Are you Skyrim'd out?

• 89 results
#1 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (786 posts) -

I've invested well over 80 hours into Skyrim and have just now started the DLC. However I feel as though I am kind of forcing myself through it. Not saying the DLC is bad or anything. It has a rather compelling story to it and pretty good characters. Also the crossbow is a plus. It is just that maybe I'm just done playing Skyrim. Does anyone else feel that way?

#2 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

Nope. I put a shit ton of hours in, and I can't wait to hit the DLC.

#3 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Nope I'm maybe 40 hrs in and still going

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Probably not.

#5 Edited by Zacagawea (1613 posts) -

Put about 200 hundred hours into it and have finished Donguard.

Don't really want to ever touch a Bethesda game again.

#6 Posted by Waerjak (12 posts) -

I lost all of my 120 hours worth of saves for Skyrim a couple months ago, and ever since they announced the dawnguard dlc, I've been slowly trudging through the game again, but honestly it's getting rather hard to make myself care anymore.

#7 Posted by takayamasama (440 posts) -

Today is the first time touching it since December, I took some leave and put 200 hours in it the first 2 weeks, so I was pretty Skyrim'd out.

Hoping Dawnguard is pretty interesting, as it is what I am tackling now.

#8 Posted by wewantsthering (1593 posts) -

Nope. Just waiting for DLC on PC for me to jump back in.

#9 Posted by AlexW00d (6430 posts) -

Yep.

#10 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I want to get back to Skyrim but I've put off buying Dawnguard until after I play through the Witcher 2. So I'll probably be back in the Skyrim mindset soon enough!

#11 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

I played the original game for about 100 hours and I have no intentions of getting the expansion..for now.

#12 Posted by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

No, I feel like this DLC is the added boost/incentive I need to actually finish the story stuff. I have put tons of hours in that game but mostly doing all the side stuff/exploration with basically ignoring the main quests.

#13 Posted by Redbullet685 (6083 posts) -

I was done after 45 hours back in February.

#14 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Yeah and I haven't even started playing it.

#15 Posted by Veiasma (194 posts) -

I have around 170 hours invested. Mods really add to the replay-ability for me, so I'm not burned out on it yet. Hopefully I'll still be interested when Dawnguard comes to PC a month from now...

#16 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

Yep. Played 45 hours of it. No interest in Dawnguard whatsoever.

#17 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Nope. My machine is crapping out and I can't run it at native resolution without artifacting, and I have the stuttering issue that their engine is known for, but times ten because my computer is kinda crappy. Once I finish my new build I'm gunna hop back in with Dawnguard, and the game in general.

It's crazy to me when people say mods are the reason they played so much of the game. Very few of my mods are enhancing the way the game plays or adding new content, but I'm still rearing to go at 200 hours. Other than some new loot that is just new weapons that look cool (Like actually cool, not shitty anime swords) most of my mods were to fix the broken ass textures on certain things. *cough* dwarven shield *cough*

@Patman99 said:

No, I feel like this DLC is the added boost/incentive I need to actually finish the story stuff. I have put tons of hours in that game but mostly doing all the side stuff/exploration with basically ignoring the main quests.

That's something I should probably do too. I spent 200 hours, never got past the start of the Elder Scroll search in the main game.

#18 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -

Played like 50 total, then lost all interest because the story is not interesting and the most fun thing to do is do treasure runs.
Rest just doesn't convince me yet, its the same old Elder Scrolls, still boring after the first rush.

#19 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I played 30-some-odd hours of it. When I get another urge, I'll still have plenty of regular content to play through.

#20 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I've put in somewhere around 200 hours into the base game, and haven't gotten to far into Dawnguard. I still enjoy it, not as much as I used to, but it's still a great game. Can't wait for Fallout 4 though.

#21 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

Hell no. I can't wait for Dawnguard to hit PSN late next month. (26 june)

Just saying:

#22 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

I don't play DLC. I had my fill of skyrim.

#23 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

I was, but Dawnguard has me enjoying it again.

#24 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

I got Skyrimd out a couple weeks after it came out. The gameplay just isn't all that fun.

#25 Edited by NapTimeSleeper (323 posts) -

I put in around 100+ hours into the PS3 version and ended up selling it when I was finished. When I heard about Dawnguard I picked it up again for the 360 and have put about 50 hours into it so far. I just started Dawnguard last night.

#26 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

Not really, but I only have like 80 hours in it. It's a slow burn for me. It never had the hot romance factor that I had with Oblivion and burned myself out on.

#27 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Nope, recently started a new character and just bought Dawnguard.

#28 Posted by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -

106 Hours in, still not touched Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood or finished the main story. Just finished downloading the DLC, can't wait for it!

