Dragon Priest Masks

• 129 results
#1 Posted by Scotto (1185 posts) -

Anyone else finish this yet? The masks look pretty badass, though I'm not a fan of the cowl that comes with it.

I won't spoil what the ultimate reward is, for anyone working on it. It's pretty cool, though.

- Scott

#2 Edited by Zacagawea (1594 posts) -

You don't need to sign your name at the end of your posts as usernames exist for a reason

- Zach

#3 Posted by Scotto (1185 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

You don't need to sign your name at the end of your posts as usernames exist for a reason

- Zach

You're the four millionth person to mention that on this website. It's a habit I've developed from years of discussion board use, going back to Usenet and BBS's. Get over it.

- Scott

#4 Posted by N7 (3589 posts) -

I'm not sure really. Like Moroeki or whatever it is? The blue mask that regenerates magicka 100% faster? I've found two of them so far and I don't use them often enough to find a use for them, but they're pretty cool I suppose.

- Ryan

#5 Posted by Scotto (1185 posts) -

Some of the masks are more useful than others. Hevnoraak and Volsung are my two favourites - Hevnoraak makes you immune to poison and disease, and has a huge armor rating. Volsung gives you extra carry weight, and 20% better buy/sell prices in stores.

- Scott

#6 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Never encountered a dragon priest, are those the guys Brad was talking about on the podcast?

- Skeleton

#7 Posted by Scotto (1185 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Never encountered a dragon priest, are those the guys Brad was talking about on the podcast?

- Skeleton

I believe so, yes. You'll encounter two of the eight over the course of the main story - Morokei earlier in the story, and Nahkriin near the very end. I believe the locations of the remaining six also contain words of power, so they are worth obtaining.

- Scott

#8 Posted by N7 (3589 posts) -
@Scotto: Well I'm a Werewolf so I'm already immune to all diseases, but those still sound pretty cool. I bet there's a trophy for finding them all anyway, so I'll probably get around to them in a little bit. I found one in a random place that made them seem insignificant, so I'm not sure if there is a role they play or what. But still, they're pretty cool none-the-less.

- Ryan
#9 Posted by ajamafalous (11995 posts) -

Haven't listened to the Bombcast yet, but I've only fought Krosis so far. Saw my roommate fight a few others though; definitely rewarding fights when you finally kill them. 

- AJ

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

@ajamafalous: I didn't know that Krosis was a Dragon Priest. I ended up throwing him off a mountain with Unrelenting Force. I want that damn mask.

-Scott

#11 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Morokei and Krosis are the only ones I've manage to find so far. Dragon priests seem to be some of the hardest enemies in the game.

- Sub

#12 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I found Volsung early on and that is what`s been on my character`s face for a long time now, but I found another one and just sold it before I found out that there is a quest for getting all of them (which I still dont have btw). 

-Rattle

#13 Edited by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

I've got Volsung, Morokei and Krosis so far, and I'm 60+ hours into the game, level 44. Had no idea there were eight of them. I should start hunting those fuckers down.

- Jon

#14 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Most of the Dragon Priest masks aren't that great, except Otar (30 fire,frost and shock resistance) and Nahkriin (50 magicka, 20% less magicka cost when using restoration and destruction). Morokei is also good.
- Dimitry

#15 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

Morokei and Krosis are the only ones I've manage to find so far. Dragon priests seem to be some of the hardest enemies in the game.

- Sub

Ancient Dragons are worse.

- Alex

#16 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

There is a quest for getting all of them (haven't done this so far). There even is a loading screen tip showing an altar of some sort, with the masks plugged in. However I am not sure if you can start it before the end of the main story line, as there is a dragon beyond a "point of no return" leading up to the grand finale.

- René

#17 Posted by TobbRobb (4652 posts) -

I found the wooden mask while exploring, though trying to kill the priest without any good ranged skills suuuuucks.

-Tobbe

#18 Edited by SerHulse (685 posts) -

There are 9 in total, you need the first 8 in order to unlock the 9th, by taking all 8 to the 'Labyrinthian' putting on a Wooden Mask and getting the final Dragon Mask.

The 9th mask will, when you are on low health, have a small chance of knocking the enemies back, healing you and an even smaller chance of summoning a friendly Dragon Priest to aid in you battle.

Though for my Magic Argonian Werewolf, Morokei is easily the best.

- Dan

#19 Posted by Damolition (119 posts) -

I've found two so far, almost tempted to look up a faq for them.

- Damo

#20 Posted by Dejkrigeren (384 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming: To be fair Volsung is a pretty good "trading" helmet since it gives you 20 % better barter prices.

-Jens

#21 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

I only randomly found one so far, and I don't recall any quests popping up after killing that dragon priest, Kypreos is his name or something like that. So there's a quest for finding them all?

-Dom

#22 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I think I got 2. I know I have one (Morosis or something), and I'm pretty sure I sold another one because it was shit and I didn't know what it was at the time.

A similiar situation happened after the mage quests

with the staff of Magnus, which I now need, but don't have because I also sold it. Awesome.
#23 Posted by mikey87144 (1775 posts) -

Found one. That was the toughest fight in the game for me. Especially since I used up all my potions on the dragon I fought before it.

