Any awesome/funny/badass custom weapon names?

• 51 results
#1 Posted by PepitoneConQueso (40 posts) -

Anyone care to share some of their weapon names?

Ill start, Legendary Daedric Sword with frost and fire enchantments... A Sword of Ice and Fire

P.S. - If you think I made this topic because I'm very proud of my mild creativity...you'd be correct. But I am curious to see what everyone else has come up with.

#2 Posted by MelficeVKM (160 posts) -

My fire-enhanced sword Flame, and my frost-enhanced dagger Frost seem to rival your creative skills!

#3 Posted by Skyfire543 (675 posts) -

My Soul Trap Glass sword is called Soulrender. I have a fire enchanted orcish bow that I never use anymore called Firestarter. It's stitting on a weapon rack in Whiterun.

And just because I'm an otaku, I guess, my Blades Sword is called Neitono No Shana, with a fire enchant, obviously.

The rest of my enchanted stuff I've found or gotten from quests. So they're all like Iron Sword of Frost and such.

#4 Posted by Red_R0B0T (33 posts) -

I named an amulet with +15 pickpocket "My Purse!"

Thats all I got. I got to like 60 enchanting skill before I even realized you could rename your enchanted weapons. I let a lot of unnamed frost, fire, and shock daggers go.

#5 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Ragnarok - Daedric sword (Legendary) (31 fire and 31 shock damage)
Thanatos - Daedric sword (Legendary) (absorb 20 hp, soul steal for 10 seconds)

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Blacksmith's apron with Fortify Smithing: Smithing Trunks

Robe that makes Destruction magic more better: Bathrobe of Better Burning

#7 Posted by Kasswara (178 posts) -

The Sword That Cuts

The Hammer That Crushes

The Axe That Axes

The Bow That Shoots

Beat that.

#8 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -

Made some rings and named them after animals (ring of the Ox for carrying weight, fish for water breathing, etc.), Eye of the Marksman is my Archery amulet, Featherweight is my weight amulet.

#9 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

I'm currently rolling around with my legendary glass daggers Pride (flame damage) & Prejudice (soul trap). Not too clever but I just love coming up behind fools and slitting their throats with my precious Pride. Watching their corpse fall to the floor as it's engulfed in flames is delightful enough to make me question whether or not I have issues.

#10 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

As a mage I roll with conjured weapons so no funny names :/

#11 Posted by snowballingblood (52 posts) -

New enchanted mace: The Prolapser

#12 Posted by AlmostSwedish (551 posts) -

@Vexxan: You havn't named any spells either?

#13 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

Wait...you can name weapons? How?!

@PepitoneConQueso said:

Ill start, Legendary Daedric Sword with frost and fire enchantments... A Sword of Ice and Fire

P.S. - If you think I made this topic because I'm very proud of my mild creativity...you'd be correct. But I am curious to see what everyone else has come up with.

Bad news: 2003-era Magic: The Gathering beat you to this one!

#14 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I am going to call my sword Humphry. 

#15 Posted by AlisterCat (5522 posts) -

@Babylonian: Fire and Ice is totally different to Ice and Fire.

#16 Posted by PepitoneConQueso (40 posts) -

@Babylonian: Thats pretty funny, but I was referring to the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire".

#17 Posted by Epic_Stride (1 posts) -

I have a Dwarven Warhammer enchanted with Frost Damage named Eko Noble

#18 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

Good job reviving this old thread...

I guess the ones I'm most proud of are my boots, called "Reaper's March" (muffle and fortify sneak enchant).

I also have a ring that I call "Loop of Breath" (waterbreathing).

Gloves, "Death's Touch" (fortify sneak and fortify pickpocket).

I've got a few other ones but they're not nearly as awesome as the above.

#19 Posted by offstar10291 (1 posts) -

my sky forge steel sword with ice and fire enchant Aan Zahkrii Se Iiss Ahrk Yol ( A Sword Of Ice And Fire) a play of words based off A Game Of Thrones

#20 Posted by Sean2206 (264 posts) -

I use a lot of enchanted weaponry but most of it is named after ice and fire weapons or in universe references.

I've got:

-Longclaw

-Ice

-Heartsbane

-Widow's Wail

-Blackfyre

-Reaper's Wind

-Amulet of R'hllor

-Helm of the Drowned God

Not overly creative but I like the weapon names from ASOIAF and allows me to combine two of my favorite fantasy worlds.

#21 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

My dagger of choice is called pokey.

#22 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@Babylonian said:

Wait...you can name weapons? How?!

@PepitoneConQueso said:

Bad news: 2003-era Magic: The Gathering beat you to this one!

I think I have 2 of those. Most badass cards ever made, as far as I'm concerned, tied with Dragon Mage and Niv-Mizzet. As an aside, Niv-Mizzet is actually at the center of a Ravnica block infinite damage combo I came up with, but the problem is that it takes 3 high cost blue and red cards on the field and either 1 or 2 0-cost permanents in hand to pull off, or in other words next-to-impossible to get out. And it may have even required a specific order in one or two places, making it even harder.

Yeah, that shit's probably unreadable to 99% of board users. Anyways, infinite combos are cool. I haven't done any "unique" names with my enchantments in Skyrim because I don't have 100 Enchanting, so most of my stuff is about equal to random loot, and I really like some of the artifacts I've found (Dawnbreaker and Dragonbane in particular are pretty damned awesome).

