So about that Early Access AKA GB Guild or what?

• 75 results
#1 Edited by Karkarov (3133 posts) -

So for those who didn't know the Early Access for ESO starts.... well.... right now. If you ordered the Imperial Edition anyway. So question is this! Other than myself are any other Bombers out there playing, and if so, do we want to to try to get together a Giant Bomb Guild for the game? I know there was another topic about this earlier but it is like a month+ old and only got one response.

So is there is any interest or is there aint any interest in cruising around sorta kinda old Tamriel with fellow Bombers? If so reply and we will gauge if this can indeed be a "thing". Personally I will be playing a Daggerfall Covenant Imperial and odds are good I will be named Karkarov just cause I always am capiche?

EDIT!

2 Things - 1: The game may force you to change your password before you can log in, did it to me anyway. 2: The new intro which I never saw in beta certainly helps frame the game much better than it did without it.

UPDATE!!!

Guild is a Go! We are the "Luchadeer Crusaders" and aligned with the Aldmeri Dominion! Grim Stormius is the guild leader but anyone in the guild can invite at this point, so if you are interested just check for us in game and we will set you up!

#2 Edited by TobbRobb (4663 posts) -
@karkarov said:

So is there is any interest or is there aint any interest in cruising around sorta kinda old Tamriel with fellow Bombers?

Sorry I have no interest in the game. But can you please explain this sentence? I just can't figure how you ended up with this result.

#3 Posted by Rowr (5711 posts) -

@tobbrobb said:
@karkarov said:

So is there is any interest or is there aint any interest in cruising around sorta kinda old Tamriel with fellow Bombers?

Sorry I have no interest in the game. But can you please explain this sentence? I just can't figure how you ended up with this result.

So is there "any interest" or is there "aint any interest"?

#4 Posted by Karkarov (3133 posts) -
@tobbrobb said:
@karkarov said:

Called a joke from an old movie. Not everyone gets jokes but I thought I would risk it. I am not really concerned either way because I plan to play regardless but if no one cares no one cares! GiantBomb has never really liked MMO's that much to begin with even if it temporarily pretended to like Guild Wars 2 for like a month or so.

#5 Posted by TobbRobb (4663 posts) -

@karkarov: I figured it was a reference or something. To what movie?

And hey man, a lot of people here played WoW! Just you know, before the site had begun, and it was more relevant. XD

#6 Posted by gike987 (1758 posts) -

The game actually looks better than I thought and I will probably get it later, but right now I got neither time nor money to play it. The interest level on this forum looks super low though so getting a guild together will probably be pretty hard.

#7 Edited by SomeguyJohnson (50 posts) -

@karkarov: I'm not buying ESO, but I did get your is you is joke.

#8 Posted by gike987 (1758 posts) -

I'm so weak, I bought it anyway. I watched some gameplay on twitch and then bought the Imperial Edition, I can never keep away from a new MMO.

#9 Posted by Silver-Streak (1363 posts) -

@gike987: If anyone falls into the same trap as us (The "Eh, might as well, nothing coming out for a few weeks" trap), you can get $16 off the Imperial Edition on Greenmangaming with the promo code on their front page.

#10 Edited by Marino (4715 posts) -

@karkarov: Good luck with the guild. You've got a promo on the front page of the site now to help.

Staff
#11 Posted by Karkarov (3133 posts) -

@marino said:

@karkarov: Good luck with the guild. You've got a promo on the front page of the site now to help.

Thanks Marino, I will never diss EQ again.

That said it looks like we have a guild started up for those who care thanks to @grimmie92 called the "Luchadeer Crusaders"! Contact him in game as Grim Stormius to score an invite. Also yes it is confirmed, members of all alliances can join!

#12 Edited by gike987 (1758 posts) -

@karkarov: Which alliance have the most players on giant bomb so far? PvP looks like one of the most fun parts of this game.

#13 Posted by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

@gike987: we have members of every alliance now, ive set the guild to be aligned with the Dominion.

It seems like you can be from any alliance, join the guild and fight with your guild mates for the Dominion, or enter without the guild and fight for your own faction, yet to be tested but I'll report back once i know more

On a side note, im going to work in about an hour but have promoted @DeathTrap82 @Eujin and @Karkarov (ingame user IDs not Giantbomb user IDs) to the rank of Duder, so you can whisper them for invites while i am away

Thanks and have a great day!

#14 Posted by spiralcut (118 posts) -

Duders! I'm having trouble whispering in-game. Please add @EggshellSkull and thank you!

#15 Edited by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

@spiralcut: howdy! I'm currently at work but if the others don't get a chance to invite you I'll send one when I get home in approx 4 hours.

Any others interested in joining can leave their ingame @IDs as well and I'll sort it out ASAP.

See you guys soon!

#16 Posted by peritus (1025 posts) -

Whats the deal with servers? Are they divided by EU/US/ASIA? If im going to try this game, playing with you guys will be a pretty big factor. But im in Europe.

#17 Posted by Karkarov (3133 posts) -

@peritus said:

Whats the deal with servers? Are they divided by EU/US/ASIA? If im going to try this game, playing with you guys will be a pretty big factor. But im in Europe.

Yeah I forgot in my initial post but basically there are two "megaservers" a NA and an EU. Depending on where you are is which you get, I am not even sure how to change it if you wanted to though it is supposedly possible. The guild is on the NA megaserver.

#18 Edited by peritus (1025 posts) -

@karkarov: Thanks for the info! I will look into that.

#19 Posted by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

@karkarov: at this point there is only the one server, the NA megaserver. they have a notice up saying that once it is ready they will migrate characters to the EU server but that you can choose which server to play on.

