Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Dawnguard if already a vampire

poperamone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By poperamone

Hey I was wondering if anyone was already a vampire when starting dawnguard does this change the gameplay at all? Ive got to wait till the PC release to find out :(

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By jacksukeru

In the Quicklook Brad was already a Werewolf and the Vampire lord guy said that he "can smell it on you" and that his blood would "purge that filth and make you whole again". My guess is that the only thing that changes if you are already a vampire, is that you will say that you are already a vampire instead of saying that you are already a werewolf.

Edit: Basically the vampires in the DLC are of a "higher" kind and will not treat you any better than if you were a human or anything else.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, vampire stuff has been changed around. I'm sure the Elder Scrolls wiki lists 'em. For an example, people don't automatically attack you at level 4 vampirism

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says

Vampire lord is more powerful than a standard vampire.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gamefreak9

@Vinny_Says said:

Well I dno about that since vamp gets extra stats on your existing stats, so if your base character is really strong, it should make you even stronger.

Also half the stuff in the quick look seemed like they come from normal vamps. Like the sunlight burn and the fire weakeness, and the hunger from travling(implying time skip). I wonder if being a lord has ANY drawbacks when your in human form.

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By deadmoscow

@gamefreak9 said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Well I dno about that since vamp gets extra stats on your existing stats, so if your base character is really strong, it should make you even stronger.

Also half the stuff in the quick look seemed like they come from normal vamps. Like the sunlight burn and the fire weakeness, and the hunger from travling(implying time skip). I wonder if being a lord has ANY drawbacks when your in human form.

You still have all of the normal vampire weaknesses as a vampire lord. The only difference is the ability to transform into the actual vampire lord form, with all of its new powers. Sunlight, feeding, and fire weakness are all still issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.