Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Anyone know if you can create scrolls?

Lord_Rahl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lord_Rahl

I have noticed an item like paper roll and I have seen it displayed in the arch-mages room (which is now my room :)) so I am only guessing it has something to do with the arcane arts and the only thing I can think of doing with it is making a scroll. So anyone know yet? Whether we can or not? Also, on another subject, anyone figure out any new combinations for the machine under the mage college? I haven't messed with it much to be honest... I'm afraid I might zap a big dragon in the room and get eaten. lol

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

No, you can't create scrolls.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @Axxol said:

No, you can't create scrolls.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TobbRobb

Slightly on topic, there really isn't a way to create spells anymore, is there? I'm pretty sure it's been removed, but my thick spellcrafting skull won't accept it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

@TobbRobb said:

Slightly on topic, there really isn't a way to create spells anymore, is there? I'm pretty sure it's been removed, but my thick spellcrafting skull won't accept it.

I'm waiting for the PC mod for this...you know there's one coming.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TobbRobb

@MB: Yeah there has to be, too many fans of the function to ignore.

Though personally I'm waiting for the new Midas Spells mod. The oblivion one was just way too awesome. There were so many insane spells in there I could give up crafting my own.

Also your post gave me 2 quests. :P

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @MB said:

@TobbRobb said:

I'm waiting for the PC mod for this...you know there's one coming.

Creating custom spells made mages waaaay overpowered. I'm glad they threw it out cause frankly, I'd never play a warrior or thief/rogue if you still had the option of creating a 100 damage spell. Although they also did a fair amount of balancing with warriors and rogues through perks. That stealth perk that gives you x15 stealth attack damage with daggers looks bad ass.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

@TheDudeOfGaming: I'll be totally fine with being overpowered eventually. I mean, I feel overpowered already as a lowly level 10 pure mage, but towards the end of the game I'd like to be able to wipe out an entire village in a ball of fire if I really wanted to.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Phoenix778m

Sort of off topic but zip don't want to litter the main board. How do you tell how much a spell is buffing defence like stoneflesh. I also have Mage Armor perk. I would like to see its stats?!?

Lord_Rahl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lord_Rahl

I am using ps3 so I'll tell you how using the ps3 controller, but if you are using anything else just push whatever button that brings up your skill, magic, item, and map. So using ps3 press O then left for your magic menu. (you will have to push left twice) scroll to alteration then press left again to bring up the alteration menu. Now just scroll through you spells and it will give a describtion of the spell, it's lvl, buffs, and how much magika it cost to use.

Marbazoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marbazoid

@Phoenix778m said:

Sort of off topic but zip don't want to litter the main board. How do you tell how much a spell is buffing defence like stoneflesh. I also have Mage Armor perk. I would like to see its stats?!?

You can see any active effects by accessing the "magic" section of the menu, which is on the opposite side to items. Its in its own category called "active effects" near the bottom. In there you can see any effect currently active. Things like stoneflesh also add a glowy effect to your character while they are active, so you can see if they have expired or not.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By FreakAche

If Notch can do it, then so can I.

Lord_Rahl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lord_Rahl

Ok, I found something of note. I found a Atronach Forge Recipe that states "Scroll - Storm Atronach" and when you read it, it displays void salts, charcoal, and paper roll. Now if that is not a recipe note to create a scroll then what is it? I haven't found out yet what to use it on though, but I do know its not the alchemy lab, arcane enchanter, or the middan machine below the college of winterhold.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Phoenix778m
    @Lord_Rahl There is an Antioch Forge under the college (basement area)
    Lord_Rahl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lord_Rahl

I know that. In my last post I just stated the machine below the college doesn't work with this recipe. I think it may be for something else.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Phoenix778m

Maybe one day in our quests well find it.

Lord_Rahl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lord_Rahl

Wow... seriously!? I just bought a house in whiterun for 5000 gold and it is a complete piece of shit. Anyone know if I can upgrade it somehow.. I mean I literally have a door upstairs with no wall, cobwebs everywhere, this thing is seriously a joke.

Lord_Rahl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lord_Rahl

Lol nevermind. I figured it out. Damn I was freaking out there for a second. lol

Avatar image for thatnerdbrendon
    ThatNerdBrendon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThatNerdBrendon

@lord_rahl: "Magic scrolls operate like one-use spells. Scrolls can be obtained randomly in dungeons or purchased from merchants. Certain spell scrolls can be created using the Atronach Forge found in The Midden beneath The College of Winterhold. Once a scroll is used, it is destroyed, just like a spell book." -elderscrollswiki

wenatorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wenatorz

There is now a mod as everyone say'd was coming. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33598/? . im gonna try it out soon. it seems cool

Avatar image for skyrimvmasterthingywithlotsand
    skyrimvmasterthingywithlotsand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes you can create scrolls at the atronach forge in the midden underneath the college of winterhold in skyrim v elder scrolls

Avatar image for skyrimvmasterthingywithlotsand
    skyrimvmasterthingywithlotsand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.