Does Skyrim have more than 4 voice actors?

#1 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

Aside from Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart, it is the same like 4 people doing the entire game.

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4685 posts) -

yup. Too tired to source but I think they said something like 80

#3 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I heard that it was just Steve Blum

#4 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Oblivion inc shivering isles has somewhere around 15.

Last I heard Skyrim was over 70.

Fun Fact - Charles Muntz from UP is in Skyrim. ;]

#5 Edited by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

@TheHumanDove: I just played Metro 2033. He is like every other person in that game. He is the Nolan North of Russian accents.

#6 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@Cataphract1014 said:

@TheHumanDove: I just played Metro 2033. He is like every other person in that game.

Needs more Blum

#7 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Oblivion sounded like they just plucked the developers from their desks and handed them a microphone. Although it was their first voice acted game. It's been a billion years since then.

#8 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

@mandude: Do you mean first fully voice acted game? Because Morrowind had plenty of voice acting...

#9 Posted by Swoxx (2992 posts) -
#10 Posted by Praab_NZ (280 posts) -

I saw a mudcrab the other day, loathsome creatures

#11 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Wait. SEAN BEAN IS IN IT?! Sold!

#12 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@AnimZero: Oh yeah...it did...and probably more than Oblivion! We've been had!

#13 Posted by animathias (1185 posts) -

@Praab_NZ said:

I saw a mudcrab the other day, loathsome creatures

Horrible creatures. I avoid them whenever I can.

#14 Edited by clstirens (847 posts) -

@mandude said:

Oblivion sounded like they just plucked the developers from their desks and handed them a microphone. Although it was their first voice acted game. It's been a billion years since then.

#15 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

@benpicko said:

He did a voice in Oblivion.

#16 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -
@Cataphract1014

@benpickosaid:

He did a voice in Oblivion.

I didn't play much of Oblivion, but alright.
#17 Posted by Kasswara (178 posts) -

Over seventy.

#18 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

@Cataphract1014: Firstly, Oblivion what more than four voice actors, something like 8 or 9 (not including Shiver Isles) and secondly, of course it will have more than Oblivion.

#19 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

No. This game has only Nolan North. There's no soundtrack, it's just Nolan North whistling.

#20 Posted by theodacourt (525 posts) -

It may just be a conspiracy theory, but I know for a fact that every voice in Skyrim is Michael Winslow.

#21 Posted by Xolare (1279 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

No. This game has only Nolan North. There's no soundtrack, it's just Nolan North whistling.

I'd buy that game.

#22 Posted by alexl86 (620 posts) -

@AnimZero said:

@mandude: Do you mean first fully voice acted game? Because Morrowind had plenty of voice acting...

It had voices, but 99% of it was just reactions to the player. Almost all of the dialogue was text, even for story characters. In Oblivion, everything was voiced, which why everyone complain about there just being 10 voice actors in the game, 13 if you count Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean and Terance Stamp(not counting Shivering Isles).

#23 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Xolare: One day there will be a game where Nolan North is everything and everyone. He would make the sounds of guns shooting, of swords clashing, of Godzilla fighting a giant mecha and he would also voice EVERY character. This day, life and existence will finally make sense.
#24 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -
@MikeGosot said:
...IS nolan north in this game at all?  if so that's just another reason for me to buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.