Im not sure if lag is an issue or not, my connection feels fine and am playing from New Zealand.

In the ESO launcher settings you can select your preferred server EU or NA but im not sure how the migration thing is going down, id imagine it is those people that are selecting EU now but being connected to NA will move across once the server is ready.

Hope this helps!

#20 Posted by gike987 (1758 posts) -

I selected NA and I'm not feeling any issues with lag, but I never really feel these issues in MMOs.

#21 Posted by kqedequalsvolvo (45 posts) -

@peritus said:

Wanted to know this too - enjoyed the beta and likely to buy ESO but Euro-based and wouldn't mind playing with people off here.

#22 Edited by Roland_Leshaft (17 posts) -

i dont know how guilds and all that work in game. but once its setup im looking forward to questing with fellow bombadeers!

#23 Posted by JustKamToo (684 posts) -

you can select the USA servers from the settings section of the launcher which will put you in the USA 'mega server' much like GW2 there is only one sever but I'm guessing it'll move you to the part which has your guild mates / friends.

#24 Posted by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

@justkamtoo: the single server is only temporary, EU will get their own servers in the next few weeks, theyre building their own server facility and it was delayed due to some work permits or something, i read a dev note on it ages ago now

#25 Posted by ttocs (763 posts) -

I'd love to join a giant bomb guild. If you need an officer let me know as well.

#26 Posted by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

logging off for 3 hours to get some sleep, will be back shortly if anyone wants to join send me a mail message and ill write names down, i cant invite while you are offline unfortunately.

#27 Edited by peritus (1025 posts) -

logging off for 3 hours to get some sleep, will be back shortly if anyone wants to join send me a mail message and ill write names down, i cant invite while you are offline unfortunately.

I might be done installing by then, taking forever ;-)

#28 Posted by spiralcut (118 posts) -

Ok I'm in-game right now, can I get an invite? @EggshellSkull

#29 Edited by gike987 (1758 posts) -

So far this game probably have the best quest design I have ever seen in an MMO, feels almost like a something out of an single player RPG. But I have only done the starting islands, so it could still get bad now that the game seem to become more open.

The hate for this game seem really undeserved though.

Edit: Now that I'm out of the starting zones I want to join the guild. My UserID is @Yvnirele (so not at all the same as my giant bomb name I just made something up at random when creating my account).

#30 Edited by peritus (1025 posts) -

Can someone add Peritusnl to the guild?

#31 Edited by Roland_Leshaft (17 posts) -

i really should mention that i am @digdouglas in game.

#32 Posted by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

@ttocs: are you in the game? send me a whisper if/when and ill invite you

#33 Edited by Scotto (1187 posts) -

Looking to join any Giant Bomb guild - also created one for the Daggerfall Covenant just in case, called "The Lang Zone"

My ID is "@goodfes"

#34 Posted by psychrage (25 posts) -

I'd love to join up with some fellow duder's.

Game ID should be "@psychrage"

#35 Posted by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

@psychrage: either the ID is incorrect or you logged off within 3 minutes of posting this, ill keep trying later :)

#36 Posted by spiralcut (118 posts) -

@scotto: As a clarification, your faction does not matter. All factions can join the same guild, but you cannot group with people from other factions. Additionally, Guilds are account-wide, rather than character specific.

#37 Edited by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

@spiralcut: is no grouping confirmed? ie no guild dungeon runs? thatd be a shame

#38 Posted by spiralcut (118 posts) -

@grimmie92: Guild dungeon runs are ok. Out-of-faction is a no-no.

#39 Posted by KillerPidgeon (62 posts) -

Game ID is @KillerPidgeon

See you on the battlefield gentlemen.

#40 Posted by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

@killerpidgeon: @KillerPidgeon says no account found, send a /tell to @Grimmie92 when you can, ill be back on in half an hour or so

#42 Posted by gnarfman (9 posts) -

Hey duders. would love to join the guild. ID is: @gnarfman

#43 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

I think my ID is @yoshimitz707 ? But I'm not 100% sure. Is it just what you log in with?

#44 Posted by mjbrune (83 posts) -

@Mr.Fishy is my ID. Please invite me. Thanks :)

#45 Posted by Grimmie92 (150 posts) -

@mjbrune: your id didnt work 3 minutes after you posted this, going to work now, you can try whispering one of the forementioned members for an invite, they all have the permissions, or i will be back in 5 hours and 30 minutes from right now.

Good luck, see you on the battlefields

#46 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1740 posts) -

My ID is @MattBeaudette (yes, it's just my name). An invite would be appreciated.

#47 Edited by DeltaKilo24 (10 posts) -

I'm daggerfall covenant, but I'd like to join! My ID is @DeltaKilo24, thanks!

#48 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Ok I am in the game now. I still try to figure out how to contact people but if someone sees this feel free to contact me @Darji. I would love to join the guild^^

#49 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -

@karkarov said:
@tobbrobb said:
@karkarov said:

Called a joke from an old movie. Not everyone gets jokes but I thought I would risk it. I am not really concerned either way because I plan to play regardless but if no one cares no one cares! GiantBomb has never really liked MMO's that much to begin with even if it temporarily pretended to like Guild Wars 2 for like a month or so.

We did play Runes of Magic for a couple of months though, when it went f2p. That was pretty awesome while it lasted :P

#50 Edited by Hero_Swe (1152 posts) -

@karkarov said:
@tobbrobb said:
@karkarov said:

We did play Runes of Magic for a couple of months though, when it went f2p. That was pretty awesome while it lasted :P

Hey now, let's not forget Space Neon Lobsters. Who started when Star Trek Online was in beta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.