Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

All Skyrim character/race screenshots in one place

• 96 results
    Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
    SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SexualBubblegumX
    @Tan
    Yes, yes you can.
    lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By lockwoodx
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By fjordson

I think it all looks great. It's insane how much better the races look when compared to Oblivion's. 

I'm thinking a Khajiit for my first playthrough. Or possibly Dunmer.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Divina_Rex
    Avatar image for thefalconproduction
    TheFalconProduction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShaneDev

I honestly doubt the Imperial Guard race will be available to play as, since they are people from the Imperial City which is in Oblivion. But hey, the game isn't out yet, so as far as I'm concerned, that's an imcomplete list. You may never know.
    Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By Stahlbrand

@GreenBeret3: Sweet pics. I love the armour the Dunmer is wearing, and the Argonian looks very impressive as well.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Maystack
    @TheFalconProduction: The Imperial Guard are different to the Imperial race. You could play as an Imperial in Morrowind, and that was nowhere near the Imperial City.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By BBQBram

Khajiit again for me!

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Divina_Rex

this is a hideous character 

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By atejas

Most of the Imperial perks in Morrowind and Oblivion were oriented around the prestige and what have you of being an Imperial, and unless I recall wrong, the Empire's kind of dead/dying/something, so I wonder how that'll play out.
    Assuming there's actually logic to the perks and the rumour I heard about the Nords gaining fire resistance aren't true.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Gargantuan
    @TheFalconProduction said:

@ShaneDev:  I honestly doubt the Imperial Guard race will be available to play as, since they are people from the Imperial City which is in Oblivion. But hey, the game isn't out yet, so as far as I'm concerned, that's an imcomplete list. You may never know.

Todd Howard has confirmed that the 10 playable races from Morrowind and Oblivion will be the playable races in Skyrim
    Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, they still look kinda weird and I can see hints of that awful skin colouring method from Oblivion where you could have bizarre multicoloured faces…

Edit: My concern is more to do with design aesthetic rather than the production quality, they look 'good' but not 'right'

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic
    @Fjordson said:
    I think it all looks great. It's insane how much better the races look when compared to Oblivion's.  I'm thinking a Khajiit for my first playthrough. Or possibly Dunmer.
    Was thinking the same thing. It's crazy how far along the details, models, and textures have come on the same software engine.  Pretty sure I'll play Dunmer first--to keep tradition with how I played Morrowind and Oblivion.
    Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@NeverDave said:

I dunno, they still look kinda weird and I can see hints of that awful skin colouring method from Oblivion where you could have bizarre multicoloured faces…

At least the humans look human. In Oblivion you were hard pressed to find someone who didn't look like a freak (and even then you'd be luckier with the beast races).

Maybe they still look a little weird, but it's hard to notice considering the point of comparison.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@528seven said:

@NeverDave said:

At least the humans look human. In Oblivion you were hard pressed to find someone who didn't look like a freak (and even then you'd be luckier with the beast races).

Maybe they still look a little weird, but it's hard to notice considering the point of comparison.

Yeah, Oblivion had bafflingly awful character creation. I'm still dubious at how good the creator will be, we're still seeing things created by the people who made the game, how it works for everyone else will be interesting.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Stahlbrand

@NeverDave said:

@528seven said:

@NeverDave said:

Yeah, Oblivion had bafflingly awful character creation. I'm still dubious at how good the creator will be, we're still seeing things created by the people who made the game, how it works for everyone else will be interesting.

These shots are mostly from Quakecon journalist demos - these are the characters rolled up by lucky sods who got to play the game for an hour. The screenshots were posed by BSW by loading the saves from the event.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stahlbrand said:

@NeverDave said:

@528seven said:

@NeverDave said:

These shots are mostly from Quakecon journalist demos - these are the characters rolled up by lucky sods who got to play the game for an hour. The screenshots were posed by BSW by loading the saves from the event.

Ah that's more hopeful then, thanks.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By Floppypants

I think they all look pretty good. Bethesda isn't going to win any awards, but its light years better than Oblivion and Fallout. I'm looking forward to rolling my Argonian. I figure it's only fitting that the dragonborn be a reptile.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Divina_Rex

A fierce Orc but the hairdo makes him too human 

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By atejas
    @GreenBeret3 said:
    A fierce Orc but the hairdo makes him too human 

That seems to be a problem with the orcs. At least two of the three screenshots we've seen have hair that looks more appropriate for a human race.
    sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By sjupp

Love the fact that the Khajiits don't look like fucking retards anymore!

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Stahlbrand

@atejas said:

@GreenBeret3 said:
    A fierce Orc but the hairdo makes him too human That seems to be a problem with the orcs. At least two of the three screenshots we've seen have hair that looks more appropriate for a human race.

Well, IIRC, you could select a range of human-appropriate hair styles for Orc characters in Oblivion. Beyond that, I know one of the basic mods I had unlocked all hair for all races.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By donkeycow
    @Gargantuan: This.  It's been confirmed quite a few times that all 10 races will be in the game.  So that means Imperials will in fact be there.  Although now that the Empire is in bad shape they're name might be changed to Cyrodillian or something else.
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74  Edited By veektarius

Elves look too buff.  Guess they only have one male body model?

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By atejas
    @Veektarius said:

Elves look too buff.  Guess they only have one male body model?

I'm waiting till we see the Altmer. The Dunmer and Bosmer are both reasonably martial and warlike, so it makes sense that they'd be in better shape.
    And I'm still waiting for them to pull some lore out of their ass and make the steampunk dwarves a playable race.
    daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By daiphyer

Finally, someone I can fuck who doesn't look like shit!

