Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Black Reach, some areas unavailable?

Monkeyboy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Monkeyboy26

Hey Everyone,

I have recently completed the Black Reach quest regarding the collection of 30 Crimson Nirnroots. When I was exploring for said plant life I found two areas which I can't figure out how to enter. I honestly cannot remember the names of the places, but one is a "marketplace" and the other location also seems (regarding the name of the door way) like you can enter and there should be something in this area, at least hallways and ancient Dwemer stuff. However, when I enter the space there is literally a wall in the way. But you can also here some sort of action happening nearby or behind the wall. Whether its an NPC or enemy I'm not so sure.

Has anyone had the same experience? Or am I missing something? Another quest line perhaps?

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By B0nd07

Yes, I've experienced that. I discovered through a different quest that at least one of those is a false wall/secret staircase that you activate in a different dungeon.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bane

I remember the area with the dead end and the sounds coming from nearby. You can lower that wall from the other side. The entrance to that side is somewhere on the surface if I remember right.

Monkeyboy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Monkeyboy26

OK, cool. Do you happen to remember those quest line names?

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Bane

One of them is the quest you get from Mjoll the Lioness in Riften. During that quest you'll come across one of the staircases that are activated with an Attunement Sphere.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm
    @Bane said:

One of them is the quest you get from Mjoll the Lioness in Riften. During that quest you'll come across one of the staircases that are activated with an Attunement Sphere.

Isn't there only one quest you get from Mjoll The Lioness, in which you recover her sword, Grimsever?
    Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Napalm said:

@Bane said:

Isn't there only one quest you get from Mjoll The Lioness, in which you recover her sword, Grimsever?

There is, what he's referring to is that at the end of her quest dungeon, there is a altar where you can use the Attunement Sphere to activate Blackreach.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm
    @Oldirtybearon said:

@Napalm said:

@Bane said:

There is, what he's referring to is that at the end of her quest dungeon, there is a altar where you can use the Attunement Sphere to activate Blackreach.

We have to go back there!
    Monkeyboy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Monkeyboy26

Thanks everyone! I'm happy to, inadvertenly, start a new quest for someone hows enthusiastic about re-exploring a great environment!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.