#24 Edited by Ramone (2966 posts) -

I've got Volsung but that's the only one so far.

- Ramone

#25 Posted by IIChristian89II (243 posts) -

I just wanted to post my name at the end of my pointless post which has nothing to do with the topic.

-Christian

#26 Edited by Talis12 (488 posts) -

damn.. ive found about 5 of them throughout but ive dropped one or two at some point because i couldnt carry anymore.. probably no chance of getting them back is there? didnt know they were needed to do a quest :/

edit:

i got Krosis, Morokei and Rahgot and i dropped Vokun and Volsung somewhere along the way..

#27 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

Morekei has been quite useful for my magic abilities, does anybody know where to locate some items with spell cost reduction enchantments?

-Caleb

#28 Posted by BlinkyTM (1054 posts) -

Where the hell do I get these from?

- Blinky

#29 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

I am just posting here so I can sign my name.

~Chris

#30 Edited by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

I have a green one called Raghot that gives me +70 stamina and has a great armor rating. I'm not sold on the look but it definitely helps me out.

-Dan

#31 Posted by Three0neFive (2293 posts) -

I have nothing to say regarding this subject, I just wanted to sign my post with a funny name.

-Penis McShittington

#32 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Is there a way to track down where you've left the masks? I've found three and stored them in three separate locations (Whiteun, Hogwarts, Winterhold) but I don't remember which container I put any in.

-M

#33 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

I use the one I found from the.. dude... that's before the thing at that place with that guy.

You know what I mean.

- Robbie

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (11995 posts) -
@sideshow said:

damn.. ive found about 5 of them throughout but ive dropped one or two at some point because i couldnt carry anymore.. probably no chance of getting them back is there? didnt know they were needed to do a quest :/

edit:

i got Krosis, Morokei and Rahgot and i dropped Vokun and Volsung somewhere along the way..

You could always spawn them through the console if you're on PC. 

-AJ
#35 Posted by thebatmobile (981 posts) -

I have two. They look pretty badass but they're unfortunately Heavy Armor.

- Batman's car

#36 Posted by yevinorion (698 posts) -

I only have Krosis so far, stumbled on it by accident. Glad to know there's a quest for them, it's being kept safely in my chest at Breezehome right now. Also, this is the best topic on the boards.

-Rory

#37 Posted by BeepBeepBoop (95 posts) -

@Grilledcheez: You get a pretty decent one right near the end of the main quest I think. Has +50 magika and 20% reduction to destruction and restoration. I prefer that over Morekei. For other magika reducing items the Arch Mage's robes are great, that's obviously reward for college of winterhold quests.

@BlinkyTM: They come from Dragon Priests, they are high level creatures (people?) who are stupidly powerful. Encounter a few over the guild quests/main quest and rest are in dungeons, think one is by a dragon wall.

-Noise R2D2 makes

#38 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I've been using Rahgot since the armor rating is pretty damn good and +70 stamina is nothing to laugh at. Would be interested to see what the other ones do.

-Ben

#39 Edited by sixghost (1679 posts) -

Are there any of those masks that aren't Heavy or Light Armor? My mage build relies heavily on Magic Armor, which increases in strength greatly if you don't have anything considered armor on. So wearing those masks kind of fucks up my whole build. Which kind of sucks because I love how they look, and the Morokei one seems like it's intended for Mages.

-Scottooooooooooo

#40 Posted by fox01313 (5073 posts) -

Just glad that the first one I found (Krosis) is the one I still use with my sneaky archer/thief dark elf. Only found one other mask, red one that's heavy armor, but been avoiding most of the main story & fighting only the random dragons for all the other stuff in the game to explore.

#41 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I kinda sold 2 of em before I knew what they were for, or perhaps I stored them in a chest...either way I can't find em.

-Talicia

#42 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

I've only encountered Hevnoraak so far, but are all the masks heavy armor?

-Douglas

#43 Posted by Veektarius (4837 posts) -

@DougQuaid: No, in fact the only two I've found are light.

Are all of the dragon priests at the above-ground dragon-face map locations or are some in dungeons?

-Vic

#44 Posted by Intro (1207 posts) -

Haven't found any yet, but plan to start looking for them tonight.

-Jake

#45 Posted by Milkman (16800 posts) -

I use the one that you get near the end of the main story. I got one other one after that but it wasn't as good.

-Milkman

#46 Edited by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (716 posts) -

i've been wearing krosis. for my current lolcat, it's the best one for his class. those dragon priests are fucking hard!

-RBBB

#47 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

I've only encountered two dragon priests so far. Second one destroyed me.

- Nate

#48 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

I got one through the main quest.

-Scarlett Johansson

#49 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

@Veektarius: I know I've encountered one in a dungeon for sure, so it would seem not all are tied to dragon shrines.

- Sub

#50 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

I wish I could simply disenchant the masks and apply the effect to a hat of my choice. My character's face has been hidden for the last 50 hours of gameplay and he'd like some air. -Mike

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.