Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 04, 2014

An MMORPG set in the world of Nirn, focusing on the familiar continent of Tamriel, taking place a thousand years before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Which Alliance are you going to choose?

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which Alliance are you going to choose? (79 votes)

Aldmeri Dominion 24%
    Ebonheart Pack 10%
    Daggerfall Covenant 20%
    I don't care 46%

For use in possibly creating a GiantBomb ESO Guild. I'm not 100% sure, but I think guilds can only contain one alliance.

• 
    DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...anyone care to say WHY they're choosing one Alliance over another?

lou_chou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khajiit all the way. It's been a lifelong fantasy to be a giant cat. However, the less said about that, the better.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathTrap

Surprising that Daggerfall is doing so well, given how buggy that area was in the last beta.

Edit: Was wrong - Aldmeri is in the lead. But still surprising how well Daggerfall is doing.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathTrap

Well, since I'm going to be really busy at work over the next couple days...I'm going to call the poll finished! We'll be on the US server as part of the Aldmeri Dominion. Any ideas for a name?

EDIT: Doesn't seem like there's much interest in ESO around these parts?

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathtrap: Ill be there

I also tried to get people together for a guild but didnt have much luck on these forums, not many TES fans it seems..

For names ive been thinking along the lines of Luchadeer Militia or something?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bigjeffrey

The Waiting for Free To Play Alliance.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@deathtrap: From what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be much interest in ESO anywhere. That said, I enjoyed what I played of the beta, and will likely play. Despite what some detractors may say, it's nearly identical gameplay to Skyrim. Those that disagree probably should take a larger look at how the quests in Skyrim went. Only major difference is they gave special attacks rather than spell families.

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Beb

@eujin: From my beta experience the gameplay was nothing like Skyrim, but some of that probably has to do with the play style of the individual player. In Skyrim I could stumble upon things and really 'explore' but in the MMO, no only are there usually 5-10 people clustered around anything interesting, but quest objects don't appear in the world until you have been assigned to get them.

For example, in the beta I was exploring and found what looked like it would be an interesting cave, only for it to be empty of any interact-able objects. Then 10 minutes later I got a quest to retrieve 3 widgets, and suddenly there was a sparkly widget in the cave. As far as I could tell, you will never find anything interesting related to a quest until the exact step you are supposed to. That kind of thing makes the world false and dead to me in a way that Skyrim is not.

Also, I made an archer in both Skyrim and ESO, and the combat gameplay is extremely different for that weapon. In Skyrim you aim shots, draw the arrow back and pick your moment to shoot, which I found very immersive. In ESO you can face away from your enemy and with a single click of the mouse, your character will spin around and shoot at your target. The bow might as well be a fireball spell.

For me the gameplay felt nearly identical to Guild Wars 2 reskinned. Not necessarily bad, but not what I am looking for from Elder Scrolls.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Scotto

Been playing all day - enjoying myself so far. Kind of chaotic trying to do quests though. because of the sheer number of people in the starter areas.

Made an Imperial in the Daggerfall Covenant - came here to see if anything was going on with a GB guild. My name in-game is "Shakes Mcqueen" - feel free to friend me, and perhaps we can discuss getting a guild up and running? No idea what is involved in that, for this particular game.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@eujin said:

@deathtrap: From what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be much interest in ESO anywhere. That said, I enjoyed what I played of the beta, and will likely play. Despite what some detractors may say, it's nearly identical gameplay to Skyrim. Those that disagree probably should take a larger look at how the quests in Skyrim went. Only major difference is they gave special attacks rather than spell families.

i'll pick it up a bit later. Won't necessarily wait for it to go free to play, but $60+ is a bit steep for something that also charges monthly. I'll get it when it's $20-30 or so, if Star Trek Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic give any indications, I won't have to wait all that long for that, probably 3-4 months. But, yeah, I really don't get what people are so negative about when it comes to ESO. I don't think the combat quite holds up to Skyrim, but it's somewhere around Morrowind and Oblivion, which both were totally fine to me.

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Waiting for Free To Play Alliance.

bahahahahahahahahahahaha +1

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive created a temporary guild to house GB members if anyone cares to join.

Ive called it Luchadeer Crusaders, you may message me ingame @Grimmie92 or Grim Stormius for my character name, I will be on most of the day today untill i have to go to work in about 7 hours

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eujin: aldmeri dominion. FOR THE QUEEN

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@bigjeffrey: Agreed. It's the faction that makes the most sense. Anything else is absotley insane .

