Bought Skyrim; no PC game inside.

• 51 results
#1 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -
Well, shit.
#2 Posted by Flaboere (343 posts) -

On the possitive side, you got a PS3 game a lot cheaper than normal.

#3 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

How does that even happen. You gotta be kidding. There's no way.

#4 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -

@Flaboere said:

On the possitive side, you got a PS3 game a lot cheaper than normal.

Except in Canada, both PC and console versions of Skyrim are 59.99$.

#5 Posted by konig_kei (670 posts) -

Well if that's not a troll by you, you poor, poor bastard. Also, what's you mousepad??

#6 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Awesome deal.

#7 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

I'd love to think whatever store you bought this from swapped the discs just to fuck with you.

#8 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2168 posts) -

@konig_kei: looks like a screenshot from Kung Pow.

But yeah that is a pretty silly mistake on the behalf. Kind of reminds me of Patrick's accidental troll to Jeff and Ryan over Skyward Sword.

#9 Posted by Mijati (952 posts) -

You have the steam key so you can download it and you can play it on a PS3 if you have one. You win!

#10 Posted by JoeyRavn (4984 posts) -

You have the CD Key, which is what you need to register the game on Steam, and a copy for PS3. Win-win if you ask me.

#11 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Did you try registering the cd-key on Steam? It may work...

#12 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

@phrosnite said:

The game is STEAMWORKS, right? Just register the cd-key on Steam.

yeah, do that. Then send me the PS3 Skyrim. I'll give it a good home xP (Can't blame a guy for trying lol)

#13 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

You have the CD Key, which is what you need to register the game on Steam, and a copy for PS3. Win-win if you ask me.

But I'm in Canada. To download the 6gb or whatever would take aeons.

#14 Posted by konig_kei (670 posts) -

@Djratchet: you don't want the PS3 version. it's poison. I just stopped playing skyrim because the fps crap just got to me. I have no desire to even touch Skyrim now.

#15 Posted by Flaboere (343 posts) -

@stratzilla said:

@JoeyRavn said:

Cruel, ironic fate.

#16 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

@konig_kei: Eh, I've toyed around with it for about 5 hours, hadnt had any real problems, but I guess the real issues start around 50 hours in from what I hear. I'm hoping they get around to patching it up soon

#17 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

@RhombusOfTerror said:

But yeah that is a pretty silly mistake on the behalf. Kind of reminds me of Patrick's accidental troll to Jeff and Ryan over Skyward Sword.

I'm convinced it's Drunken Master, but I can't remember much of that film as it is...

#18 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -

@GetEveryone said:

@RhombusOfTerror said:

I'm convinced it's Drunken Master, but I can't remember much of that film as it is...

It's Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

#19 Edited by Dharmasaurus (9 posts) -

What in the world? Well, at least you have a CD-Key. Go back to the store or wherever you got it, then demand to get a PC copy if downloading takes too long.

#20 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -

@Dharmasaurus said:

What in the world? Well, at least you have a CD-Key. Go back to the store or wherever you got it, then demand to get a PC copy if downloading takes too long.

I considered doing this, but then I don't know what happens to my CD-key. I've activated it already, so if I return it, does Beth/Steam revoke that key?

#21 Edited by Dharmasaurus (9 posts) -

@stratzilla: If you have already activated the key, it's gonna stay with you as they can't know that you've taken it back.

#22 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

My boxed PC version of Skyrim came with one of the characters on the cd-key scratched off, I had to guess what it was.

#23 Posted by Dharmasaurus (9 posts) -

@Sooty: That sucks. At least my version of Skyrim got through with no problems.

#24 Posted by Xerxes8933A (227 posts) -

What ISP do you use that it takes forever to download 6gb? I use Shaw and that would take like 2-3 hours.

#25 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -

@Xerxes8933A said:

What ISP do you use that it takes forever to download 6gb? I use Shaw and that would take like 2-3 hours.

Cogeco. I get roughly 13Mb down on a good day.

#26 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1233 posts) -

That's 1.6 MB/s or so, yes? That's a couple of hours max.

#27 Posted by Xerxes8933A (227 posts) -

@stratzilla said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

My god, their top tier service is worse to Shaw's basic tier and double the price. If you're in Ontario you should think about switching. If you're in Quebec, well...

#28 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -

@Xerxes8933A said:

@stratzilla said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

My god, their top tier service is worse to Shaw's basic tier and double the price. If you're in Ontario you should think about switching. If you're in Quebec, well...

I live in Niagara region. Only Rogers, Bell, and Cogeco are available, although Cogeco has a monopoly with ISPs. Bell and Rogers are expensive as hell and are slower than Cogeco.

#29 Posted by Stahlbrand (840 posts) -

Where did you buy it?

#30 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -

@Stahlbrand said:

Where did you buy it?

Futureshop.

#31 Edited by Stahlbrand (840 posts) -

@stratzilla: Weird, I didn't think they opened and removed discs from cases like EB or GS.

