Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Curious - Horrific / Sad / Heart-wrenching ?

wambam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wambam

Just curious - I see that Bethesda has done a terrific job in including great bizarre, spectacular, funny, cool moments or experiences in the game. But - and this might be a very short-lived post - has Bethesda put in what one would consider really horrific sights, or unexpectedly death-threatening or sad or even heart-wrenching scenes?. For example. although they weren't at all death-threatening, I remember being really touched when, in Fallout 3, I came upon the skeletons of a couple in bed, their arms around each other, and the skeleton of a littl child in the nearby bed. Another was the skeleton of someone who had hanged himself.

So, has anyone come upon such scenes as in the above list?

Avatar image for halfpastwhenever
    halfpastwhenever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By halfpastwhenever

The House of Horrors quest in Marketh was pretty freaky, that's my standout horror moment so far.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By RIDEBIRD

I love that stuff in Fallout too. Not that much of it here, but there is some of course. In dungeons and such. Mostly very disturbing stuff.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By matthias2437

There are for sure some fairly creepy moments. But not really any sad/heart wrenching moments. Most of the moments that pulled any emotion out of me were the moments were I was just like OH SHIT THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME!.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SeriouslyNow

There's a cool quest when a Daedric Prince/Goddess gets your to clear out her place of worship.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DystopiaX

I found a giant mourning a dead mammoth, mammorth was dead in the swamp and a giant was there, unarmed, crouching over it. I approached him and he just looked at me with sad eyes and didn't attack, even when I got into a range that a normal giant would have. I didn't want to kill him so I just left, and as I went he stared at me and then went back to staring at the dead mammoth.

Marnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Marnox

I found a girl who had committed suicide in a cave.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By artelinarose

I installed the mod to make children killable last night. First one I found to test it on was the Jarl of Whiterun's little asshole kid. He was upstairs in one of the little rafter things that overlooks the main hall. I shot him in the throat with a steel arrow from my enchanted, damage over time ebony bow. It wasn't enough to outright kill him on Expert so he fell over, arrow sticking through his throat, clutching at the ground as he slowly tried to pull himself to safety before just falling over helplessly, bleeding to death. I felt horrible, and I HATE kids.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JasonR86

I avenged the death of a little girl by a vampire. I chopped off the vampire's head and told the ghost of the girl that she had been avenged. That was kind of sad.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By SerHulse

I was genuinely disturbed by the first proper quest (the one in the Abandoned Shack) and the last moment (the part with Astrid) of the Dark Brotherhood quest line.

Oh and the Molag Bal quest (with the rusty mace) and Namira's quest (with the eating and the priest, ugh).

wambam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wambam

@Artemesia said:

I installed the mod to make children killable last night. First one I found to test it on was the Jarl of Whiterun's little asshole kid. He was upstairs in one of the little rafter things that overlooks the main hall. I shot him in the throat with a steel arrow from my enchanted, damage over time ebony bow. It wasn't enough to outright kill him on Expert so he fell over, arrow sticking through his throat, clutching at the ground as he slowly tried to pull himself to safety before just falling over helplessly, bleeding to death. I felt horrible, and I HATE kids.

Dude. . . THAT was COLD :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I only had one really heart wrenching moment.

Companions Spoilers:

When Kodlak the "leader" of the companions is murdered before he could be cured, of course you get to clear him later but still at the time it was really sad.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rattle618

There`s a werewolf that tears a little girl apart, and you get the quest from her parents while they are burying her at the cemetery. 

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Adamsons

Pretty sure theres a quest where you find a ghost child and have to figure out how she died.

I felt pretty bad destroying that guys priceless dwemer vase for the thieves guild though.

A whole bunch of the Daedric princes have you kill their loyal followers too.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Rhaknar

Skyrim is by far the most fucked up game ive ever played. Jeez how many demonic godlike entities do you run across / serve in it? its also the only game ive ever played as outright evil... how can you not, those daedric quests + dark bros and thieves guild are awesome :(

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BraveToaster

Having to tell a child that his father is dead was pretty sad.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By McGhee

When you walk into Solitude and the guy is executed. I reloaded and tried to stop it, but you couldn't and it pissed me off.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lighthouse just south of the mid-northern coast of the map that has a family of four's journals scattered among it. They all start out nice and innocent, and peaceful family trying to get by, husband happy to finally afford the lighthouse for his wife, kids annoyed they had to move and adjust life, and as you read further into each person's journal it starts getting bad. Then you explore around the lighthouse you learn why. I felt that place was very sad and didn't like being in there.

MsAtheism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MsAtheism

@takayamasama:

Agreed.. that was a really sad quest. I certainly enjoyed enacting their revenge even if they were dead and didn't know it. :(

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Ravenlight

@Adamsons said:

Pretty sure theres a quest where you find a ghost child and have to figure out how she died. I felt pretty bad destroying that guys priceless dwemer vase for the thieves guild though. A whole bunch of the Daedric princes have you kill their loyal followers too.

Dude, there are hundreds of those vases scattered around the various dwemer ruins. Just get him a new one ;)

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Addfwyn

@Artemesia: Which kid was that? Because you may not have wanted to do that...just saying.

Anyway, nothing strikes out at me, some of the daedric quests made me a bit squeamish, and I'm even playing as a thief/assassin type. I felt legitimately bad for just about everyone involved in the House of Horrors quest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.