#29 Posted by c_rakestraw (854 posts) -

I thought I was, but then I played the game for almost four hours yesterday (lost my last character so I've got to work from scratch again).

Just waiting on Dawnguard now.

#30 Posted by DillonWerner (1520 posts) -

Not really, I'm really craving it now that Dawnguard is out but I also want to replay Morrowind pretty badly.

#31 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Yup. I've not even completed all the content it had but I didn't grip me the same way Morrowind and Oblivion did (or FO3, NV). I'll probably get DongGuard and check out some mods so that might help.

#32 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1133 posts) -

Yes, 100 hours. I feel like I've done everything possible, there are no new quests I can really invest some time into and nothing exciting to do. Quests are no longer easily available, those that I have are the misc. quests and they're short, but boring, and I've done pretty much every notable thing (master all of the shouts, kill all dragon priests, clear all the dwemer ruins etc.). It's a great game, but it doesn't last as long as Oblivion or Morrowind. And the replay-ability is pretty much none-existent, but I enjoyed what I got.

#33 Posted by Carlos1408 (1543 posts) -

I played around 80 to 90 hours of Skyrim combining all my different characters. I was pretty Rimmed out by the end of that, and was busy with coursework. Lately, however, I've gotten back into it and am really looking forward to picking up the DLC.

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (12146 posts) -

I was done like a week and a half after the game came out. 80 hours according to Steam.

#35 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

I've played 60 hours and I had to take a long break. At some point this summer, I'll probably put more time into it. Skyrim is an amazing game, but it really is a slow burn.

#36 Posted by Milkman (17308 posts) -

Bought and loaded up Dawnguard last night and I was immediately hooked all around again.

#37 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

I wouldnt mind getting skyrim'd once or twice.  I wouldnt complain.

#38 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I'm done with the base game, but I can't wait for the DLC to hit PC.

#39 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4878 posts) -

I was. roughly 300 hours (200 on first character, 100 on new character) invested in Skyrim, and I loaded up Dawnguard and, wow.

Worth every penny. I spent another 20 hours in Skyrim and don't regret a goddamn thing.

#40 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

mann, i'm a little over 100 in and still have barely touched the main quest. dawnguard is actually the last thing i need..

#41 Posted by Aleryn (705 posts) -

Yup. I've tried going back to it multiple times over the past few months and I just can't maintain interest in it. The one thing that would fix that is if I could somehow boost the encounter rate of enemies worldwide by at least 3 times. There is just not enough combat in that game for me.

#42 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1889 posts) -

I put 200+ hours into that game by January. It's going to be a while before I feel like visiting Dawnguard. Luckily, us PC players get to wait anyway.

#43 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

I got bored with the game after around 100 hours, then a couple months later got back into the game and put another 100 hours into it. There's something to be said of a game that makes me sink that much time into it, especially considering I haven't been able to stay interested in many games presently. I've actually gotten back into the game once again, partially, playing once or twice a week currently.

#44 Posted by Getz (3154 posts) -

I totally am. I'm so over-powered, burdened with about a 50 shouts and powers that I'll never use and they just keep piling them on me. I've got magical gismos and whooziwhatsits that I've completely forgotten the purpose of, magic bows, staves, maces and more... I just don't feel like there's anything more to see. The new DLC stuff is really well done, don't get me wrong, but playing through it just feels like going through the motions to see what happens at the end. I'm kinda hoping Auriel's bow is really cool cause that might make the journey worth it a little. The Vampire Lord business is cool and all, but totally useless compared to the kind of havok I can wreak with my existing skills.

#45 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (786 posts) -

@Getz said:

I totally am. I'm so over-powered, burdened with about a 50 shouts and powers that I'll never use and they just keep piling them on me. I've got magical gismos and whooziwhatsits that I've completely forgotten the purpose of, magic bows, staves, maces and more... I just don't feel like there's anything more to see. The new DLC stuff is really well done, don't get me wrong, but playing through it just feels like going through the motions to see what happens at the end. I'm kinda hoping Auriel's bow is really cool cause that might make the journey worth it a little. The Vampire Lord business is cool and all, but totally useless compared to the kind of havok I can wreak with my existing skills.

This.

#46 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

As of right now yes. Im in the middle of a Dragons Dogma playthrough and I don't think I could go back to skyrim and not be annoyed by the combat. With that said I put somethin like 130 hours and it was an enjoyable experience

#47 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

Wow! Some of you guys have low playtimes!

#48 Edited by PenguinDust (12626 posts) -

Hardly, but I have taken a break to play Kingdoms of Amalur (finally) and some other stuff. I plan to return to it after I get my PC upgraded after the summer.

#49 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

I grew tired of it within 10 hours. Don't have the time or energy for these slow moving RPG's anymore.

#50 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

The day I am Skyrim'd out is the day Elder Scrolls VI is released.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.