Release Date Leak?

#1 Posted by Renrawr (26 posts) -
#2 Posted by bwheeeler (449 posts) -

100% absolutely yes this is true and correct and the release date is going to be august 2 2013. yep

#3 Posted by Renrawr (26 posts) -
@bwheeeler: 8th February. It's a UK site :)
#4 Posted by alternate (2702 posts) -

Called a placeholder.

#5 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

1. There's no way an MMO project of this size is going to be coming out that soon. Even if it's been in development for a long time, it's not going to be late 2013 at the earliest, but 2014-ish seems more probable.

2. Retail sites guess use "ball park" dates, this has been common practice for years. It's nothing but a complete guess and there's no reason to assume they know more than we do.

3. If it were coming out in February, we'd know by now and there'd be far more information and details about the game.

4. Are there actually people looking forward to it?

#6 Posted by Renrawr (26 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind: Good question.
#7 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2290 posts) -
@Renrawr yeah I'm gonna assume that this is just a random place holder. If anything it allows stores to take in pre-orders now just to get some of that money in sooner.
#8 Posted by believer258 (11895 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

4. Are there actually people looking forward to it?

I'm pretty sure there's a small crowd that eats up every single notable MMO that comes out, so that group will probably buy this. For some reason, I hesitate to call it "anticipation"; more like "something to do between the cradle and grave."

Regardless, I don't care about it. I don't care about WoW, I didn't care about SWTOR, and I won't care about this. Now, if they suddenly change this format to Skyrim in first person MMO format, then we can start talking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.