Dawnguard is out on pc NOW!!!

#1 Edited by omergd1 (114 posts) -
#2 Edited by Strife777 (1581 posts) -

You just made me run to my computer. (I'm on my iPod). This better be true motherfucker!

Edit: Downloading now! Thank you sir.

#3 Posted by TheHBK (5485 posts) -

Trueness. They also said PS3 version not ready. Sony better remember not to fuck up the RAM on the PS4.

#4 Edited by onarum (2090 posts) -

goddamn I'd better start playing skyrim already, got it on steam on the summer sale and haven't touched it yet.

#5 Posted by Zithe (1045 posts) -

Nice. I think I'll wait until it goes on sale though. It will probably take some time for everyone to update the mods to support it anyway.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@omergd1: Your name is fitting of the situation, as that's what I mentally screamed when I read the thread title ;)

#7 Edited by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

Could someone give me a quick rundown on what is in this besides the vampire questline? I just started playing the game a couple of days ago.

Edit: Nevermind, the Steam description was helpful enough.

#8 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

Yay! Time to buy it for a second time!

#9 Posted by believer258 (11914 posts) -

Can't say this didn't sneak up on me.

#10 Posted by Lagaroth (171 posts) -

Who needs announcements!

#11 Posted by Linkster7 (1026 posts) -

WHAT!? I KNEW IT!

I knew it would just suddenly drop I mean.

But guess I wont sleep tonight then, YAY!

#12 Posted by Encephalon (1262 posts) -

Shit. There goes my life again.

#13 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

I'm ready to guard my dong!

#14 Posted by Maystack (906 posts) -

Oh shit yes! Getting on that immediately.

#15 Posted by Beforet (2922 posts) -

And here I thought I would have to play those games in my backlog. Glad I don't have to do that shit!

#16 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

Wow, £14! Is this worth it?

#17 Posted by Marbozir (3 posts) -

Great, region blocked just like Skyrim, except in this case the DLC won't be available in physical distribution so people from Eastern Europe like me seem to be completely screwed (and I actually made a short vid about the issue since I've been posting some Skyrim vids on YT).

#18 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

20 bucks.... that's kind of steep... is it as big as shivering isles content wise?

#19 Posted by T74123C (5 posts) -

@Marz said:

20 bucks.... that's kind of steep... is it as big as shivering isles content wise?

I've read that the campaign is 10-20 hours (with a few side quests). I imagine an individual's mileage will vary.

#20 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (672 posts) -

I turn on steam and see Dawnguard is out...what??? I didn't see ONE game site say this was coming out so soon...talk about stealth!

#21 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11031 posts) -

@BlueLantern1995 said:

All we need now is for it to go on PS3

Assuming it doesn't cause any sort of horrible problems. That lag got real bad before they fixed it. I know I don't want to plop twenty bones on something that could break (or re-break) the game.

#22 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

OK, don't want to be one of those people and someone might have already mentioned this but there IS a Quakecon sale on right now. So could this DLC be on Sale before this Quakecon thing is over? Cause I would really hate to buy it for $20 today and it be even $15 by Saturday. It's great DLC, but $20 is halfway to buying Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition that comes out in like 2 weeks.

#23 Posted by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

$20 is a bit steep for me considering what's being added. Maybe I'll pick it up and get back into skyrim if it goes on sale sometime in the future.

#24 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@TheHBK said:

Trueness. They also said PS3 version not ready. Sony better remember not to fuck up the RAM on the PS4.

At this point most problems in PS3 development have been addressed or at least found a way to deal with them. This whole thing has to do with MS having very deep pockets.

#25 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11746 posts) -

Sorry, already been conditioned to not buy anything on Steam for full price. It's their fault, really.

#26 Posted by Brake (1099 posts) -

Holy fucking shit! I thought that they'd announce something like "Yeah, it's gonna be out in a month" instead of right the eff now! Bought!

#27 Posted by Seedofpower (3930 posts) -

I'll wait for when all the DLC is out and on sale.

#28 Posted by august (3846 posts) -

@mordukai said:

@TheHBK said:

At this point most problems in PS3 development have been addressed or at least found a way to deal with them. This whole thing has to do with MS having very deep pockets.

Don't forget the chemtrails.

#29 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

For some reason I'm not excited :(

#30 Posted by Bakumatsu (355 posts) -

Here is 20€ which in dollars is 24.35$. Almost 25 bucks. No thank you. I'll wait for a steam sale.

#31 Posted by Xymox (2088 posts) -

Well, there goes the S-Rank. While back I was all like "I'm gonna wait until it's 75% off" and thought it was a poor descition on their part to release this after the summer sale instead of during or prior to, and on top of that release it at full price even after the xbox exclusive and wait that's caused PC and PS3 players. I disagree with how they've been handling exclusivity even after how well it was recieved on PC and Steam, but I also really want to just get it. Like right now. I really should wait though.

#32 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

Anyone else on here having serious crashing issues? I've looked around it seems to be happening to a decent amount of people. My game is unplayable at the moment, every time I go into a certain room it crashes. It might be a mod conflict issue but I've read people who have disabled all of their mods are still getting crashes. Looks like Bethesda needed to hold back this version too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.