Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

A Bethesda Fanboy's Latest Attempt At Blogging -BLOG INITIATIVE-

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Edited By jorbear

So, you probably haven't heard of me. Don't feel bad about it, I'm pretty used to it by now.

No Caption Provided

Enough of me wallowing in self-pity and more of me writing about games and stuff (mostly stuff). When Sweep blew the horn calling all Giant Bombers, my initial thought was "Nah fuck dat shit". Yeah, that didn't last for long. Could be fate, could be that I wanted Sweep to someday photoshop my profile picture on a tiger, or it could be that I am just need something to do with my time. Either way, here I am, so... uhh hello!

Honestly, I have no fucking clue how to write a good first blog post, so I'm just going to do the somewhat boring thing and talk about myself, my favorite games, and other shit. First off, I am Jorbear, although that is not important. I am just some dude who finally found Giant Bomb in late 2009 and has stayed loyal ever since.

Now: games, and possibly other dumb shit. The first thing you should notice is my profile picture, and if you don't recognize it then you should just go into your bathroom and choke yourself on your acne cleanser. For those who do recognize it, you will know that it is from Morrowind, which I have played for hundreds upon hundreds of hours. So, I guess this blog will be a bit about Morrowind, and the rest will be me hyping Skyrim unrelentingly. Firstly, I didn't actually beat the main campaign of Morrowind until two summers ago (yeah, I'm a bit behind) and I am one of those guys who played Oblivion before they played Morrowind. Even if I think Morrowind is one of the greatest things that mankind has ever thought of, if you call Oblivion bad, mediocre, or even adequate, I will fight you. Oh and I think Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are cool too.

Now that I have adequately prefaced my devotion to all things Bethesda (some would call me a fanboy), it is finally time to hype Skyrim to death. I am so fucking excited to do this right now.

First and foremost, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is my most anticipated game of 2011 as of now and could possibly win my Game Of The Year (if it can match the greatness of The Witcher 2). Rather than me droning on about it, watch Todd Howard drone on about it instead. Don't worry, there are pictures and stuff to keep you entertained.

Get More: GameTrailers.com, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - E3 2011: Demonstration Part I, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Takeaway from Part 1: Guys, there is dynamic weather. If this is not GOTY material, then I am not Jorbear. Of course, the interface improvements look very sleek and sophisticated, and should hopefully remove the inventory woes of Oblivion without the use of mods. Oh, and I just about came when I saw the map.

Get More: GameTrailers.com, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - E3 2011: Demonstration Part II, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Takeaway from Part 2: Most of us have already seen this dungeon in many of the E3 demos posted on various sites, but there are some interesting tidbits of information and lore here and there. Either way, the melee combat still makes me go "meh".

Get More: GameTrailers.com, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - E3 2011: Demonstration Part III, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Yeah there is a dragon and a giant and some huge fucking mammoth, but there is music straight from Morrowind. That is all that need be said.

So there you go, my first blog post completed. Hopefully you had a good time reading/watching, and I hope you come back to read more about my unhealthy obsession with Bethesda.

Also, because lots of bloggers seem to have a song of the blog or some shit like that, here is mine. And no, I did not make that video. I'm not that stupid.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jorbear

So, you probably haven't heard of me. Don't feel bad about it, I'm pretty used to it by now.

No Caption Provided

Enough of me wallowing in self-pity and more of me writing about games and stuff (mostly stuff). When Sweep blew the horn calling all Giant Bombers, my initial thought was "Nah fuck dat shit". Yeah, that didn't last for long. Could be fate, could be that I wanted Sweep to someday photoshop my profile picture on a tiger, or it could be that I am just need something to do with my time. Either way, here I am, so... uhh hello!

Honestly, I have no fucking clue how to write a good first blog post, so I'm just going to do the somewhat boring thing and talk about myself, my favorite games, and other shit. First off, I am Jorbear, although that is not important. I am just some dude who finally found Giant Bomb in late 2009 and has stayed loyal ever since.