So problem at the warehouse then? Or shitty employees stealing games badly?

#32 Posted by Xerxes8933A (227 posts) -

@stratzilla said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

@stratzilla said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

I live in Niagara region. Only Rogers, Bell, and Cogeco are available, although Cogeco has a monopoly with ISPs. Bell and Rogers are expensive as hell and are slower than Cogeco.

Ya know, I've never looked at those sites till now. Is Shaw the only decent ISP in Canada or something?

#33 Posted by Stahlbrand (840 posts) -

Rogers is OK speedwise but expensive. Internet up here is a ripoff. I have the "Extreme Plus" or whatever it is one step below their Ultimate package -- Euroduders would laugh or cry looking at my bill and bandwidth.

#34 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -

@Xerxes8933A said:

@stratzilla said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

@stratzilla said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

Ya know, I've never looked at those sites till now. Is Shaw the only decent ISP in Canada or something?

Get off your high-horse (don't mean to be rude). Shaw's "High-Speed" Internet option is 7.5Mbps with a 125GB cap for 42$/mo, whereas Cogeco's "Turbo 14 (the one I have)" option is 14Mbps with an 80GB cap for 43$/mo. Shaw's BEST option is 25Mbps and 52$/mo., where Cogeco's best comparable option is 30MBps at 59$/mo. They are roughly the same (except Shaw has better bandwidth caps).

#35 Posted by Xerxes8933A (227 posts) -

@stratzilla said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

@stratzilla said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

@stratzilla said:

@Xerxes8933A said:

Get off your high-horse (don't mean to be rude). Shaw's "High-Speed" Internet option is 7.5Mbps with a 125GB cap for 42$/mo, whereas Cogeco's "Turbo 14 (the one I have)" option is 14Mbps with an 80GB cap for 43$/mo. Shaw's BEST option is 25Mbps and 52$/mo., where Cogeco's best comparable option is 30MBps at 59$/mo. They are roughly the same (except Shaw has better bandwidth caps).

What? Shaw's Basic option is 50mbps with a 400GB cap for 60 a month. And Shaw's best option is 250mbps and NO cap for 120 a month. At least over here in Alberta.

#36 Posted by krazy_kyle (715 posts) -

Well, all I can say is, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Sorry, but I don't know if you can return it if you used the CD key, you can lie and say you didn't use it but i dont think beth or steam will revoke your key

#37 Posted by Tiz (61 posts) -

Or maybe just try to borrow the disc from someone for installation? They can't be tied to the key or anything. Getting the pc key and the ps3 game really is a better deal than just getting the pc game :)

#38 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

Use the CD key, try to sell the PS3 version.

#39 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Fuck, you got two copies of the game for the price of one. All you need for the PC version is the Steam activation key. I don't know why you're not satisfied.

Also your ISP is waaay faster than mine.

#40 Posted by Alexandruxx (228 posts) -

I call bullshit on that.

#41 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

@stratzilla: I would either, take it back and save time on downloading it, or download it and sell the PS3 version for money.

Option 2 would turn this situation into a financial gain, but would cost you your time. Option one lets you play your game faster, but no monetary gain.

#42 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

@stratzilla said:

@JoeyRavn said:

I live in Canada, and 6 gigs wouldn't take me more than an hour.

#43 Posted by Hemmelight (164 posts) -

I bought it on PS3 and after a few days the framerate really pissed me off, so I just bought it on Steam.

I'm in Central Ontario and with Rogers. My average download speed on Steam is something like 1.5mbps.

My cap is 60 gigs a month, though. Sucks.

#44 Posted by stratzilla (84 posts) -

@Alexandruxx:

You honestly think I'd buy two copies of the same game for some elaborate troll?

#45 Posted by Mijati (952 posts) -

"It'll take forever to download..." "...I have 13mbps" wtf that's more than fast enough to download it, I honestly don't see what the problem is.

#46 Posted by benpicko (2006 posts) -

@stratzilla said:

@JoeyRavn said:

I'm in Canada too. It took 20 minutes.

#47 Posted by Getz (3159 posts) -

I've opened up a copy of a game, sealed in plastic, that had no disc inside. Sometimes packaging just fucks up. The store should be able to get you the right copy.

#48 Edited by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

at 13Mbps a 6gig game should download in about an hour

#49 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

@stratzilla said:

@JoeyRavn said:

Oh come on, I live in Canada too and I'm on a 100mbps down/80mbps up connection. Where do you live? Nunavut?

#50 Edited by RollingZeppelin (2118 posts) -

It would take me about 4 hours, and I have a pretty damn slow connection, even for Canada. Just suck it up and download it, you pretty much got a free game.

@RsistncE said:

@stratzilla said:

@JoeyRavn said:

Oh come on, I live in Canada too and I'm on a 100mbps down/80mbps up connection. Where do you live? Nunavut?

WTF? Where do you live? What provider are you with? How much does that shit cost?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.