can't remove quiver of arrows from character?

#1 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

Has anyone run into this problem?

During the beginning of the game I equipped some arrows to try out the archery. I later de-quipped them, however I still have the quiver on my back that occasionally has 1 arrow in it and sometimes many.

I'm not planning on doing archery at the moment, so my OCD is kicking in and bugging me that the character still has it on his back.

#2 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Never had that problem. Try firing all the arrows or try sleeping.

#3 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Try dropping the arrows/bow.

#4 Edited by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

I tried dropping the arrows/bow and also waiting.

I have not tried sleeping though, maybe that'll do the trick.

#5 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Remove the character's outfit and change weapons a few times?

#6 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

I removed outfit a few times as well, accept the quiver was still on his back with no shirt on.

I realize this isn't game breaking or anything like that, just annoying sometimes.

#7 Posted by Swoxx (3006 posts) -

Haha, man that is annoying. I had an arrow stuck in my shoulder for like 5 hours, not until I got shot by a new arrow did they fade after a while.

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -

I'm having this problem too. I literally have no arrows in my inventory but my character has a quiver on his back with 1 single arrow.

#9 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

@Voxel: Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Still loving the game though, definitely a blast to play.

#10 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@Swoxx said:

Haha, man that is annoying. I had an arrow stuck in my shoulder for like 5 hours, not until I got shot by a new arrow did they fade after a while.

Happened to me, too. Except I had two arrows stuck to my not-hand: like two inches away from my left hand there were two arrows floating "stuck" in my hand, and they stayed there for a long-ass time.
#11 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

Remove the character's outfit and change weapons a few times?

Yeah this... This is all I know to recommend.

#12 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

@Kyreo: I did that quite a few times just now, and it finally took it off.

Thanks!

#13 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

i have spent 20 hours with an arrow protruding out of my left breast.. i have tried everything but it wont go away >.< even being shot full of other arrows. They disappear but mine wont :( makes my SS look crappy.

#14 Posted by Aas (604 posts) -

Unequipped. The word is unequipped. Sorry, it's a compulsion.

#15 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

Haha no worries. I know the word, (actually a teacher) just had a "weekend brain" moment.

#16 Posted by deskp (450 posts) -

Try turning into a werewolf and turning back.

#17 Posted by Intro (1211 posts) -

Same thing.

Drop arrows and then pick them back up. Worked for me at least.

#18 Posted by Noddess (1 posts) -

I have this problem currently. Bethesta still haven't fixed it :/

Ive done everything, slept, waited, reloaded, dropped all items, changed clothes but no such luck.

I also have ALL the expansions but no fixes in them either :(

#19 Posted by Intro (1211 posts) -

Have you guys tried the auto equip/unequip arrow mod? I think it's on the workshop, ever since I've used it I haven't had any problems that I can remember.

#20 Posted by Record19 (1 posts) -

Try buying the type of arrow in the quiver on your back, equip it, then unequip it. It should disappear then!

#21 Posted by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

I believe there was a mod for this.

#22 Posted by EuanDewar (5094 posts) -

robin quivers

#23 Edited by Slaegar (737 posts) -

Necro yay! You should be able to get rid of it by using the sexchange command twice.

#24 Posted by Akilleks (1 posts) -

Hey guys, i've only registered to help you, i searched how to fix the same bug and came here. But i found a solution, it's easy, you only have to conjure a bow (name of skill: Bound Bow). At least it was enough to me, good luck, bye.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.