Now: games, and possibly other dumb shit. The first thing you should notice is my profile picture, and if you don't recognize it then you should just go into your bathroom and choke yourself on your acne cleanser. For those who do recognize it, you will know that it is from Morrowind, which I have played for hundreds upon hundreds of hours. So, I guess this blog will be a bit about Morrowind, and the rest will be me hyping Skyrim unrelentingly. Firstly, I didn't actually beat the main campaign of Morrowind until two summers ago (yeah, I'm a bit behind) and I am one of those guys who played Oblivion before they played Morrowind. Even if I think Morrowind is one of the greatest things that mankind has ever thought of, if you call Oblivion bad, mediocre, or even adequate, I will fight you. Oh and I think Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are cool too.

Now that I have adequately prefaced my devotion to all things Bethesda (some would call me a fanboy), it is finally time to hype Skyrim to death. I am so fucking excited to do this right now.

First and foremost, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is my most anticipated game of 2011 as of now and could possibly win my Game Of The Year (if it can match the greatness of The Witcher 2). Rather than me droning on about it, watch Todd Howard drone on about it instead. Don't worry, there are pictures and stuff to keep you entertained.

Get More: GameTrailers.com, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - E3 2011: Demonstration Part I, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Takeaway from Part 1: Guys, there is dynamic weather. If this is not GOTY material, then I am not Jorbear. Of course, the interface improvements look very sleek and sophisticated, and should hopefully remove the inventory woes of Oblivion without the use of mods. Oh, and I just about came when I saw the map.

Get More: GameTrailers.com, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - E3 2011: Demonstration Part II, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Takeaway from Part 2: Most of us have already seen this dungeon in many of the E3 demos posted on various sites, but there are some interesting tidbits of information and lore here and there. Either way, the melee combat still makes me go "meh".

Get More: GameTrailers.com, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - E3 2011: Demonstration Part III, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Yeah there is a dragon and a giant and some huge fucking mammoth, but there is music straight from Morrowind. That is all that need be said.

So there you go, my first blog post completed. Hopefully you had a good time reading/watching, and I hope you come back to read more about my unhealthy obsession with Bethesda.

Also, because lots of bloggers seem to have a song of the blog or some shit like that, here is mine. And no, I did not make that video. I'm not that stupid.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By wunder_

I'm pretty hype for Skyrim - though I'm not sure if I can run it on my PC, which makes me sad. However, I will eventually get it and play it! I didn't really enjoy Oblivion though and I'm not a big Elder Scrolls player, so don't hate on me too much ><

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sagesebas

I really excited for Skyrim too like too excited

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

@jorbear said:

I am so fucking excited to do this right now.

I'M EXCITED TOO!

If you feel like keeping up the blogging, what I'd really like to see is an in-depth breakdown of those vids from the perspective of someone who's played Morrowind and Oblivion.

I easily put over 100 hours into Oblivion but haven't cracked double digits in Morrowind :/

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jorbear

@Ravenlight said:

@jorbear said:

I'M EXCITED TOO!

If you feel like keeping up the blogging, what I'd really like to see is an in-depth breakdown of those vids from the perspective of someone who's played Morrowind and Oblivion.

I easily put over 100 hours into Oblivion but haven't cracked double digits in Morrowind :/

Hey you know what, I just might do that. I was planning on blogging about Dead Space 2 today, but this idea of yours is WAY FUCKING BETTER THAN MINE.

I think I will do it per video, or something along those lines. Expect the writeup (might do a video of it) in a few hours.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

@jorbear said:

@Ravenlight said:

@jorbear said:

I'M EXCITED TOO!

Hey you know what, I just might do that. I was planning on blogging about Dead Space 2 today, but this idea of yours is WAY FUCKING BETTER THAN MINE.

I think I will do it per video, or something along those lines. Expect the writeup (might do a video of it) in a few hours.

YEAHH! Go Team Internet!

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jorbear

@Ravenlight: Actually, got busy, and then my video got corrupted.

I will do a write up tomorrow. :(

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Juicebox

how can you guys play this game sober?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.