Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Dawnguard (DLC) Question

RivenD3ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RivenD3ll

With Dawnguard coming out exclusively to the 360 next week (26th) or so I'm told, it's time to dust off the ol' 360. But, I have a question in regards to buying it. Do I have to have gold membership to purchase it, if I already have the points to buy it? Or can I roll with Silver and still get it? I don't feel like dishing out another 60$ to those greedy fuckers, so I don't wanna go waste 20$ on points for no reason. Thanks alawt!

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Tolman

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you need a gold to access the marketplace. Not 100% on that though.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

Gold and Silver

Xbox Live offers two different versions of their service, Gold and Silver.

Gold

Xbox Live Gold costs $60 a year and allows you to use all of the features of the service. Gold members can usually play demos and enter betas a few days earlier than Silver members. New Xboxes come with a 1-month free trial of Gold, and many games also come with shorter free trials.

Silver

Xbox Live Silver is free for any Xbox 360 owner. You are allowed to purchase any content available for download, be it demos, movies, game add-ons, XBLA games, etc. The defining characteristic of Xbox Live Silver is that you cannot play multiplayer games on the network. Silver members must wait a week before they can download a demo, whether it's for Xbox Live Arcade, Indie Games or regular Xbox 360 games, this is something that started in late 2008. Additional features such as Last.fm, Netflix, etc. which were added in 2009 cannot be accessed by Silver members either, even if they have a paying subscription to them.

Source: Xbox Live

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Moonshadow101

Of course you don't need gold. Gold is for online play and a handful of fancy things that Microsoft considers "premium." DLC is absolutely not in that batch of things.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By FreakAche

@RivenD3ll: You don't need Gold. That would be like a big box store charging admission fees.

RivenD3ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RivenD3ll

Alright, killer. Thanks for the feedback guys

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

@The_Tolman said:

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you need a gold to access the marketplace. Not 100% on that though.

You do not need Gold to access the Marketplace. You only need XBL Gold to play multiplayer games and join parties; gold members also get some things such as demos offered to them early as well as exclusive access to many sales. There are some other perks to being a Gold member.

As for getting "early access", they usually announce beforehand if that will be in effect and I don't think Dawnguard will have that.

So, OP, Dawnguard will be available to all 360 players on the 26th, as long as you're connected to the internet and have enough money to pay for it.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Microsoft isn't that evil.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Phatmac

You know your online service is messed up when people have to ask questions like this. Jesus.

muktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By muktor

does anyone know when its coming out for PS3? here it says 30 days after xbox360, but found no other confirmation

muktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By muktor

@muktor said:

does anyone know when its coming out for PS3? here it says 30 days after xbox360, but found no other confirmation

does noone know?

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By moffattron9000

@muktor said:

September is the current guess. As for a concrete date no one knows.

muktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By muktor

@moffattron9000: @moffattron9000 said:

@muktor said:

September is the current guess. As for a concrete date no one knows.

really september? are you sure its so late? why?

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Moonshadow101

You could read the article in the link. Nobody is "sure," September is just an unsourced guess that someone made on some message board somewhere that and got some people riled up. The only thing we actually know is that the 360 has a 30 day exclusivity deal, so it could come out for PC and PS3 starting on the 26th of this month. But Bethesda hasn't said anything about when exactly it's coming, which makes people suspicious. If it was coming out in two weeks, you'd think they'd say something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.