Zenimax lifts NDA for all players

#1 Posted by Wolfgame (816 posts) -

Zenimax has finally lifted their NDA in full, previously it was lifted for only specific media outlets, but as of today the beta/alpha players of ESO can express their opinion on the state of the game however they see fit, this seems to include video coverage and screenshots. Hopefully this starts a respectful exchange of ideas that assist Zenimax/Bethesda in beginning to work on numerous issues that the community has been unable to properly convey as problems.

Source

#2 Edited by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

i heard the pvp sucks, can anyone confirm?

#3 Edited by Pie (7109 posts) -

i heard the game sucks, can anyone confirm?

#4 Edited by Onomatopoeia (101 posts) -

@pie said:

i heard the game sucks, can anyone confirm?

Everything I have heard from people playing the beta is how terrible it is.

#5 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (1171 posts) -

It's WoW with a clunky first person mode.

Discussion end

#6 Posted by Onomatopoeia (101 posts) -

It's WoW with a clunky first person mode.

Discussion end

But WoW is successful.

It's The Old Republic with a clunky first person mode.

#7 Edited by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

Zero chance the end game is going to be interesting, same problem pretty much every single mmo other than Everquest and WoW have had, you need endgame raiding to attract the raiders, and you need the raiders as a basis for your community keeping casuals interested.

#8 Posted by crithon (3338 posts) -

Whoop de doo..... right in time for Titanfall coverage, or maybe it will work for people who are over saturated with titanfall coverage?

#10 Posted by BigJeffrey (5078 posts) -

NDA lifted?

It sucks

#11 Posted by Excast (1029 posts) -

From the few hours I played it seemed like Oblivion with a less interesting story, worse combat, completely arbitrary factions that make no sense from what we know about the Elder Scrolls universe, and gameplay that seems to revolve around spending 75% of your time opening containers with bad items in them.

If that sounds like it's worth paying up front plus a monthly subscription, well good luck and have fun.

#12 Posted by Voxus (343 posts) -

Boring.

#13 Edited by CornBREDX (5629 posts) -

I've only heard bad things from my friends that played the beta. I just hear it's a broken mess. Sounds like it's more broken than most loud betas (betas that a lot of people know about) that come out these days.

People are making it seem dire, but I'm not sure how much of that is the game, because its a beta, or people just wanting it to fail.

So, we'll see I guess. I would like to see an objective write up of someones experience with it, though.

#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

It's baaaaad. The combat is not fun and none of the missions were interesting.You have gotta really love the Elder Scrolls universe to get anything from this and even then that's not saying much.

#15 Posted by Nev (556 posts) -

I love Elder Scrolls, and kind of still enjoy MMOs - I DO have TWO active MMO subs currently! *cough*

ESO is... not so good. Nothing I saw in the beta was even mildly interesting. It's pretty damn boring all around.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.