Daedric and Ebony mace damage

#1 Posted by Morien (161 posts) -

They're both the same. What's up with that? Daedric armor/weapons are harder to make, are supposed to be better, and yet the mace isn't. Anyone know why? I've heard that maybe Daedric ignores some kind of defense but thought I'd ask this community to see if I can get some kind of explanation other than "it looks better than ebony". I think the axe is the same way? What gives?

#2 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

It's kinda like how the Orcish weapons aren't as good as the Dwarven ones, I guess. At least in my experience with the warhammers. It's just the way it is?

#3 Posted by Doctorchimp (4056 posts) -

Are you completely upgraded with your one-handed stuff?

The higher your skill the more prominent the attack difference.

Also I think Daedric can hold more enchantment stuff than Ebony.

#4 Edited by Morien (161 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: Just looking at the base stats they're the same so I'm not sure it matters what stats you have since they'll increase at the same rate anyway. I just tested both the daedric and ebony mace with enchanting, even though my enchanting is only level 41 right now, I was only able to put the same amount of charges on both maces, so they're the same in that regard as well. Just to add though I'm not 100 in one-hand but about 71 or something. Both weapons show the same damage for me, after bonuses about 156. Also I'm 100 in smithing, using smith enhancing equipment to upgrade and both items turn out the same.

@rjayb89: Yeah I think I remember something weird like that earlier, since I was using a glass instead of the orc or dwarven maces. I don't know, it's just all messed up!

#5 Posted by Doctorchimp (4056 posts) -

@Morien said:

@Doctorchimp: Just looking at the base stats they're the same so I'm not sure it matters what stats you have since they'll increase at the same rate anyway. I just tested both the daedric and ebony mace with enchanting, even though my enchanting is only level 41 right now, I was only able to put the same amount of charges on both maces, so they're the same in that regard as well.

@rjayb89: Yeah I think I remember something weird like that earlier, since I was using a glass instead of the orc or dwarven maces. I don't know, it's just all messed up!

You didn't listen to me. What's your 1 handed weapon skill at?

And yes, 41 Enchantment..with probably no perks won't max out the charges.

#6 Posted by Example1013 (4807 posts) -

Is the difference in weight?

#7 Posted by Morien (161 posts) -

Guess I should have included this in my original post but the base stats for both weapons are as follows:

Ebony Mace - 19 weight, 1000 value, 16 damage

Daedric Mace - 20 weight, 1750 value, 16 damage

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.