Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

any news if Skyrim will have directx 11?

XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By XxRANGAxX

any thoughts?

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Cirdain
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By shiftymagician

It would be nice if they did, but last I checked there will be no DX11 support, just DX9 as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: Correction, there will be but absolutely nothing noteworthy compared to games that use DX11 more natively. I was not aware enough hehehe.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Enigma777

No, PC gaming is dead. LONG LIVE CONSOLES!

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cirdain

@Enigma777: That's quite a controversial statement there. We should have an argument.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enigma777

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777: That's quite a controversial statement there. We should have an argument.

How about we just skip to the end where I call you an idiot and you call me a moron and we decide to agree to disagree?

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cirdain

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

How about we just skip to the end where I call you an idiot and you call me a moron and we decide to agree to disagree?

Usually, I end heated and enraged arguments with a pause then I say "love you too" then I walk off. It works really well in RL.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Enigma777

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

Usually, I end heated and enraged arguments with a pause then I say "love you too" then I walk off. It works really well in RL.

So then are we going to meet 20 years later and run into each other's arms and have a passionate embrace?

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cirdain

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

So then are we going to meet 20 years later and run into each other's arms and have a passionate embrace?

No, you stare around slightly confused. Laugh a little at the realisation of what just happened and just carry on in RL as normal.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enigma777

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

No, you stare around slightly confused. Laugh a little at the realisation of what just happened and just carry on in RL as normal.

What, so I don't even get a kiss out of it? Man, screw that! I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you then. Good day, sir.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cirdain

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

What, so I don't even get a kiss out of it? Man, screw that! I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you then. Good day, sir.

Love you too! ^_^

*walks off*

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enigma777

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

Love you too! ^_^

*walks off*

I said good day!

XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By XxRANGAxX

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

Love you too! ^_^

*walks off*

I said good day!

Ahhh this made my day!

best PC console argument i have ever seen, btw im a pc man just got a new one but have all the consoles too, still pc is better :P

XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XxRANGAxX

@ShiftyMagician said:

It would be nice if they did, but last I checked there will be no DX11 support, just DX9 as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: Correction, there will be but absolutely nothing noteworthy compared to games that use DX11 more natively. I was not aware enough hehehe.

so wait that dose mean it runs 11? couldnt quite care if it improves looks or not it still looks amazing, it will just run nicer...

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cirdain
    @XxRANGAxX

@ShiftyMagician said:

so wait that dose mean it runs 11? couldnt quite care if it improves looks or not it still looks amazing, it will just run nicer...

@Cirdain

http://tinyurl.com/3ucugby

/thread

That link was meant to be the thread end-er...

On a side note: I have a pc that is worse than the Xbox 360 and I still know PC's are of a higher standing
    Gul_Pirak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Gul_Pirak

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

...If that's your attitude then why make the original comment at all? Surely you knew there would be a response.

But to be fair that was an awesome little exchange.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McShank

@Gul_Pirak: way to revive a 2month old thread for no reason.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Enigma777
    @Gul_Pirak said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Cirdain said:

...If that's your attitude then why make the original comment at all? Surely you knew there would be a response.

But to be fair that was an awesome little exchange.

Eh, I was bored. 
    Gul_Pirak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gul_Pirak

@McShank: It's a forum, I see no reason for any of it. It gets done anyway.

Gul_Pirak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gul_Pirak

@Enigma777: Works for me.

wambam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By wambam

"Controversy is a meal anyone may partake of and come away fed well" (Samuel Johnson)

JackS55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JackS55

I don't know about you all, but I'm using Direct11 on my Skyrim and am getting fantastic graphics on my PC.  Alienware comps have a tendency to be pretty good about their graphic cards for games.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By Dagbiker

way to revive a 3month old thread for no reason.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Sackmanjones
    Why? 
    Why? 
    benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By benspyda

Do you think the Elder Scrolls VI will have directX 13 support?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.