Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Crucial companion doesn't follow me. What do?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShockD

Okay, I'm playing the Dawnguard DLC with the vampire path and I'm at this quest called "Unseen visions". Basically I have to find a Moth Priest's knife, collect some butterflies and then talk to Serana to continue the quest. The problem comes from Serana that is somehow glitched and refuses to follow me whatever I do. On top of that, when I take the Moth Priest's knife the chamber in which I'm in and Serana is supposed to walk in gets auto-locked by an unpickable door. So Serana is stuck at the other side and I can't interact with her. I tried killing her and reloading last save, fast travelling and so on... Nothing helps, she justs stands at the beginning of the dungeon and refuses to follow me even if I try to give her a Fusrodah boost. On the other hand, when I select the "We must part ways" option, she refuses to abandon me and continues to stand in one place. Earlier autosaves are a bit overwritten by my tries to debug her.

Any ideas on hwo to fix this? Any script that would unstuck her or whatever?

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rincewind

Try standing next to her and pressing ` <- button next to 1 to bring up the console. Click on her and you'll get her editor ID along the bottom. Type Kill and close console. She might or might not die. Now bring the console up again and she should still be selected and type Resurrect .

Failing that you can try unlocking the unlockable door by clicking on the door and typing Unlock however this might not work if a number of things have to happen for the door to open.

Another option is to disable ALL mod's you are running so the only things that the data manager should have ticks next to are skyrim, the update, dawnguard and the hd pack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.