Damn windows updater....

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (15034 posts) -

So I'm in a cave... murdering vampires on a quest. I'm thinking ok... this is pretty cool. Get to the final boss vampire and then skyrim crashes to desktop. I think to myself... "Well, this hasn't happened since that 4GB patch..." then my PC shuts down by itself. I was kind of freaked out until I saw windows saying it was applying a update.

-__________-

So apparently, windows was kind enough to download a update and boot me out of skyrim and then restart my computer all on its own. Ugh.

#2 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2037 posts) -

It's that time again...

Yeah I almost had the same thing happen to me when I was in the middle of some important work but then I caught on in time to postpone it for a few hours. Actually, maybe I should go ahead and update now so I avoid a situation like yours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.