Academic Research on Player Motivations

#1 Posted by BBostan (7 posts) -

Hi Everyone;

I am an Assistant Professor at Information Systems Department of Yeditepe University/Turkey. I am conducting a research on "Player Motivations" and "Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim" players are included in my survey target group. I designed a questionnaire on Player Motivations which can be found at :

http://www.silentblade.com/Questionnaire.htm

Can you please help me collect data for my research?

PS: http://www.silentblade.com is my personal website and you can find more information about me and my previous publications in the website.

Yours Respectfully

Dr. Barbaros Bostan

Yeditepe University, Information Systems and Technologies Department

#2 Posted by Lenny (83 posts) -

No problem, done. As a psychologist I find your research very interesting, I'd like to read your findings when you are finished.

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8609 posts) -

I'll fill it in for ya.

#4 Posted by dietmango (1667 posts) -

Done, filled out the survey. I'm interested in seeing how your research pans out.

#5 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

Done.

#6 Posted by Melvargh (524 posts) -

Very cool, I'll do it for sure.

#7 Posted by phantomsnake (32 posts) -

Done. Interesting survey. It certainly explores a wide variety of motivations.

#8 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

20) To nourish, aid or protect a helpless person. To express sympathy. To have a child.

This option really threw me off. Of course helping people and sympathy are important but I don't want children. I don't see how those are very well related.

#9 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

Done

#10 Posted by Daneian (1252 posts) -

Done. Excited to see what come of this.

#11 Posted by Unchained (1090 posts) -

Done. Interesting questions.

#12 Posted by BaconGames (3609 posts) -

Finished the response and gave you a super long critique of the survey. Sorry about that, couldn't help myself. I felt the need to apply what I learned as a sociology student and quantitative researcher for this kind of stuff. Really love that you're doing this though and I'm curious what your analysis reveals or how its structured.

#13 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

Did it. Interested to see the results.

#14 Posted by BBostan (7 posts) -

Thanks everyone. There are criticisms about questionnaire items and grouping of actions but these are original items from Henry Murray's book: Explorations in Personality.

#15 Posted by BBostan (7 posts) -

@Tuffgong: I have read your super long critique line by line :) Thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.