Can I Run this?

#1 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -

Ya it's another one of those threads but I have to ask. I'm planning on playing this on my laptop because I can max out the fallout games and run them really well. I just want to know if Skyrim will be anything crazier, I heard that it's only DirectX 9 so it shouldn't be anything too crazy, but you never know.

Here's some specs:

CPU: i5 460m

GPU: nvidia 435m

I just want to know if I could run this at a decent high setting, at least comparable to consoles, because I'll definitely go PC then and enjoy the mods. If I have to run it on low or medium then I'll most likely go with the console version. Oh, and please don't just link me to that can you run it site, that site is shit and always give me unreliable tests.

#2 Posted by The_Nubster (2488 posts) -

I don't think there's been any word on specs yet.

#3 Posted by DaemonBlack (354 posts) -

If you're maxing out fallout games you're laptop is going above and beyond what an xbox can do, so I think high should be no problem. Then again, no one will be able to say for sure until the system requirements are out.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

Ya it's another one of those threads but I have to ask. I'm planning on playing this on my laptop because I can max out the fallout games and run them really well. I just want to know if Skyrim will be anything crazier, I heard that it's only DirectX 9 so it shouldn't be anything too crazy, but you never know.

Here's some specs:

CPU: i5 460m

GPU: nvidia 435m

I just want to know if I could run this at a decent high setting, at least comparable to consoles, because I'll definitely go PC then and enjoy the mods. If I have to run it on low or medium then I'll most likely go with the console version. Oh, and please don't just link me to that can you run it site, that site is shit and always give me unreliable tests.

No one will know. They have not released specs.

#5 Posted by Afroman269 (7440 posts) -

@DaemonBlack: Fair enough, I didn't know they weren't released yet but even then, it's still hard figuring out how good my gpu is because it's a mobile version.

#6 Posted by Beaudacious (1053 posts) -

Yes if you hold it tight in your arms, you can run with the game.

#7 Posted by Enigma777 (6224 posts) -

@Beaudacious said:

Yes if you hold it tight in your arms, you can run with the game.

I love you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.