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised ebonheart didn't win, it does everywhere else, but then I suspect there are only like 10-15 of us on giant bomb actually getting this game :P

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it seems any alliance can join the guild, Eujin is in the Ebonheart Pact and has joined my Aldmeri Dominion guild so feel free to send me a PM ingame and ill invite you, the only thing is if you join, as long as you are repping Luchadeers it seems youll have to fight for AD in Cyrodiil.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting to play the PS4 version. Hopefully it actually comes out in June. I'm also hoping this bridges the gap for MMOs on consoles and is amazing and popular and leads to many more awesome MMOs for the consoles.

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the game is pretty fun, now that all the F2P trolls arent playing in it like they were in the beta the community is way better too

There are already mods for the PC version that change the UI to be controller friendly so im sure the console ports will be pretty decent, i may end up picking it up on X1 as well down the line.

I cant speak to its success as yet but the fact that The Division is also being developed suggests theyre at least gonna try to make more console MMOs this gen since more and more people have internet and live subscriptions.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I throw my weight behind whichever alliance is into polygamy. Because I'd make a terrible husband, but I'd make for a pretty solid 3rd or 4th husband.

Of course I won't actually be playing this game... but I won't let that stop me from making my voice heard!

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jennifyre

Bad game. Skyrim is better and doesn't need a subscription. Also I don't hate subscriptions. I have a FFXIV subscription active right now.

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jennibelle: Skyrim isnt an MMO, better is entirely relative to your point of view, personally i find the art style and graphics far superior to that of Skyrim's and this game scratces to itches of mine, my need to absorb gratuitous amounts of Elder Scrolls Lore.. and my desire to play a sought after crafter in an MMO.

This is the most fun ive had in a game so far this year, and i own almost every game on Xbox One and purchased Dark Souls 2 for my 360, therefore i cannot call it a bad game.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jennibelle: Skyrim isnt an MMO, better is entirely relative to your point of view, personally i find the art style and graphics far superior to that of Skyrim's and this game scratces to itches of mine, my need to absorb gratuitous amounts of Elder Scrolls Lore.. and my desire to play a sought after crafter in an MMO.

This is the most fun ive had in a game so far this year, and i own almost every game on Xbox One and purchased Dark Souls 2 for my 360, therefore i cannot call it a bad game.

You are right. Skyrim isn't a MMO. However ESO is exactly like a Elder Scrolls game + people and $14 bill every month. Not a good trade off. For $29.99 you can go buy Skyrim with all the DLC and spend endless hours in a better designed world with less fetch quests AND DRAGONS!.

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jennibelle: i dont understand this view point that people like yourself are employing... there is literally no point comparing these 2 games, the only wait it could be a fair comparison is if they launched at the same time, and the only difference was that one was single player, the other was multiplayer, these 2 products are fundamentally different, they are not trying to compete for your attention.

I personally enjoy MMOs, multiplayer games without people would be weird so your "+ people" argument is pretty strange.

I have a job, i work 5 nights a week and can easily afford to spend 15 dollars a month on an mmo, you must be able to as well if youre subbed to FF.. although im definitely gonna sign up to the longer plans for a reduced price since theyre offering 3 and 6 month plans.

for $29.99 i can purchase a game i have already purchased and played almost entirely completion. There are so few people in this world that are interested in the elder scrolls world that havent already played Skyrim that your point here makes very little sense.

You may be right about better designed world. although personally i see little difference in the environment itsself, there are trees, mountains, rivers and oceans.. the world design is beautiful in both games, however you get like 5 times as much content in ESO than you do in Skyrim because Skyrim is just one of many provinces in ESO.

Skyrim is almost entirely "fetch" quests or "kill x number of y creatures" quests even the dragons you praise so highly are revealed to you because you found rumours in a bar that a dragon priest was sighted at such and such mountain or a dragon was circling a certain village..

All the creative dungeoneering missions with puzzle solving and trap manoeuvring can be found in ESO just the same as Skyrim.

Heres a spoiler for you, there are totally dragons in Elder Scrolls Online, not living ones that ive seen, but spirit forms or skeletal ones i can personally say i have seen with my own eyes.

But go ahead and be publicly dismissive about a videogame you've clearly never even played, i can never get enough of people having kneejerk reactions to things they have no idea about.

TLDR, you know nothing John Snow

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.