Deadliest Warrior: Ep. 3 Forsworn Pillagers VS Bandit Plunderers

#1 Edited by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Episode 3: 15 Forsworn Pillagers VS 15 Bandit Plunderers. In this episode, it's the bounty seeking Bandits, versus the nature loving Forsworn. After the first two episodes, I have called into question some of my balance decisions, often going for a Michael Bay-esque impromptu form. Before, there were certain things I did not account for, like number of battles to run (now average the amount of survivors after each run), approximate percentage-scaling of life, AI bugs/quirks, etc. I will still be going for over the top, epic battles. However, I have found several checks and balances for creating the most fair fighting platform. It's not perfect, but it allows either team to have a fighting chance without limiting either side. 

It's a continuous experiment, but I try not spending too much time on it so it doesn't get in the way for the creative process. I've also upgraded my game's look using the Skyrim Enhanced Shaders mod (with update 822 patch), if anyone wants it. Anyways enough talk, enjoy the episode! Thanks for any comments and advice! *Note: small frame rate hitch at couple of scenes will work on stability in the future. 
Episode 1, Episode 2

#2 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

that dude was on fire. Godd work duder!

#3 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

You should put 30 Storm Atronochs against another 30 Storm Atronochs. Why the fuck not right? I mean they do damage to each other now anyway, so might as well do something completely retarded.

#4 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -
@Vinny_Says: thanks! 

@AiurFlux: lol I usually do a lot of weird retarded things in Skyrim, but not all of it gets recorded, I'll check out what the Atronochs can bring to the table.
#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Ok next...1 dragon vs 1 million bunnies! 

#6 Posted by takayamasama (440 posts) -

Your next one should be something like Spriggans vs Flame Atronach. I wanna see nature fight nature!

#7 Posted by Spooty (86 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Ok next...1 dragon vs 1 million bunnies!

This.

#8 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

1 dragon VS 100 bears :P

#9 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -

you continue to satisfy me like no woman ever could

#10 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3121 posts) -

Proving once again that Light armor is for people who want to lose the fight.

#11 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -
@mrcool11: uh thanks? O_o 

@Make_Me_Mad: Yea durability is big factor, number of strikes/dps for the forsworn couldn't out match blocking and big magic hits from the bandits. It's kinda of neat running the battle from the save file a few times, and each time a little different outcome.

I assure you, once I can find a way to get 100 of anything on screen without crashing I will do it lol.
#12 Edited by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

So I've been messing around in Cinema 4D, a very powerful modeling app, and I have created a nice little intro for these episodes. As being a complete noob to any modeling software, it intimidated the heck out out of me. Tutorials and templates are a must to learn these programs, but the interface is great, Can't wait to do more.

#13 Posted by gjedwards (102 posts) -

@tekmojo: what would be interesting would be 15 of each astronach all fighting each other

#14 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -
@gjedwards said:

@tekmojo: what would be interesting would be 15 of each astronach all fighting each other

Yea others have shown interest for them, unfortunately work this weekend so next week I'll check out.
#15 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Twice now, I've come across half-dead, fleeing bandit parties with the only creature in sight being an aggroed mud crab. I think that deserves further exploration.

#16 Posted by AlexW00d (6448 posts) -

The other day a fox started attacking me. Do foxes vs deer or something? I dunno.

#17 Posted by Marlowefire (155 posts) -

Awesome. You're awesome dude

#18 Posted by MasterVerhoffin (141 posts) -

This is a great idea, not to mention beautifully cinematic. I'd like to see some "boss" v. "boss" fights such as Draugr Deathlords v. Forsworn Briarhearts or maybe powerful NPCs like Astrid v. Mercer. Ooh, maybe Greybeards v. anyone else? They're pretty damn nasty. Whatever you do, keep it up! These should be a lot more popular.

#19 Posted by BlinkyTM (1046 posts) -

That was awesome. Can't wait to see some more.

#20 Posted by Nux (2426 posts) -

You're pretty good at this.

#21 Posted by Xymox (2116 posts) -

Dude yes. I'm reminded of that history chanel show that used Rome Total War for scenes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.