Dawnguard trailer is up - potentially timed 360 exclusive

#1 Posted by Vitor (2809 posts) -
#2 Posted by Chris2KLee (2328 posts) -

Did they not announce already 360 get's the DLC first? Hope this doesn't effect the Steam version, want this expansion bad!

#3 Posted by AlisterCat (5469 posts) -

That looks great. Seems like they're using even more of that mod stuff they made during their internal game jam.

#4 Posted by spree4567 (138 posts) -

They did previously. 360 gets a month exclusivity.

#5 Posted by fetchfox (1214 posts) -

Just what I wanted! I've been longing for a vampire character, and this looks perfect! Some time till though... (PC here).

#6 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

That shit cray.

#7 Posted by Gnubberen (754 posts) -

Youtubed!

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@spree4567 said:
They did previously. 360 gets a month exclusivity.
It's gonna take me literally ages to have my fill of (and to beat) my current Skyrim PC playthrough (1st one, been going since game release, 103 hours) so that doesn't bother me.
#9 Posted by Zereta (1363 posts) -

Woah.

God dammit, Skyrim. I'm gonna have to put you back into my xbox and get lost in you again, aren't I?

#10 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (831 posts) -

Oh hell yes. This looks great.

#11 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

so is this $15 or $20 dollars? Seems like different news sites are listing different prices.

#12 Edited by ADAMWD (561 posts) -

@Shookems: The video that Pete Hines (Bethesda VP of PR) posted on Twitter had 1600 MS as the price in the description, so I'd say $20 is the actual price.

#13 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

Should be interesting having them expand on the vampirism as a main theme there. Though still not finished Skyrim due to growing kind of tired of it. Especially with the combat being kind of plain and the fact that crafting far outpaces any gear that can be found, kind of puts me off wanting to explore when even if I might (rarely) find something interesting it will just get dumped into a chest somewhere. Really hope we get some interesting unique items that are viable. My character is currently a vampire (Necromage perk synergy is pretty good) and it was disappointing how little there really is to being one. Seems Dawnguard will expand it nicely.

I will be interested to play it, just got to actually finish Skyrim at some point >.< Though considering I have it on PC I have more time to spare.

#14 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -

Great! Haven't touched Skyrim since Christmas, so I'm about ready to jump back in!

#15 Posted by Vestigial_Man (310 posts) -

My problem is what platform to buy it on. The PS3 version is significantly worse in a great many ways but runs the game better and more consistently than my laptop does. The premise itself seems kind of cool but if it's focused on vampires then I hope they make them a bit less useless to play as compared to the current game.

#16 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

I just skeeted.

#17 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -

Day one 360 and day one again for PC. ...I might have a bit of an obsession.

#18 Posted by Kierkegaard (562 posts) -

Reminds me of Infamous: Festival of Blood. Like, a lot. I know Elder Scrolls has been doing vampires forever, but the tiers of vampiric enemies and the binary choice to join or thwart the vampires is similar. Plus, blotting out the sun? Psh, Simpsons did it!

#19 Posted by AndrewB (7438 posts) -

Bethesda's been making good with their bigger DLC expansions in a post horse armor world. I can't wait.

I also just thought I'd randomly note that I burst out laughing when the "better with Kinect" mention appeared.

#20 Posted by DjDonFrancisco (289 posts) -

Yes, Yes, Yes

#21 Posted by Death_Burnout (3792 posts) -

Even though vampires are not my thing I'm still excited for more content, and what modders will do with it.

@AlisterCat said:

That looks great. Seems like they're using even more of that mod stuff they made during their internal game jam.

I feel a lot more people should have seen that.

#22 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2050 posts) -

I liked Skyrim, but I had my fill of the game, so I'll pass.

#23 Posted by Bollard (5201 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

Someone said Giant Mudcrab? I didn't see it, but if it's in there I'll buy 10!

#24 Posted by BasketSnake (1152 posts) -

I don't think the trailer looks too cool. I expected a little bit more. I'll get it day 1 though.

#25 Edited by Cretaceous_Bob (500 posts) -

Goddammit. The only console I own is a 360, but it's fucking stupid that (essentially) Microsoft won't let me download the expansion on Steam for an extra month.

I want this so bad.

#26 Posted by adoggz (2035 posts) -

Meh. Looks like everything else in skyrim.

#27 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4580 posts) -

I'm down. I've sort of accepted at this point that nothing will ever top Shivering Isles, but this looks interesting. And I may be one of the few people who actually enjoy Skyrim's combat, so... yay new stuff to kill!

