Beta test Skyrim's Dawnguard (Xbox 360 Edition)

#1 Edited by FritzDude (2262 posts) -

Final codes for the Dawnguard beta on Xbox 360 have been sent out. Be sure to check your email (and spam/junk folders) for an email from 'The Elder Scrolls'. If you were selected for the beta, you should also have access to the restricted forum located at forums.bethsoft.com

Hi guys. Bethesda has put up a beta program for the upcoming Xbox 360 DLC Dawnguard. Participate and you may be chosen next week for a chance to download and play it early. Follow the instructions in this link <Link removed/Beta over>

Want a chance to play Dawnguard early? Following the success of our PC beta updates, we're excited to announce our Dawnguard Beta for Xbox 360.

Visit beta.elderscrolls.com to apply. The process should only take a couple minutes, but make sure to fill out all the information accurately. Applicants need a registered account on our official forums and you'll want to make sure your forum email address is updated.

We will be selecting applicants in about a week. Players accepted into the beta will receive an Xbox LIVE code to redeem Dawnguard. The beta is the full version (complete with Xbox LIVE achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the content.

Thanks again for your continued support of Skyrim!

Source: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1377975-apply-to-be-in-the-dawnguard-360-beta/

Post scriptum: You need an active Bethesda forum account in conjunction with your E-mail address. If you are lucky enough to get in I sincerely ask you to report issues aswell. Thank you. But keep in mind that if accepted you will most likely need to confirm on the NDA (Non-disclosure agreement), which means no spoilers or talk about the content within this time period.

#2 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

Just applied now, here's to hoping I get it!

#3 Posted by DoubleKR (98 posts) -

I'll be applying before the day is done.

#4 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

You bet your ass I'm doing this right now, though I doubt I'll actually get in seeing as my soon-to-exist Bethesda account isn't going to have much to it.

#5 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

Just applied, hope I get in.

#6 Posted by JeanLuc (3578 posts) -

Odd that they say you need a account yet it never asks for one. I guess they just check for the same email address.

#7 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@JeanLuc said:

Odd that they say you need a account yet it never asks for one. I guess they just check for the same email address.

It says to use the same email address that you have connected to a forum account.

#8 Posted by Creamypies (4060 posts) -

How dare Bethesda test content before releasing it! What happened to the good old days?!

#9 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Do they not have an internal test team? This seems like a weird move, especially for DLC.

#10 Posted by brownsfantb (391 posts) -

I'll sign up for it but probably won't get it. I assume they'd give it to people who use their forums often and since I'm making an account right now, I don't fall into that group.

#11 Posted by Creamypies (4060 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

Do they not have an internal test team? This seems like a weird move, especially for DLC.

True, but as depicted in my last post, their internal test team don't have the most prolific record.

#12 Posted by TheHBK (5471 posts) -

I applied, I know I am gonna get in!

#13 Posted by Rakitox (6 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

Maybe it's a move for good publicity. You know, make the fans like them more. Not that they need it, of course.

#14 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

Worth a shot. Why not? Thanks for the heads up!

#15 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

They only sent out keys to half of a percent to all applicants and I wasn't one of them. Oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.