The right way to play is PC. MMOs should always be played on a PC, because eventually you need to be able to quickly switch weapon sets/macro stuff/quick items/etc. I got it for PS4 when they moved a character for free, and only played it like twice. It's not horrible if it's all you have, but if you have the choice, PC is the way to go. I think you can still use a controller for the PC though, if that is your thing.

PC also has more people (i'd have to imagine) and if you like the weekend and keep playing, PC gets DLC packs earlier then the console version, which is nice. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me, I've been playing it a ton for a while now.

Stop420Snitchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks I'm leaning towards a pc purchase now. Maybe shoot me a message with your ESO tag if you are willing.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lv4Monk

Oh, no cross platform play? Definitely PC then.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who hates mouse and keyboard i did play the beta way back on pc and it controlled fine. I didnt really seem like it would suffer from playing with a gamepad though, granted i only played the weekend or whatever. I may get it on ps4 one day myself, atm i dont have plus though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stop420snitchin: Sure! Add @Takayama, im usually on my khajit names stealthytaka. Ill post my in game name here incase other people playing the free weekend have questions in game.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you use a controller and like the vanilla experience, grab the Xbox version. I just got back into the ps4 version and don't miss the hassle of pc shenanigans. To each their own though.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By huntad

I played this when it launched on Xbox and it was a mess. I'm gonna try it again and see if the various disconnection, connection, frame rate, and hitching problems have been fixed. If so, this looks like a decent MMO. If not, play on PC for sure.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I've played it a small amount on both platforms recently and it seemed to work fine on both.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I played a bit on the Xbox and it seemed fine.

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it for PS4 and actually really enjoyed how it controlled. Ended up buying it on PC, later on, so I could play with friends and they added controller support recently. A quick tweak to the way the touchpad on the PS4 controller works with PC and it's identical to the PS4 version now, but looks better. Plus you can text chat with people and don't have to worry about being annoyed by someone blasting music over voice chat since the console versions are voice only.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this a barren wasteland now? Might be tempted.

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: I see some drops in players when there's a new game release but it always picks back up. There's a lot of public dungeons (they don't require you to group up) in each area of the game that you can solo, but are much easier with other people there and I don't think I've ever had to wait more than a minute or two for someone else to show up and help me take down a boss.

Stop420Snitchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama: Hey man. I created a second character and skipped the tutorial area. So now I'm running around feeling under leveled and lost. Any tips??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stop420snitchin: You'll wanna quest and explore the alliance's "starter zones". you should have got a quest when you wake up from the tutorial area (or when skipping it) that says something along the lines of "go find the person who rescued your body". They should lead you to a boat guy or caravan that takes you to a smaller zone, which is the first place to quest and get your bareings. Which one it is depends on your faction. Do those before exploring the first zone you get dropped into.

Vindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takayamasama:

That's bullshit. The right way to play is the way you like.

I played Everquest Online Adventures on PS2 and had a blast. I played FFXI on PS2, PC and Xbox 360 and had the same experience on all. I played WoW on a MacBook and now I play ESO on a PS4.

It's all just a little different. There is no text chat on ESO consoles but it is actually pretty cool because it forces people to use mics and a lot of people actually do.

I believe I have read that the PS4 has the biggest ESO player base.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.