Dragonborn coming to PC and PS3 tomorrow?

#1 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

Tomorrow, it will be 1 month since Dragonborn was released for Xbox 360 and as a PC guy, I'm hoping we get a nice surprise from Bethesda and they release Dragonborn.

That is all.

I know Dawnguard came out longer than 1 month in between, but Hearthfire came out after 1 month, so this fella can hope that Microsoft's exclusivity deal is only 30 days for Dawnguard.

#2 Posted by Marcsman (3177 posts) -

After 200 hours in Skyrim I have no desire to go back.

#3 Posted by Dragonborn (22 posts) -

@KevinK said: that Microsoft's exclusivity deal is only 30 days for Dawnguard.

You are wrong. The Microsoft's excluivity deal was about the first two DLC's / expansions ( Dawnguard, Hearthfire ). This DLC ( Dragonborn ) isn't exclusive to any Microsoft console.

So the concusion of all this: The Bethesda policy sucks!

#4 Posted by SithToast (167 posts) -

I'm not sure if Hearthfire counts as an expansion.

#5 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

@Dragonborn said:

You are wrong. The Microsoft's excluivity deal was about the first two DLC's / expansions ( Dawnguard, Hearthfire ). This DLC ( Dragonborn ) isn't exclusive to any Microsoft console.

Even if that were true, it's possible Microsoft pulled out more money and signed Bethesda to some sort of extension on the deal.

#6 Posted by Sterling (2143 posts) -

Has any of the DLC even been released for PS3 yet?

#7 Posted by Spike_Kojima (56 posts) -

"PS3" Lol NOPE. Ive played well over 300 hours on the ps3 and have long given up any hope of ever playing any skryrim DLC there. With a new graphics card in the mail I may get the dragonagehearth dlc(? whatever its called) for pc though.

#8 Posted by FritzDude (2262 posts) -

Maaaybe.

#9 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

@oulzac said:

Just the first one, according to Wikipedia.

#10 Posted by Dragonborn (22 posts) -

Nothing. Neither Dawnguard nor Herthfire or Dragonborn. But maybe the last, will come in this Month.

#11 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

@Dragonborn said:

Nothing. Neither Dawnguard nor Herthfire or Dragonborn. But maybe the last, will come in this Month.

Well, no Dragonborn for PC today, so I'm sad face too.

#12 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Marcsman said:

After 200 hours in Skyrim I have no desire to go back.

Same. The world and expansions never really grabbed me like New Vegas did.

#13 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

Some online retailers in Europe listing Dragonborn PC's release date as "January 16th or 18th".

Source

#14 Edited by doomMD (1 posts) -

@Dragonborn said:

just wanted to let you know that you are actually completely wrong. hearthfire was not considered a fully fleshed DLC, and was released for pc and xbox at the same time. dragonborn is the 2nd exclusive DLC, which is why it's only on xbox at the moment.

#15 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@KevinK said:

@oulzac said:

where?

#16 Posted by FritzDude (2262 posts) -

@doomMD said:

@Dragonborn said:

just wanted to let you know that you are actually completely wrong. hearthfire was not considered a fully fleshed DLC, and was released for pc and xbox at the same time. dragonborn is the 2nd exclusive DLC, which is why it's only on xbox at the moment.

Hearthfire was released precisely one month later for PC, not at the same time as Xbox like you're saying. Microsoft made a contract With Bethesda for timed exclusivity for the first two DLC, & as far as I know you download Hearthfire, making it a "DownLoadable Content ", "fully fleshed" or not. Nobody knows if Bethesda & Microsoft has extended this contract for Dragonborn aswell, so pretty much anything that's being said about it are rumors. What's official is that Dragonborn comes out "early 2013" for both PC & PS3.

@living4theday258 said:

@KevinK said:

@oulzac said:

where?

No DLC has been released for PS3. Dragonborn will be the first, & Bethesda has already made a statement that they went With higher Development on that instead of trying to release both Dawnguard & Hearthfire. That doesn't necessarily mean that both Dawnguard & Hearthfire will not be released on PS3 in the future.

#17 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

I thought Dragonborn might come out today for PC, but nothing! What the hell!

#18 Posted by Miketakon (513 posts) -
#19 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -
#20 Posted by KevinK (198 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.