Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Did it ever get better on PS3?

Irishranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Irishranger

Thinking of trading in my XBOX copy for a PS3 copy for reasons.

Just wondering if all of the huge issues were ever fixed, or if it's still a horribly buggy mess. I also have it on PC, so I could just stick with that, but trophy lust is getting to me. Also, I'm not going to get into an argument over trophies vs. achievements. Just putting that out there.

Also, what does everyone think of the potential of it being to ported to current gen?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

It's slightly better but still incredibly buggy and is worse in pretty much every way to the 360 version.

Nobody cares about Trophies or Achievements anymore.

Possible but unlikely since Bethesda is in full production on Fallout 4.

Irishranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@corruptedevil:

Crap, that's what I feared, but didn't want to hear.

I know there is a small minority who still REALLY care, and I wanted to fend them off. Thanks for the generality, though.

Good point, thank you.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i never had a problem with the ps3 version,so dont know if it got better.the worst problem ive had in all the hours ive played since it came out was a tiny frame rate drop.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

PS3 version was certainly playable after that last big patch. The biggest issue I ever had that I dont also have on the PC version is that on my longest played character, items in my homes would always fall on the floor when I left and re-entered. Im not saying play the PS3 version over other versions, just dont be afraid of it.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent a good 200 hours playing through almost every quest in the game on PS3 right after patch 1.4 and had no issues at all short of some long loading times.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing the PS3 version for off and on for last week - so far I have had no issues. Played the hell out of the 360 version - so my kids bought me the PS3 Legendary Edition for my birthday. I've been having fun letting them guide my adventure (I had my wife distract the younger one with something in the kitchen during the headsman part in the beginning ).

I couldn't care less about my overall achievement/trophy scores - but there are couple games where my accomplishment of platinum trophies and 1000 Gamerscores give me a real sense of pride - specifically the Elder Scrolls games and Souls series.

Its also nice to have a long-term fall back games for the inevitable droughts of content at certain times of the year - Skyrim is one of the best.

I don't think its likely we'll get a next gen port. However, I would have said the same thing about Metro, Tomb Raider, etc.... Only next gen port I really expected was GTA5. It really would be awesome if they put out a Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim HD Collection for the new systems - I'd buy it day 1.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The PS3 version works fine for me. It's still a bit glitchy, but nothing you would not expect from a Elder Scrolls game. All in all the game is very playable.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I played about a hundred hours of the PS3 version, mostly before the fixes. From what little I saw post the patches where they said they fixed that stuff, I think they mostly fixed the frame rate issues. Which is to say that it shouldn't get progressively worse the more you play.

That said, it's still not a great version of the game. But if that's your only option, then it's your only option. Like I said, I put about a hundo hours into it.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Catarrhal

I've spent some time with it recently, and it's actually quite a bit better. But if you already have it on PC, it ain't worth it--no goddamn way.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zeik

It's playable, but if you have a decent PC then there's really no advantage to playing on a console. (And I say that as someone with a significant preference for console gaming.) Even the PC version has problems without mods.

Bethesda games are just inherently buggy messes. That being said, the PS3 version is no worse than usual now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.