Creation Kit out Tuesday!

#1 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

The creation kit is set to release on Tuesday, Feb 7th. Along with the CK Bethesda said there'll also be a surprise, my guess an official High Res Texture Pack.

#2 Posted by Grimluck343 (1160 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

Bethesda said there'll also be a surprise, my guess an official High Res Texture Pack.

Would be real surprised to see them release that.

#3 Edited by Marz (5671 posts) -
#4 Posted by Harpell (183 posts) -

By the Nine, I wish I had the money for a PC to play this on. Alas, I am consigned to the console version...

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (15134 posts) -

@Harpell said:

By the Nine, I wish I had the money for a PC to play this on. Alas, I am consigned to the console version...

You mean by the EIGHT riiiight? Right? *points dagger at throat*

#6 Posted by Harpell (183 posts) -

Uh, yeah, sure. The, uh, Eight. Yep. Eight is what I said.

grumblegrumbledamnelvesgrumble

#7 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

Ugh. At this point I'm not exactly playing the game anymore...

#8 Posted by PenguinDust (12626 posts) -

Finally, maybe someone will build a mod that frees up the camera. I miss not being able to move the 3rd person view camera around while moving or in a combat stance.

#9 Posted by AlexW00d (6433 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

The creation kit is set to release on Tuesday, Feb 7th. Along with the CK Bethesda said there'll also be a surprise, my guess an official High Res Texture Pack.

If that's true I will be the happiest man alive. Fuck Skyrim's muddy ass low res bullshit textures.

#10 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@SmasheControllers said:

If that's true I will be the happiest man alive. Fuck Skyrim's muddy ass low res bullshit textures.

http://i.imgur.com/9RKcH.png

#11 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

Awesome! More mods are always welcome

#12 Posted by zudthespud (3284 posts) -

Horse armour needs to happen. The nerd rage would be too sweet.

#13 Edited by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@Swoxx: I know, I'm tried of seeing Nude and Titty mods on the front page on Nexus.

#14 Posted by dagas (2928 posts) -

I'm hoping for a lot of great mods. It's always better when people have an official tool to do stuff.

#15 Posted by AlisterCat (5720 posts) -

@SmasheControllers: They are still in the minority. I hate the reputation of the modding community. I'm not a modder myself, but the work modders do is so much more than nude mods. Some really great, useful stuff out there.

#16 Edited by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Absolutely but the unfortunate truth is those are always the one's that end up on the top because of 12 year olds voting them to the top. With that said, even without the CK out, there is already a ton of amazing mods for Skyrim.

#17 Posted by Beforet (2932 posts) -

My birthday! =D

#18 Posted by david3cm (636 posts) -

I'm excited for the steam workshop support, makes installing mods way easier. I haven't tried any modding before, but I'll try to tool around with the CK a bit.

#19 Edited by AlisterCat (5720 posts) -

@david3cm: Well the process for installing mods currently, and always had been for these games, is dumping files in a folder. Updating mods is easier though.

#20 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

@SmasheControllers: They are still in the minority. I hate the reputation of the modding community. I'm not a modder myself, but the work modders do is so much more than nude mods. Some really great, useful stuff out there.

This is exactly what I was going to respond, thanks!

#21 Posted by david3cm (636 posts) -

@AlisterCat: All that clicking and dragging though, ugh. It wasn't hard by any stretch of the imagination, but it has been streamlined considerably with being able to click a button to import from the CK straight to steam workshop and then download straight from there, can't wait to see what people come up with!

#22 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

Skyrim is about to become the greatest game of all time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.