Dragonborn DLC out on Dec. 4th will you be picking it up?

#1 Edited by _Chad (956 posts) -
#2 Posted by commonoutlier (136 posts) -

I...want to. But I think I might wait for winter break...that way I can also wait for the reviews. It looks like fun, and ridin' dragons seems pretty awesome.

#3 Posted by sixpin (1277 posts) -

Yep. It is more Skyrim, so sure.

#4 Edited by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

I own Skyrim on PC and I probably won't be picking it up when it finally shows up there. I burned out on Skyrim long ago before even finishing the main quest and so far I haven't had the slightest bit of desire to go back to it. Maybe that'll all change, I don't know, but right now my answer is: nope!

#5 Posted by Lukeweizer (2507 posts) -

Waiting for PC.

#6 Posted by takayamasama (433 posts) -

You return to Morrowind...kinda.

Insta-buy

#7 Posted by YOU_DIED (695 posts) -

Definitely not

#8 Posted by BaneFireLord (2877 posts) -

I will once I get home for interterm and have access to my 360.  In the mean time, however, FAR CRY 3.

#9 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Shit no, I traded Skyrim in almost a year ago!

Seriously though, sounds kinda expensive.

#10 Posted by august (3811 posts) -

Yes.

#11 Posted by Irvandus (2643 posts) -

Yeah. Haven't played Skyrim as much lately, maybe this will hook me into finally doing my wizard character.

#12 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1868 posts) -

I'll wait for it on PC and then just play all the DLC back-to-back since I've missed out on the other ones.

#13 Posted by Maajin (1038 posts) -

Sure, once it's out on the PS3! In other words: no, I won't. =[

#14 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

No. Because

A: Fuck exclusive release dates.

2: After Dawnguard, I realized I'm done with Skyrim.

#15 Posted by _Chad (956 posts) -

@Maajin said:

Sure, once it's out on the PS3! In other words: no, I won't. =[

Bethesda said they got all the problem with Dawnguard worked out so now the DLC will be coming to PS3

#16 Posted by peritus (903 posts) -

Not for 20€, 10 maybe. 20 is way too much for dlc that isnt that much bigger then their fallout stuff.

#17 Posted by BoOzak (839 posts) -

@takayamasama said:

You return to Morrowind...kinda.

Insta-buy

Wait, WHAT?!

Just did some research... this seems pretty badarse. I wonder how Bonemold and Chitin will compare to Daedric though...

#18 Posted by AndrewB (7189 posts) -

Dawnguard is the only piece of Skyrim DLC I've thought seriously about buying, and I probably will, but either as an all-inclusive pack or when it dips below $10. Again, the problem here is that Skyrim is one massive, awesome game which really doesn't need more content, and none of the DLC has come with a high enough bar of quality and a recommendation.

#19 Posted by FritzDude (2216 posts) -
#20 Posted by fox01313 (5032 posts) -

Depends on what's in it, while I still need to get it, Dawnguard hits the right notes for me on the story/setting, might just wait on this when they do a collectors version with all the DLC included.

#21 Posted by Galiant (2163 posts) -

Fuck timed exclusives. I'll definitely be picking it up once the stupid timer is done.

#22 Posted by Rafaelfc (1281 posts) -

HELL YEAH!

can't wait to have my second anual Merry Skyrim Christmas

#23 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

I am mostly interested what kind of crazy bugs we will see this time, going to be pretty hard to top backwards flying dragons.

#24 Posted by Hailinel (22696 posts) -

Haha no. Even if I still had my copy, the timed exclusivity would prevent me from doing so. (And even then, I had the PS3 version. This DLC will undoubtedly break everything all over again because Bethesda's codebase is shit.)

#25 Posted by Bane (363 posts) -

The timed exclusivity sucks, but I'll get it when it's released on PC. I was hoping to play a bunch of Skyrim, including Dragonborn, over the Christmas break though.

#26 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

I'm going to wait til it's down to at least 50% off like Dawnguard.

#27 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

I'm done with Skyrim, it's a great game but I just can't play it anymore.

#28 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

It looks nice, but no.

#29 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

No because PC

#30 Posted by Slay3r1583 (583 posts) -

If they ever release all the DLC on PS3 I'll probably get it. I never did finish the main story and DLC would get me excited to go back and play more. I put in like 130ish hours and finally got burnt out.

#31 Posted by akeripper4 (148 posts) -

when it is released for pc yes

#32 Posted by Irvandus (2643 posts) -

Nope, want to play it but Far Cry is out that day.

#33 Posted by Nentisys (880 posts) -

No.

#34 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

Nope, want to play it but Far Cry is out that day.

Which is pretty much the best Skyrim expansion ever.

#36 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1105 posts) -

I'll wait on it 'cause I really want Far Cry 3.

That and I want to see what the bug list will look like. Spending literally 10 hours troubleshooting the Breezehome glitched caused by Dawnguard was not fun. ...But, since then I've added 100 more hours to my overall play time, so I'm far from fed up or tired with Skyrim.

#37 Posted by Ezakael (864 posts) -

Chances are I'll be waiting for the GOTY/Ultimate edition for PC. As as much as I want to play them I'd much rather wait and get them all at the same time.

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6936 posts) -

Yep. I've been thinking about playing Skyrim again and this expansion pack looks cool so why not?

#39 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Il be downloading this as soon as it goes up on Xbox live. Anyone know what time this stuff usually goes up?

#40 Posted by believer258 (11035 posts) -

No I won't. Skyrim is the best game of 2011 and I really like playing it, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on much by skipping the DLC. Maybe later.

#41 Posted by mlarrabee (2758 posts) -

Nobody is taking away my Skyrim S-rank for more than a week.

Plus, Skyrim was pretty fun anyway. Just so long as this won't be like Dawnguard or Hearthfire...

#42 Posted by Peanut (952 posts) -

I skipped Dawnguard and came in on this one today, mostly because I heard some mutterings that it was related in some way to Morrowind. I didn't know the entire thing (seems like) it takes place on Solstheim. I fucking love Morrowind more than anything. Just getting off the boat and seeing the weird carapace houses and some ash yams was enough to make hit me with some serious nostalgia. It is weird that the place is pretty much a small Morrowind now, as opposed to the way it was in Bloodmoon, but I seem to recall something in Oblivion that said the Red Mountain erupted and pretty much destroyed Vvardenfell, so I guess it makes some sense the Dunmer would hope over to another island and bring some of their weird shit with them.

Either way I'm super excited to dig into this now, where previously I really couldn't be bothered to return to Skyrim.

#43 Posted by fugie7 (1105 posts) -

Of course I am!

#44 Posted by CJduke (779 posts) -

I will be tempted to, but I still haven't beaten the main quest, the companies guild, the dawnguard quest line, or a solid portion of the side quests so I don't really need it.

#45 Posted by Scottish_Sin (219 posts) -

Yes, just picked it up. Looking forward to jumping back into Skyrim once I'm done with Far Cry 3.

#46 Posted by Example1013 (4749 posts) -

If it's as interesting as Dawnguard I'd love to grab it. Even without ever touching the new Werewolf and Vampire stuff I had a solid 30 hours of great fun working my way through the Dawnguard content, which was much, much higher quality than the Main Quest in Skyrim. If Bethesda keeps putting out expansions of the quality of Dawnguard they can have my money on release every time.

#47 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1105 posts) -

Just bought it. So much for holding out. lol

#48 Posted by Scottish_Sin (219 posts) -

Just finished the majority of what this DLC has to offer and I loved it. I liked Dawnguard but Dragonborn feels like a true expansion and I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to jump back into Skyrim again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.