Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Do Fortify enchantments stack?

SpunkyJunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpunkyJunky

For example, if I have glass gauntlets that increase bow damage by 38%, and a pair of rings that increase bow damage by 20%, do the effects stack and thus I do 58% more bow damage? Or does it only take the highest value?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

Pretty sure they stack

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By spazmaster666

They do stack. You can for instance fortify destruction 25% on four different pieces of equipment and be able to cast destruction magic that costs 0 magicka,

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

They stack, potions unfortunately, do not.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They stack.  I was wondering where you could get the most petty soul gems?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG
    mage vendors have them all the time
    plus a lot lying around the mages college ready for stealing (they espawn to boot)
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight

@spazmaster666 said:

They do stack. You can for instance fortify destruction 25% on four different pieces of equipment and be able to cast destruction magic that costs 0 magicka,

If you get Fortify Destruction over 100%, do you gain mana by casting Destruction spells?

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By spazmaster666

@Ravenlight said:

If you get Fortify Destruction over 100%, do you gain mana by casting Destruction spells?

No, but it would be pretty funny if it did. I tested all the fortify (spell school) enchantments by setting my enchantment skill to 500 in the console so that I get like decrease casting cost by -379% but all it does is make all the spells cost 0 magicka.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Robo

They stack, but as a word of caution some things seem to be glitchy with enchantments.

For example, I have gloves, a blacksmith apron, and a silver ring and necklace all enchanted +20% to smithing.

When I equipped them all directly from he chest where I keep them (without moving it to my inventory first, THEN equipping) it didn't give me the effect. When I unequipped and reequipped the stuff, it did.

By the way, it seems like you can damned near break the game with some of the enchanting stuff. Like between Sneak perks, Muffle, and enchanting + to sneak on everything that can take it you could be basically invisible.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Nentisys

@Robo said:

By the way, it seems like you can damned near break the game with some of the enchanting stuff. Like between Sneak perks, Muffle, and enchanting + to sneak on everything that can take it you could be basically invisible.

Well thats always been the case in elders scrolls. Chameleon in oblivion for example.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By FreakAche

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

They stack, potions unfortunately, do not.

What about potions of different, but related types? Like what happens if I drink a resist magic potion and a resist fire potion, and then someone casts a fire spell on me?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Shadow

Yes. I'm pretty sure there's a magic resistance cap of 85%, but you should be able to increase anything else for as many points as you can find to put into stuff

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @FreakAche: I'm not sure, I'd expect that they should stack, because it's different effects. It worked when i had 40% magic resistance (from a ring and amulet) + othar which gave me a resistance to frost,shock and fire of 30. I noticed considerably less damage taken from dragons elemental attacks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.