All Skyrim character/race screenshots in one place

• 96 results
#1 Edited by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

I think they look really good. The race models were some of the many problems I had with Oblivion.  

Well anyway, here's the list.  

Thoughts, guys?

#2 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

That's cool and all but I'm still hoping for a mod that will turn everyone into human. Inb4racist

#3 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Is the Imperial still a race? Or was that just for Oblivion? It doesn't really matter since that race had dull traits anyway.  

At least the people look like regular people and don't have potato faces like in Oblivion.

#4 Edited by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

No Redguard yet? I hope they have a better look this game - in Oblivion many Redguard NPCs looked like deeply tanned Imperials.

So far Skyrim seems to be all about making the designs visually distinct so that shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: slow loading page there - didn't see the first time that they have a picture of a female they say is a Redguard, but... nope. Don't think so. Also the wood elf at the bottom looks more like a Dunmer.

Second edit: that page is still slowly loading... WTF is this, 1999?

#5 Posted by Witzig (327 posts) -

Didnt anyone notice the Argonians?  
#6 Posted by Brians (1463 posts) -

Khajit looks baller. my first class undoubtedly.

#7 Posted by Duckbutter (412 posts) -

Ugh. After lookin at those screenshots I think I realized I have Fantasy Fatigue or somethin. If I see another Orc-lookin dude in armor with a sword, I think I'm gonna throw up in my mouth and then swallow it and then throw up again because i swallowed my own throw up.

Know what would be cool? An RPG that takes place in the present. Why the FFFFuck don't those exist?

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4706 posts) -
@Stahlbrand:  There is a redguard lady in there but she doesn't seem super tan

Anywho, the Argonians look like raptors which I'm all for but I think the Orc 2 looked almost human which was kinda weird but first orc was definatly... uh orc.  Looks great and I cannot wait to play it
#9 Posted by Getz (3018 posts) -

Uh, why is the Redguard white?

#10 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I might have to go Nord for my first character in this game (I always went for Redguard in Oblivion and Morrowind) they look badass. 

#11 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

After not liking Oblivion to such a degree I wasn't very hyped for Skyrim, but every time I see anything about it it makes me more excited for it.  All the character models of all the races look so great.  I want to be an orc.

#12 Posted by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

@Duckbutter said:

Know what would be cool? An RPG that takes place in the present. Why the FFFFuck don't those exist?

Because an "RPG in the present" ends up being GTA4 or Modern Warfare - the present does not support interesting scenarios for RPG gameplay, fantastic takes on our medieval past or our post-apocalyptic future widen the boundaries of plausible behaviour and dangerous settings.

I don't know, but that's my first response.

#13 Posted by Gangsterlax (113 posts) -
@Getz: she looks like an imperial 
#14 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

It looks good. I really hope I can actually enjoy this game. Oblivion just never did it for me.

#15 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Thanks for posting this here. Saw this this morning on beth's site but now that its here I can say: 

Argonians look fucking badass!

#16 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -
@Getz said:

#17 Posted by SexualBubblegumX (542 posts) -

So far the races look pretty boss... Except that one dude who looked like a human with mangled teeth XD

But yeah, making a Nord. Now if I could get a stereotypical Viking helmet. >.>

#18 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Stahlbrand said:

@Duckbutter said:

Because an "RPG in the present" ends up being GTA4 or Modern Warfare - the present does not support interesting scenarios for RPG gameplay, fantastic takes on our medieval past or our post-apocalyptic future widen the boundaries of plausible behaviour and dangerous settings.

I don't know, but that's my first response.

I kinda want an RPG that plays similar to Elder Scrolls that's in the past, but actually historically accurate.
#19 Posted by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

@CL60: The best real-ish game I can recommend is Mount & Blade. M&B is more about building an army, selling your services as a mercenary, swearing fealty to a king, becoming a lord, marrying into royal blood... that kind of thing, but it has a very historical bent to it. The nations are all given fake names, and combinations of regions and time don't all line up, but it feels alot like Medieval History: The Game, rather than anything fantasy themed.

I've put like 80 hrs into M&B:Warband since I bought it for Steam, but I also played it a tonne before it came to Steam.

Its an acquired taste niche game, but I dig it. Eats time like Civ, almost.

#20 Posted by velucyraptor (358 posts) -
@BaneFireLord said:
@Getz said:

I stared for a good two minutes. 

Digging the hell out of that first orc, second is just a green human with an underbite.
#21 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

The big question now is will Argonians and Khajiit have human feet or the morrowind kinda feet.  

I wanna also toss in that  

Mr.T confirmed.  
#22 Posted by Spoonman671 (4641 posts) -

There doesn't seem to be any Altmer screenshots out their.  That sucks, because magic makes me horny.

#23 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

Fucking finally these human faces actually look attractive. God damn.

#24 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Silly Bethesda, Redguards aren't white.