#28 Posted by Scottish_Sin (221 posts) -

The trailer was cool and I'm definitely down for playing more Skyrim. Looking forward to it!

#29 Edited by EquitasInvictus (1942 posts) -

Bethesda loves to suddenly introduce new factions along with new conflicts with DLC. (Only recent exception was the whole mini-arc with regards with the scrapped-companion Ulysses, which was probably my favorite aspect of the New Vegas DLC EDIT: Wait that wasn't even Bethesda -- that was Obsidian!) Considering the larger potential conflicts they have hinted at all throughout Skyrim, I'm kind of itching for them to expand on them. In particular, I wish they'd add more interaction with the Thalmor, since I've been itching to have my characters slay a few of those arrogant high elves.

The new implementation of certain mechanics (mounted combat as introduced with the latest patch, the crossbow to be introduced with this DLC, expanded vampirism) does look interesting enough, however. I'll definitely pick it up. But they'd better eventually add something with regards to the Thalmor next time!

#30 Posted by Prince_of_Space (82 posts) -

I like it. The premise of fighting vampires might seem a little too simplistic for a full expansion, but Bethesda has almost creatively interpreted stock fantasy tropes for their games (i.e. dunmer are nothing like drow, dwemer are atheist steampunk Mesopotamians instead of subterranean Scotsmen). I'm hopeful that they'll put a new twist on vampirism, much like the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind expanded upon werewolves.

#31 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I look at this, and it makes me want to buy it. But then I take a step back and look at what I have actually done in Skyrim, and then I decide that I really do not need it.

#32 Posted by Fappo (15 posts) -

All I care about is that badass plasma-horse thing in the trailer. Space Horse Coast to Coast, here I come.

#33 Posted by Supercancer (181 posts) -

Are those gargoyles? Whatever they are, their animations were awfully stiff. I'm still looking forward to this DLC, though.

#34 Posted by Vitor (2809 posts) -

@Hizang said:

I look at this, and it makes me want to buy it. But then I take a step back and look at what I have actually done in Skyrim, and then I decide that I really do not need it.

I look at this, remember that the combat in Skyrim was awful and that there were hardly any real opportunities to influence events via conversations that didn't feel completely contrived or plain uninteresting (at least not any that I ran into within my 60 hours but I did avoid the guilds) and feel pretty good about skipping out on this.

#35 Posted by EXTomar (4444 posts) -

I don't think people will wait much longer to play a Skyrim expansion. They need to release it soon and release it on all platforms or probably not bother till they do the "Game of the Year Edition".

#36 Posted by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -

Cool. I wonder how long before the crossbows are modded into automatic rifles.

#37 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1942 posts) -

@MrKlorox: They do have modded flintlock pistols, so probably not very long.

Dang... that might have just sold Dawnguard to me.

#38 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Was going to buy this anyway, but now I'm extra going to buy it!

#39 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Crossbowssssssss

#40 Posted by Cathryn (545 posts) -

Looking forward to closing out 2012 with this. It's a slow end of year for me, so I'm hoping to spend December playing this and finishing up my Skyrim bucket list. Probably not Day 1, but will likely play this before the end of the year.

#41 Edited by flyingace16021 (162 posts) -

I'm just excited for more Skyrim.

#42 Posted by Korwin (2813 posts) -

@Vitor said:

Morrowind and Tamriel being redone in the Skyrim engine haven't come true yet.

As Tamriel is the entire continent in which the games take place... yeah that's not going to happen.

#43 Posted by EndlessLotus (109 posts) -

Here's hoping for a lot more armor an weapon types....

#44 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

I'm down. I've sort of accepted at this point that nothing will ever top Shivering Isles, but this looks interesting. And I may be one of the few people who actually enjoy Skyrim's combat, so... yay new stuff to kill!

true, shivering isles was so good, i kicked myself for not getting it until i got the GOTY edition of oblivion.

#45 Posted by Encephalon (1238 posts) -

It's looking to be a slow back half of 2012 for me, so I'm looking forward to getting way deep into Skyrim, again.

#46 Posted by Vitor (2809 posts) -

@Korwin said:

@Vitor said:

Morrowind and Tamriel being redone in the Skyrim engine haven't come true yet.

As Tamriel is the entire continent in which the games take place... yeah that's not going to happen.

Cyrodil! That's the one. Knew I had something wrong there...

#47 Posted by Arnox (22 posts) -

Looking to slash up some Vampire punks with my Werewolf character. They're going to get shown what's up for invading my turf.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.