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Divina_Rex
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#78  Edited By Justin258
    @Duckbutter said:

Ugh. After lookin at those screenshots I think I realized I have Fantasy Fatigue or somethin. If I see another Orc-lookin dude in armor with a sword, I think I'm gonna throw up in my mouth and then swallow it and then throw up again because i swallowed my own throw up.

Know what would be cool? An RPG that takes place in the present. Why the FFFFuck don't those exist?

Alpha Protocol takes place in the present, and there's a turn-based Ghost Recon RPG on 3DS. I shit you not. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, though, but I haven't gone through all the pages to find out. 

Meanwhile I think these faces look much, much better. If the stories and voice actors match the jump in face quality then I think we'll be in for a real treat here. Who the fuck am I kidding? It's Skyrim, we're going to be in for a real treat anyway!
    Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Storms

@Maystack: I also don't see Breton. 

Speaking of which, I was wondering whether someone could do me a favor. It seems to have been hinted at but I cannot find solid confirmation that the body types in Skyrim character creation include fatness. If anyone can find a source for that, I would be highly appreciative. Because my hopes are way up and I don't want to be psyched all the way to 11.11.11, turn on the game and not be able to make a fat Breton that dual-wields staves.

I've searched pretty extensively, though. It just might not be out there.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#80  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@believer258: Well they have something like 2-3 times as many folks doing VO for Skyrim, so as long as they don't do that fucking shit where A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ACTOR SAYS EXACTLY THE SAME FUCKING THING (seriously, the most retarded thing I've ever experienced in a game), I think the VO will be much more tolerable, just because there won't be the same 3 people talking to you over and over.

No Caption Provided

I was on the fence about what race to place, because Argonians and Khajiits both look super kick ass this time around. Then I saw this. Totally sold on Argonian (minus the horns o.o)

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Divina_Rex

Dunmer 

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By atejas
    @GreenBeret3 said:
    YOU GON GET RAPED
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By JP_Russell
    @Storms:
    @Veektarius:
    Bethesda said in the fan interview that they have a light and heavy body type. And it's a bit unclear from what they say after that, but it sounds like you might be able to then tweak your character's body further after choosing between those two aesthetic archetypes. That part's just how I read into it, though, it's completely speculation.  The light and heavy body types are the only confirmed bit of customization I know of.
    Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Storms
    @JP_Russell

Obviously we've seen two types of character build in the screenshots so far; thin and muscular. And we've seen varying degrees of muscular. That makes the case for tweaking from the archetypes. That makes me think there's a 75 percent chance that from one or both of these options, we can make a body type that looks reasonably fat. And a 65 percent chance that we'd be able to go to the lengths of, say, giving a character a pot-belly.  

Bethesda did have NPCs in Oblivion that were "fat in the face", so if they're going to make the body customisable this time around, it makes sense that we can make them just plain fat now. The problem I see with going all the way is, of course, armor fitting.

I hope I can clear this up before I get to the Character Creation screen. That would be the worst place to learn I can't make the character that's in my head. 

@Floppypants: 

Bethesda isn't going to win any awards

Oh, I disagree. 
    Jocund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jocund

Oh man, that female Dark Elf looks fucking great; I'm so glad they look more akin to their Morrowind counterparts, than those hideous Oblivion whatsit's. I think I'm gonna go out and finish paying this off now. 

Also, I pray for puppies. 

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Storms

NORD 
    NORD 

The trees here look really impressive. Looks like forests have a chance of being convincingly filled with trees. Not to mention the great detail on the character.
    Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#87  Edited By Hector

I know Im making a Nord character for sure!

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Aishan
    SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89  Edited By SumDeus

I'm looking forward to making an old Breton mage. For my first playthrough though, I think I'm going with some type of Elf or a Redguard.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#90  Edited By mikemcn

@GreenBeret3 said:

Dunmer

Thats one big dog. i better get an in-game dog, or no sale.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Storms
    ORC 
    ORC 
    Frakking outstanding. Look at that; body art confirmed. You can see a vague tattoo on his arm. And just look at that luscious swirling mist.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#92  Edited By ProfessorEss

This might be the first time I even consider making an Argonian.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Stahlbrand

@Storms said:

@JP_Russell:

Obviously we've seen two types of character build in the screenshots so far; thin and muscular. And we've seen varying degrees of muscular. That makes the case for tweaking from the archetypes. That makes me think there's a 75 percent chance that from one or both of these options, we can make a body type that looks reasonably fat. And a 65 percent chance that we'd be able to go to the lengths of, say, giving a character a pot-belly.

I think it has been confirmed, though I don't remember where, maybe in the 'fan interview' on the BSW boards, that there are two body types, 'thin' and 'muscular'. Sounded to me like it is "A" or "B" not something that is adjustable. I think any variation you've noticed is a difference between races, as I'm sure the muscular Bretons are not as large as their muscular Imperial or Nord kin.

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By konradbm
    @Stahlbrand said:

@Storms said:

@JP_Russell:

I think it has been confirmed, though I don't remember where, maybe in the 'fan interview' on the BSW boards, that there are two body types, 'thin' and 'muscular'. Sounded to me like it is "A" or "B" not something that is adjustable. I think any variation you've noticed is a difference between races, as I'm sure the muscular Bretons are not as large as their muscular Imperial or Nord kin.

Yeah I've tended to noticed that races like the Redguard and Orc have far more protuding veins and defined muscles than, say, elves in general. Which makes sense obviously.

Sidenote: this is the first time Red Guard haven't looked like fairly racist parodies of 90s rap acts. Can't wait to play as one.
    Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Storms
    bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#96  Edited By bioblood22

I do think the argonians do have a JP raptor feel to them, but at least they look beast-like and far from human. orcs and nords look great to me, good thing they're always my favs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.