#25 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -
@velucyraptor said:
@BaneFireLord said:
@Getz said:

I stared for a good two minutes.  Digging the hell out of that first orc, second is just a green human with an underbite.
I'll be damned. You totally can have white Redguard characters in Oblivion. Mind = blown.
#26 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

I love the old D&D style Orc

#27 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Holy shit, they actually made the Bosmer look like they actually fit into their badass lore. The best archers in the world, preferring wilderness to towns and keeps, and only eat meat.

#28 Posted by Unchained (1081 posts) -

I'll post the screenshots all here. I believe these are all (most?) characters made up at the QuakeCon demos by the public and game press. Might explain why the 2nd orc looks so weird. No accounting for some people's taste. The nord is utterly badass though. Orc or Nord for my first Skyrim character, for certain.

Assorted
Nord (Breton?)
Nord 2
Nord 3
Argonian
Khajit 1
Khajit 2
Dunmer
Orc
Redguard (Breton/Nord/Imperial?)
Bosmer 1
Bosmer 2
#29 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -
@Duckbutter said:

Devil's Survivor
#30 Posted by yakov456 (1908 posts) -

That first Orc and the Khajit pics look great.

#31 Posted by themangalist (1736 posts) -
@Duckbutter said:

Ugh. After lookin at those screenshots I think I realized I have Fantasy Fatigue or somethin. If I see another Orc-lookin dude in armor with a sword, I think I'm gonna throw up in my mouth and then swallow it and then throw up again because i swallowed my own throw up.

Alpha Protocol for one. It's actually alright. And weird. And disappointing.
#32 Posted by themangalist (1736 posts) -
@Unchained said:

Bosmer 1
That is so obviously Dunmer. Dark skin, RED EYES. Sorry for being an TES fanboy, but it kinda ticks me off everytime people caption the pic saying he's Bosmer.

@DillonWerner said:

Red guard for me are black people. And white black people makes no sense. :P
#33 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -
#34 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

@fini_fly said:

@Duckbutter said:

Devil's Survivor

I'll throw in the Persona series while we're at it.

Also that Argonian looks sexy as fuck.

#35 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -
@themangalist said:
@Unchained said:

Bosmer 1
That is so obviously Dunmer. Dark skin, RED EYES. Sorry for being an TES fanboy, but it kinda ticks me off everytime people caption the pic saying he's Bosmer.

@DillonWerner said:

Red guard for me are black people. And white black people makes no sense. :P
http://www.ripten.com/2011/08/12/this-is-the-character-i-made-in-skyrim/ according to this article he's a bosmer
#36 Posted by HistoryInRust (6317 posts) -

Argonians look so fucking good. Jesus Christ.

#37 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Here's a comparison of them all compared to their oblivion counterparts. The only race that I don't see is Altmer/High Elf. 

#38 Edited by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck why is the Redguard white?

Okay, saw the second pic of a Redguard now. Looks fucking awesome. Can't decide wether to go with Orc/Redguard warrior-ish dude or Khaijit/Argonian thief baller. Probably the latter. Argonians looks awesome now.

#39 Edited by Unchained (1081 posts) -

@themangalist said:

Bosmer 1
@Unchained said:

I just captioned everything the same way the origininating website did. It was a service to the community here to post the pics here instead of going to another site.

That said, the other "bosmer" looks a little ashy-skinned and I would have originally thought that was a dunmer as well.

#40 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -
@ShaneDev said:
Is the Imperial still a race? Or was that just for Oblivion?
Imperial has always been a race, to the extent of my knowledge.
#41 Edited by Unchained (1081 posts) -

@Matfei90 said:

@ShaneDev said:

As a selectable race, it started in Morrowind. In Arena or Daggerfall, you couldn't choose Imperial as a character race. Battlespire didn't have the option either.

#42 Posted by Bollard (5560 posts) -
  Loving this one, can't wait to play a Khajiit already!  
#43 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2388 posts) -

I really like the Dark Elf. I'll go with that for my first character, mostly to celebrate the death of these fucking abominations:

#44 Posted by Unchained (1081 posts) -

@GreenBeret3 said:

@themangalist said:
@Unchained said:
[PIC]
http://www.ripten.com/2011/08/12/this-is-the-character-i-made-in-skyrim/ according to this article he's a bosmer

Yup, that confirms it. Bosmer.

#45 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -
#46 Edited by PenguinDust (12523 posts) -

I had forgotten how ugly an unmodded game makes everyone.  The new models look pretty good.  I can't wait to see what the community can do to make even better.

#47 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -
@Unchained said:

@Matfei90 said:

@ShaneDev said:

As a selectable race, it started in Morrowind. In Arena or Daggerfall, you couldn't choose Imperial as a character race. Battlespire didn't have the option either.

Incidentally, Morrowind was my entry to the series.
#48 Posted by bioblood22 (420 posts) -

Am I the only one that thinks the guy with a bow is an imperial?

#49 Posted by TorMasturba (1094 posts) -

I'm either going to be an orc, a nord or a dark elf.

#50 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

So I can be raptor jesus?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.