#23 Posted by JVern16 (1 posts) -

Ebony bow of frost: Rootie Tooty Aim and Shooty

Ebony Mace of fire: Whammy Kablamy

#24 Posted by 49th (2722 posts) -

Get this... a fire enchanted ebony sword, right? I named it... Flaming Ebony Sword.

#25 Edited by Irvandus (2875 posts) -

My Big Ass Sword is named "Blade of Charlie."

Edit: After writing this I want to go and enchant another and name it Big Ass Sword.

#26 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -

I can't claim responsibility for this, but my roommate named a frost-enchanted bow "Bow of Chilly."

#27 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

My holy trinity: stabby, slashy and smashy.

#28 Posted by Hells (69 posts) -

I named my Elven Dagger: The Elvish Tickler

and my Dwarven Bow: The Dwarven Bowner

Not terribly original, though they made it more amusing when telling my friends of my tales in Skyrim.

#29 Posted by Svenzon (718 posts) -

I named my soultrapping bow Soulbringer after an old (and spectacularly buggy) game.

#30 Posted by Budrp (1 posts) -

I have a few

Daedric bow of soul Fuck is what i named my bow

Deadric swords i have two enchanted there names are Deadric sword of face rape and is twin brother is ass ream

two daedric daggers ones FUCK the others YOU

#31 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1035 posts) -

If I'm playing the game seriously--not goofing off--I'll give enchanted items names like Nightfang and Bloodlust. If I'm just having stupid fun I'll name something, oh, let's say The Dude, or maybe Oblivion's Cock.

#32 Posted by TheJohn (553 posts) -

I cast (casted?) Fear on my woodcutter's axe and called it Paranoiaxe. Makes me feel badass when I cut wood.

#33 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@TheJohn: I reckon there's good fun to be had with a fire enchanted woodcutter's axe, burn them as you cut em!
#34 Posted by TheJohn (553 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: "Uhm, why is the Dragonborn hacking away at that pile of burning wood?"

I also have a pretty sweet Medallion of Decent Discounts, which knocks 17% off any price in any shop in all of Skyrim. Awesome! And a bow with Paralyze called Bow of Ouch! Cramps!

#35 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@TheJohn: Funny mental image to be sure.

My two axes have dutch words as name, so the joke is lost in translation sadly!
#36 Posted by Mike76x (555 posts) -

I had a pair of swords named "Deadric sword of flaming awesome".

#37 Posted by Mustachio (242 posts) -

Because if you're not punching dragons in the face then you're playing the game wrong.

#38 Posted by Harpell (158 posts) -

I have a fire-enchanted bow called "Butt Burner"...

I aim for the head.

#39 Posted by ShalashaskaUK666 (523 posts) -

I always name mine after metal songs or artists, so my main 2 at the minute are an ebony greatsword 'Tremorfell's Riff' (Mark Tremonti) and a flame bow, ''Cormier's Flame' (Liam Cormier from Cancer Bats) :D

#40 Posted by Hennet_sim (339 posts) -

I named my bow - Pointy object projector.

#41 Posted by Tsoglani (585 posts) -

I named one of my bows "The Ebony Bow of Funk" - it has shock damage. My 2 handed sword of frost is "Odin Slayer".

#42 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

I don't really enchant much. But I do recall enchanting the Headsman's Axe and calling it "Thighslapper" or something like that. And a helmet that I called "The Face of Boe"; because I was very bored and had watched a lot of Dr. Who that day..

#43 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

Big Pickle

#44 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (102 posts) -

I have yet to get this game but my cousin has a sword he calls the Sword of Hades which has Soul Trap, Silent Moons, and Turn Undead...he is a beast with that weapon.

#45 Edited by SkyrimCompletionist (1 posts) -

Beat this names! Nah just kidding. This is a bow that is for the guards. The Kneecapper, Has the enchantment of Fiery soul trap and paralyze for 10 seconds. And Melee weapons: Chaos sword (Dragonbone sword that has Paralyze and Steal health) And a dagger called Chaos dagger (Dragonbone dagger and has paralyze and fiery sould trap) And i play on master

#46 Posted by Fire_Master (1 posts) -

I got an ebony sword with frost damage called Nightrazor, a steel sword with fire damage called Flamelash, a whole set of iron weapons called N00b Chopper, stabber, slasher, and crusher. I also have a Nordic shield called The Cock-Blocker.

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (993 posts) -

I know with all the hours I've played Skyrim not once have I ever used enchanting

#48 Posted by McLaren6 (1 posts) -

Ring of fortify destruction. Dumglow. Ring that fortifies one handed. The grand band of one hand. Necklace that fortifies health & two hand. Heart attack chain. Ring & necklace of fortify lock picking & pickpocket. Key ring & pick locket. Armor of vitality (health & stamina). Boots of wardwar (fire res & two hand). Helmet of archmage (bow dam & mag reg). Bowhammer gauntlets (pretty damn obvious). Not one of those was a weapon. F**k.

#49 Edited by Elder-Scroll-of-Nerd (1 posts) -

I remember back when i had my first set of ebony armor the guards would say "By Ysmir, ebony armor! Tis a wondrous sight..." so when I enchanted the set I named it after Ysmir

Helmet: Ysmir's Mind

Chest-plate: Ysmir's Soul

Gauntlets: Ysmir's Grip

Boots: Ysmir's Stomp

Shield: Ysmir's Guard

Sword: Ysmir's Blade

(Can't remember their enchantments)

#50 Posted by pokebrosonetwothreefour (1 posts) -

I call my dragonbone hammer feyn do klus

use this: http://www.thuum.org/translate.php

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.