Which Alliance will you choose?

Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Which Alliance will you choose? (92 votes)

Daggerfall Covenant 33%
Ebonheart Pact 45%
Aldmeri Dominion 23%

I would sit here and explain every single alliance but the website does it much better at it.

Map of the Alliances with descriptions of each one

For me I think I'll be choosing Daggerfall Covenant.

My race will probably be Breton.

What will you guys choose?

#1 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

I like playing as a Redguard lady so Daggerfall I guess

#2 Posted by TheHT (10876 posts) -

I'd be a Redguard as well, so Daggerfall it is.

I like how they've split up the races.

#3 Posted by Reisz (1460 posts) -

If I end up checking it out Ebonheart Pact for sure.

Has it gone free to play yet? I feel like I heard scuttlebutt around that.

#4 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

Is this going to involve rep-grinds? Man, I hate rep-grinds.

I like playing as a Breton so Daggerfall for me as well, I guess.

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7048 posts) -

I've always been partial to Nords so I'll be going Ebonheart Pact.

#6 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

To be honest with you guys, I was angry as hell when I got Game Informer telling me all about this game and finding out it was only on PC. I used to think while playing Skyrim, "Exploring this dungeon with my friend would make this game even more fun to me". Now that this game is announced for the PS4 I take back all my anger and replace it with joy and happiness.

I look forward to giant battles with you guys even if you're on the opposing alliance. But to those of you who are on my alliance, I look forward to exploring stuff and getting into crazy situations.

#7 Edited by living4theday258 (678 posts) -

I'm torn between Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart Pact.

#8 Edited by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

That's the prob with all of this. The Alliance system is gonna kill the pvp. The majority of people always pick human races. One of the factions has no humans so it will always be lopsided. I will invariably play this game for the "30 days free for purchase" and then drop it when the sub hits. I believe this will be the last game to try a sub model. It will last for like 8 months to a year and then go f2p after a ton of hullabaloo about how it failed to meet expectations like SW:ToR. I think I will go Daggerfall Covenant. The game that I think holds the most promise is ArcheAge. They have guild trade and crafting caravan missions where you have to craft as a guild and move supplies to different ports and cities etc. It even has ocean ship combat with pirates and such. It looks really interesting. ESO just looks like it's trying to be a theme park like all the other ones out there.

#9 Posted by JadeGL (738 posts) -

Ebonheart Pact, it looks like.

#10 Posted by Vinny_Says (5685 posts) -

Gotta admit, they sure put a lot of work into that website. I hope the final product is also as well crafted :D

#11 Edited by punkxblaze (2956 posts) -

Breton 4 lyfe. Daggerfall it is.

#12 Posted by BaconGames (3291 posts) -

I played Reguard before but now I feel completely attached to the Argonians for no other reason than they're cool as fuck. So, Ebonheart Pact I guess? The only thing that strikes me as odd is that we're being presented with factions that seemingly already have their alliances and hatreds and you're just asked to choose based on race I guess. Unless they frame it like, your nation is part of the pact but it's more complicated than that, sure I'm for it.

#13 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1388 posts) -

If I ever play it, Ebonheart Pact because I always play a Dark Elf.

#14 Edited by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Are you me?

#15 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1388 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

Are you me?

Am I what? O_o

That combination of EVE and Dota is doing things to you man. Doing things *hiss*

#16 Posted by development (2062 posts) -

Hmm. Just realizing I don't particularly like any of the Elderscrolls races. Also interesting that you can't choose Imperials, though their forces are completely shattered during this war, so it makes sense.

I guess I'd settle with the Aldmeri Dominion, if only because playing the zealot bad guy is always more fun, a la Eve Online's Amarr race.

#17 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

you know, I don't exactly know why there are 3 factions... I mean, the Daggerfall one and the Ebonheart one don't really have distinct aims.

#18 Posted by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

Ebonheart cuz Argonian.

#19 Posted by HH (599 posts) -

i'll play orc if i play, so the northwest one. seems odd that they chose the alliances based on geographical location, considering how political the lore is already. i don't know the lore all that well but both khajit and wood elf seem like a strange fit for the high elves. would it have made more sense if they'd've teamed up with stronger / more militaristic allies? and if the more downtrodden races - khajit, argonian, wood elf, were left to team up together because nobody else picked em? anyway, seems less thought out than usual.

#20 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@hh: I dont know if you read the histories of the alliances on their website, but it explains how they came to be.

#21 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

I'll go with Breton as I usually do. I tend to always go with humans in games. As for why I chose Breton in the first place it was largely because they have the best racial bonuses in the game (from morrowind to skyrim). I've become used to going with Breton and have come to quite like them so i'll stick to that.

#22 Posted by MattGrant (122 posts) -

In all likelihood I will make one of each, but my main will definitely be Ebonheart Pact. Of all the different cultures of Tamriel, Dunmeri is my favorite.

I do love Orsimer though...

#23 Edited by Legion_ (1254 posts) -

Nords, Dunmer and Argonians? There's only one valid option here.

#24 Posted by bogusdd (26 posts) -
#25 Edited by Capum15 (4808 posts) -

Usually Redguard or Breton, so Daggerfall I suppose.

#26 Posted by HH (599 posts) -

@lord_xp: i read what was there, which is pretty light, seems like they just bunched the areas next to eachother together, over-riding any previous history between nations, to serve gameplay i presume, making clearer borders etc, maybe it was also a little to do with balance between races, but it seems like enriching the actual game world was not a consideration. oh well, trappings of a pvp game.

#27 Edited by Butano (1728 posts) -

Usually I pick Imperial, but alas, none exist in this one, so I'll probably pick a Nord. Ebonheart Pact I suppose.

#28 Posted by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

Ebonheart Pact, cause I'm picking a dark elf!

#29 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Aldmeri Dominion, I usually play as a high or wood elf.

#30 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

A day before release, I'm thinking of making a thread for each alliance. In each thread I'll describe the alliance and each race in the alliance. Do you guys think this is a good idea or just not bother to make it.

#31 Edited by Nezza (333 posts) -

I like sneaking so that sounds like a Wood Elf and Aldmeri Dominion for me.

Of course just the small matter of getting a PS4 to play it on as well unless they release a Mac client that runs well on a 13" Macbook Pro.

#32 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1914 posts) -

The Not Gonna Play this Game Alliance!

#33 Posted by Beforet (2912 posts) -

Go Horde or Go Home!

#34 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

No idea. I don't follow Elder Scrolls lore. Whatever one lets me make the sexy lady necromancer I always try to make first in fantasy RPGs. Very few let me though. :(

#35 Posted by Bane122 (783 posts) -

The one that lets me frag other broskis, brah!

*slams a Mountain Dew*

#36 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@bane122: at least its not a bud light

#37 Edited by XLR87T3 (29 posts) -

If you can ride Senche-Tiger, only then would I join the Dominion. The thing is, the ape-like Senche is roughly as tall as an Altmer (6'5"-7') on its hind legs, making it the size of a cougar (that just happens to weigh 3000 lbs). How is a 5'6'' Suthay-raht supposed to balance on that thing? Lions & tigers are 10+ feet on hind legs, so a Senche-raht is a good steed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.