Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

EA sends me a SWTOR invite BAH!!!

zephrr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zephrr86

So I get my invite yesterday to swtor exactly 1 year 3 months after I signed up. Odd timing to offer the beta and It just seemed ludcris to even ponder taking any time away from absolute glory to partake in what looks to be more of the same only maybe with a wookie. I have had Skyrim for exactly 12 hours at this point and the only words I have are ... I am literally rendered speechless from time to time in my playthrough. This is what Elder Scrolls is supposed to feel like. From the incredible in depth character creation (this time all races look cool) to...well everything else beyond that :D. I got out of the intro scene and after parting with my companion and saw some buck out in the woods and decided to go hunting, found a hunter camp, robbed it, got caught by the returning party, killed them, looted them, and then finally found a hilltop and took a picture of the sunset. This is RPG brilliance at its absolute finest. This year has bestowed upon us gamers with 3 fantastic worlds to explore. From Witcher 2 onward to Dark Souls and now finally the pinnacle of them all SKYRIM!!! THANK YOU BETHESDA!!!

Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bolt

Same damn thing happened to me. Personally I am going for the beta this weekend, it's only for the weekend. I will have months and months with skyrim.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @Bolt said:

Same damn thing happened to me. Personally I am going for the beta this weekend, it's only for the weekend. I will have months and months with skyrim.

Exactly what I was gonna suggest.
    Etaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Etaber

I'm in the same position. These are good problems to have. :)

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By CosmicQueso

Everything's wonderful and the OP isn't happy.

zephrr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zephrr86

After all the press in the past few months as well as countless bland videos on youtube I have fallen out of excitement with SWTOR. My cousin has my old code and he will be playing it this afternoon.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BasketSnake

I got it as well

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By YoungFrey

This might be like what Blizzard did with the Wrath of the Lich King beta. Near the release date, they let a lot of people into the beta. I can only imagine it was a stress test because everything was shit. Whole new degrees of multi-minute lag. Oh, the wailing of the entitled beta folk who viewed all the new invitees as interlopers. I'd say, if you haven't already decided on a Star Wars purchase, try it out. Otherwise, why waste vaulable Skyrim playtime.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

Ya I'm in the same boat, but since TOR is being a bitch and every time I have to reopen the downloader it magically pops in some new 10+ GB to download I doubt I will get to play it this weekend. I played the alpha several months back so it's not that big a deal, but I do want to fire it up at some point and see how it handles on my system since I upgraded my video card and the game has hopefully been optimized some since early alpha.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

Yeah, I got one as well. I've downloaded it and all that jazz, but when will it actually permit me to play the damn game? Is it right at Five o' clock tonight?

Swick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Swick

Heard more than a few stories like this. Play the beta while you can, Skyrim will be there for a long while.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By butano

Yea, same here. I was kinda upset at first, but I know that I'll have Skyrim afterwards, so no big deal I guess.

Nihilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nihilius

I got an invite as well, I'm going to try it out but I think Guild Wars 2 looks much better.

I'd rather have a GW2 Beta invite than a SWTOR Beta invite.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Same thing happened with me, I guess their trying to take a jab at skyrim.

tomshreds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tomshreds

I received it too and I gave it away to one of my friends, too bad for SWTOR but this weekend it's SKYRIM!

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thehexeditor

The invite is not for this weekend's test guys. Invites for that went out a few days ago. The invite you all got is for a future test..

smfE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By smfE

same for me. im not gonna play it.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DougQuaid

I got an invite yesterday as well. Luckily, if you got invited to the test this weekend, you'll automatically be invited to participate in the rest of the weekend tests from here on out.

Draugrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Draugrim

Got my beta invite as well. Color me uninterested in a beta for anything at this time of the year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.