Character creation video

#1 Edited by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -
#2 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

Yes, they actually have claws! I hated how both Khajiit in Oblivion had human fingers. Argonians better have some sort of claws or something as well.

#3 Posted by Spoonman671 (4773 posts) -

Can't you embed Gametrailers stuff on Giant Bomb?

Yep, you can.
#4 Edited by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

@Spoonman671

well, it doesn't matter. It still sends you to GT since it can't be played.

#5 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

Great soundtrack!

#6 Posted by Trylks (829 posts) -

If I added a cats race in a game like this (including character customization) they would look like Felicia (Darkstalkers), Catwoman (Batman) or Aisha Clanclan (Outlaw Star), to put some examples, in general something like this: http://goo.gl/szbSx Or, at most, as the furries in DC. Link

I'd like to know your opinion about this design decision. To me that would be better, but maybe I'm the only one.

@FritzDude said:

Great soundtrack!

Song name completely needed!

#7 Posted by Tea_bird (22 posts) -

Very cool video, though they made a pretty unattractive Kajiit. I couldn't stop laughing after I imagined that music actually being used in the character creation screen.

#8 Posted by Irvandus (2886 posts) -

Darn for a second I thought the sex meter would be a full slider Demons Souls style.

#9 Posted by dantey (259 posts) -

At the start, the character is in some sort of shackles. So, we will again start the story as a prisoner?

#10 Posted by Adamsons (873 posts) -

@dantey said:

At the start, the character is in some sort of shackles. So, we will again start the story as a prisoner?

Kind of - IIRC you are heading to your execution.

#11 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4988 posts) -

@Adamsons said:

@dantey said:

What a tweest!!!

#12 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I now have a strong urge to go out and buy Garnier Fructis Color Shield shampoo.

#13 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Adamsons said:

@dantey said:

For what crime? 4 never did say why you were in jail to begin with.
#14 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Adamsons said:

@dantey said:

Neither did Morrowind. I'm going to assume we'll never know in Skyrim as well.

#15 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Adamsons said:

@dantey said:

Apparently the place of your execution gets attacked by a dragon right before you're about to die, then you get off scot-free. At least that's what I read. I don't believe they ever say what you are in for.

#16 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse said:

@kingzetta said:

@Adamsons said:

@dantey said:

Neither did Morrowind. I'm going to assume we'll never know in Skyrim as well.

wow they need to come up with a new way to start these games.
#17 Edited by Adamsons (873 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Adamsons said:

@dantey said:

I kind of doubt it will ever say, just due to whatever RPing implications it may have.

The TES games have got a history of this though, I'm pretty sure I remember them saying that they do it to make the character a blank slate. New beginnings and all.

Edit - Do you ever find out where the boat in Morrowind came from, or is it just stranger from a distant land.

#18 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3086 posts) -

A gender slider! What is this, Demon's Souls?  

Seems silly when it only goes between one end or the other.
#19 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@ShadowConqueror said:
A gender slider! What is this, Demon's Souls?    Seems silly when it only goes between one end or the other.
watch the quicklook honky
#20 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1334 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

A gender slider! What is this, Demon's Souls? Seems silly when it only goes between one end or the other.

I bet it goes through from super muscular man to anime girl with large breasts, so sometimes you are going to want something in between and that slider will be more of an overall way to easily change the 'basic' shape of yo dude, while keeping the actual settings you may have set as far as skin color and general face characteristics.

...or it snaps from one side to the other lol.

#21 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3086 posts) -
@kingzetta said:
@ShadowConqueror said:
A gender slider! What is this, Demon's Souls?    Seems silly when it only goes between one end or the other.
watch the quicklook honky

I meant in Skyrim it only goes between two spots, I know what it does in Demon's Souls. 

And it's creepy as hell.
#22 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@DJJoeJoe said:

@ShadowConqueror said:

A gender slider! What is this, Demon's Souls? Seems silly when it only goes between one end or the other.

I bet it goes through from super muscular man to anime girl with large breasts, so sometimes you are going to want something in between and that slider will be more of an overall way to easily change the 'basic' shape of yo dude, while keeping the actual settings you may have set as far as skin color and general face characteristics.

...or it snaps from one side to the other lol.

again watch the demon's soul quicklook and you'll see.
#23 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Adamsons: You never know where you came from. Like you said, allows you to start from a blank slate.

#24 Posted by dantey (259 posts) -

Well I get it why they do it like that. It is a great way to give a character a new start. I guess it beats the alternative: amnesia. But I think Fallout 3 handled that very well. Why cannot he be a slave? Close to prisoner sure, but at least it is a bit different.

#25 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

how about your just an adventurer going out to do some more adventuring?
no need to go to jail for that

#26 Posted by mano521 (1232 posts) -

some one really needs to find the name of that song.

also i never really cared what i got in trouble for in previous elder scrolls games. i knew that i would probably commit far worse atrocities in my actual playtime than what my character did beforehand

#27 Posted by Irvandus (2886 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: I think one of the Devs said in an interview podcast with Gameinformer that they never explain because they see it as a way to get people to start filling in their characters background without realizing they're doing it. The only other thing interesting in that from what I remember is that I think they said no werewolves at the moment. (Podcast was right after E3 so take that with a grain of salt.)

#28 Posted by SamFo (1562 posts) -

That music was the best part.

#29 Edited by Trylks (829 posts) -

Song name completely needed!

Besides, I guess people don't like the idea of more humanoid cats...

@Trylks said:

If I added a cats race in a game like this (including character customization) they would look like Felicia (Darkstalkers), Catwoman (Batman) or Aisha Clanclan (Outlaw Star), to put some examples, in general something like this: http://goo.gl/szbSx Or, at most, as the furries in DC. Link

I'd like to know your opinion about this design decision. To me that would be better, but maybe I'm the only one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.