Did anyone else name their horse?

#1 Edited by tephrox (2 posts) -

a

#2 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -

The only horse I ever used for an extended period of time already had a designated name. Otherwise I just called them "dude" or whatever

#3 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Yup. I even restarted from a previous save when Pickles got shot by some rogue vagabonds!

#4 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

muffin

#5 Posted by Marokai (3109 posts) -

Never bought a horse. Didn't care for horseback traveling much.

#6 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

My woodelf is frightened by horses, don't ask me why.

#7 Posted by InfamousBIG (3217 posts) -
#8 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

*sniff* poor sparky

#9 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -

My horse is called Horse. Which sounds obvious but I always call my pets Dog Cat etc. I seem to like descriptive names :)

#10 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

My horse was called Darnell III's Horse

#11 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -

Yup, Megan made a triumphant return from Oblivion! Chivalry didn't, he's probably still standing outside Lucien's dungeon.

#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Since all my horses tend to die within half a hour of purchase I decided against it after the first time.

The first one was called Bait.
Think that did it.

#13 Posted by Deranged (1856 posts) -

Pfft horses, I run across the lands of Skyrim.

#14 Posted by Dixavd (1367 posts) -

I named my character Jack and made him look like Jack Shepherd from LOST. And I refer to the horse as kate... trolololol [I don't even hate Kate as a character on the show, just thought it was kind of funny, plus she has a weird affinity for horses in ths show so it sort of fitted].

#15 Posted by g6065 (276 posts) -

@cuddlefish said:

Did anyone else name an otherwise unnameable thing of theirs? I talk out loud to the game as if it can hear me (my brother and sister think I'm crazy but that's ok ^_^)

I call my horse Chicken McHorse. I also have Kharjo, the Khajiit caravan guard as a companion, but I just call him Mr. Kitty. It's so dumb, but it makes the game so much more fun to yell "Mr Kitty noooo! Don't run in there, it's a trap!" or "Come along Chicken McHorse, we've got a mountain to climb!"

I wasn't intending to post today, but this made me chuckle. Great stuff.

#16 Posted by Nihilius (169 posts) -

I called my horse "Bawbag" because he keeps attacking things without reason and dives off cliffs, oh and he's a bawbag.

#17 Posted by RockAction (377 posts) -

bought a horse and it died soon after, didn't name it, mostly just sprint-shout across the land

did keep a horse all the way through red dead redemption despite not really liking the game,

liked having the horse though, but travel in skyrim is too erratic to keep a horse

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10329 posts) -

Didn't live long enough to earn a name, and I never replaced the damn thing.

#19 Posted by oobs (340 posts) -

tried a horse for about 10 minutes..and never got another one.. totally useless i think

#20 Posted by coaxmetal (1646 posts) -

I just used shadowmare and it already had a name so welp

#21 Posted by EightBitShik (1342 posts) -

I named my horse "Pos" because 10 minutes after I bought it a sabre cat killed it while I used the rest room. I went back to the guy hoping he could cut me a deal but nope he just tried to charge me another 1k. I have not bought a horse since and fast travel or run everywhere.

#22 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

The few times when I used a horse I used  the Dark Brotherhood one, Shadow-something?

#23 Posted by supermike6 (3609 posts) -

I called my horse Paul Walker's Horse, because I thought that was a pretty damn good name for a horse.

#24 Posted by domsalvia (23 posts) -

Every horse is called Marcus, keeps it simple.

#25 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

I'd name mine Asshole, because I only ever steal horses and then when I want to dispose of it I plant it near enemies (or innocents...) and cast Frenzy on it from a distance.

GO ASSHOLE GO!

#26 Posted by Melvargh (503 posts) -

I bought a horse, but I rarely use him. Something about being pulled out to 3rd person turns me off of it.

#27 Posted by 49th (2813 posts) -

I keep trying to give it a name but then I forget and just call it horse. I hate my horse anyway, it teleports around the map following me and it can't even sprint properly without stopping 5 seconds later.

#28 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I bought a horse and 5 minutes later it died going down a small incline. Never again.

#29 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

No because the damn horse started to fight a dragon right away. There can never be another horse in my life :'(

#30 Posted by Jimbo (9930 posts) -
#31 Posted by tephrox (2 posts) -

#32 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I murdered a hunter for his horse in the mountains.

I murdered the horse 2 minutes later, felt like a step back from Oblivion.

#33 Posted by Panpipe (475 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

I murdered a hunter for his horse in the mountains. I murdered the horse 2 minutes later, felt like a step back from Oblivion.

Brutal.

Couldn't you have just let the horse go about his horse-business? Or is everything in your Skyrim punished for incompetence?

#34 Posted by Hector (3374 posts) -

Horstachio!

#35 Posted by Gruff182 (872 posts) -

Glue

#36 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

@Riboflavin said:

I just used shadowmare and it already had a name so welp

Same here, at least the name it comes with is cool.

#37 Edited by drevilbones (89 posts) -

My first horse was named "Goddammit don't fight everything you see you mangy beast." The rest were pretty much variations on that theme.

Edit: Oh, also one was named "Oh shit this is steeper than it looks."

#38 Posted by Village_Guy (2656 posts) -

Mr. Tallywacker P. Lickington the 2nd.

The first one died :(

#39 Posted by Capum15 (4960 posts) -

I kept her name "Allie" or whatever the dude at the Whiterun stables called her.

And then I got Shadowmere and Allie went back to the stables.

#40 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

@Panpipe Necromancers aren't exactly known for their kindness or tolerance. In saying that, I did feel momentarily guilty and tried to raise it as a zombie, but no luck. I'm not all bad though - I came across a horse stomping a bear to death after it killed the noble rider and his guard, so I healed it to ensure victory for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.