Enchanted Item Names?

#1 Posted by mdnthrvst (266 posts) -

- Dickstabber Groinscorcher (Glass dagger)

- Facebasher Skinmelter (Ebony mace)

- Headshotter Dudeburner (Glass bow)

All fire enchanted, like a true Dunmer.

What are your naming conventions?

#2 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Soulstealer (Soul Trap Elven Bow) 
Elbringer (Lightning Damage Glass Bow)  

If you know swedish, Elbringer is the most cleverest name ever! 
Well, maybe not, but I thought it was kinda clever...

#3 Posted by beckley205 (310 posts) -

My bow is The Penetrater - It destroys armor.

In Oblivion my Daedric Claymore was balllicker.

#4 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

I'm not as clever as you lot. I usually go with "_____ of ______". I never thought of including cocks and balls, that must do wonders for your immersion.

#5 Edited by kingclaw (757 posts) -

In Oblivion I called my weapons after FFX summons, I'll do the same in Skyrim if I decide to play it.

Ixion - Lightning damage hammer

Shiva - Ice damage elven bow

Ifrit - Fire damage daedric sword

#6 Edited by Insectecutor (1186 posts) -

I've got an orcish health-sucking mace called Facetime

I don't know if that's a naming convention. Maybe if I get a pair of daggers to dual wield I can call them Surprise and Delight.

#7 Posted by RobRoyale (26 posts) -

Well I had a fear sword called "Scary Ass Sword" and a terrible fortify block shield i made called "Rob's Shield of Subpar Blocking"

oh yea and I want a flame dagger called "Burndaraggen"

#8 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Blacksmith's apron that fortifies smithing - Smithing Trunks

Dwarven gloves that fortify smithing - Blacksmith's Oven Mitts

#9 Posted by Daiphyer (1334 posts) -

Jesus Christ - Steals Souls.

#10 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

So far I have only enchanted and named two items.

Circlet de Magico - 28% Magic Regernerateion

Sword of 1,000 S Words - Stamina Damage

#11 Posted by fisk0 (4037 posts) -

As I'm playing on PS3 and it's virtual keyboard leaving something to be desired, I generally just browse through the auto-completion glossary to find somewhat appropriate descriptive names (like MAGIC REGENERATING RING). I'll probably be as boring when I get it on PC, but I'll probably put some more effort into it.

#12 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Brilliant.

#13 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

I didn't realise this was something you could do...

#14 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I named my Ebony blade Ebony

Do I win the prize?

#15 Posted by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -

I was watching the animated X-Men cartoon, so I named my bow Covered With Scorpions.

(Look it up)

#16 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

Lesser dagger of moderate damage. Oh and I named my battleaxe "The Abortionist."

#17 Posted by Darkstar614 (1098 posts) -
#18 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Nordic Paralyzer - chance to paralyze for 2 seconds each strike. Basically first word describes the weapon material type, the second pretty much describes what it does.

#19 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Wait...

Can you actually name enchanted items, or is this like referring to your wife's left and right tits as Steve and Elmo?

#20 Posted by Robo (792 posts) -

@GetEveryone said:

Wait...

Can you actually name enchanted items, or is this like referring to your wife's left and right tits as Steve and Elmo?

You can rename stuff when you enchant it.

I've only ever renamed things in a way that puts them next to each other in the quick menu.

#21 Posted by Sorasha (87 posts) -

I asked my friend what to name my bow and he immediately replied with Bowner. That's an instant classic in my book.

#22 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I just enchanted my 2 daedric swords and my dragon plate armor and gauntlets.

• Thanatos - 20 absorb hit points, soul trap for 10 seconds.
  • Ragnarok - 31 fire damage, 31 shock damage.
  • Life giver (Dragonbone plate armor) - 25 health regen, 50 hit points.
  • Ares (Dragonbone plate gauntlets) - 40 one handed damage increase, heavy armor skill +25.
Also  
@Darkstar614 said:

http://i.imgur.com/LO6Ru.jpg

That was awesome.
#23 Posted by Tesla (1919 posts) -

I didn't know you could do this until last night. I've since made one item: a gold jeweled necklace with plus 16% two-handed weapons that I named "Jeweled Amulet of Strength". I'm saving the proper nouns and fancy names for the epic loot.

#24 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

I am gonna call my next sword "Sȯrd". Nordic IKEA-style minimalism FTW.

#25 Posted by N7 (3587 posts) -

For my Ebony Armor, I just named it all "X" Of The Avengers. I was really hyped up about it because my dude's name is Thor and all. That was love right there.

But now that I've made my Daedric Armor and pumped it up to legendary, I'm not sure what to name it. That's what I originally came online for, to look for a suitable name. I'll probably just end up going with "X" Of Outer Haven since I've been wanting to do a Metal Gear-inspired name. God, I'm such a dork.

Thank you Skyrim, thank you so very much.

Also, not to be a dweeb or anything, but could someone send me a PM of how to get to the top of the Throat Of The World? Because *MAIN QUEST SPOILERS*

#26 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4728 posts) -

All of my fire based enchantments are lyrics from "Disco Inferno" by the Trammps. Frost based enchantments are from Ice Ice Baby, of course.

#27 Posted by chilibean_3 (1635 posts) -

You are all amazing people and don't ever let anyone tell you different. This just gave me one more thing to have fun with in this game.

#28 Posted by yevinorion (697 posts) -

I named my Daedric Sword "Frostspark" since it has ice and electric damage as well as stamina/magicka drain. After reading this thread that name seems boring now.

#29 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

After making a few & forgetting to rename them I tend to just put anything there after the item name to just make it easier to spot in the inventory especially if it's jewelry when there might be a few of the normal ones.

#30 Posted by sp00kyfr0g (7 posts) -

I thought I was being all clever and original when I created a sword named Chillrend. I was disappointed with myself when I cam across one in the game also named that. I felt like a plagarist. =/

#31 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

@Robo said:

@GetEveryone said:

Wait...

I've only ever renamed things in a way that puts them next to each other in the quick menu.

That's a great idea. My quick menu is all over the place with my favorite weapons.

#32 Posted by animathias (1185 posts) -

All my stuff is named "Hunter's ______" mainly to keep it all together in my inventory. Gives it a nice, clean look. For certain things, I put the description in parenthesis, like Hunter's Bow (Ice Shock) and Hunter's Bow (Soul Trap).

Not inventive, I know, but it's clean, keeps everything organized, and still makes it easy to see what's what.

#33 Posted by Catfish666 (190 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Robo said:

@GetEveryone said:

Wait...

That's a great idea. My quick menu is all over the place with my favorite weapons.

It is a pretty handy practice, I've made myself alchemist set of 4 pieces all starting with "Herbalist's", blacksmithing set "Artisan's" and my current armor is "Daemonskin".

Also something I frequently put on for individual battles is resist gear, like +resist fire Cooling Amulet and Cooling Ring. Though I just recently ran across better amulets named annoyingly dull "amulet of frost/fire resist" and the neatness of my naming convention is ruined! Woe!

#34 Edited by McFly (63 posts) -

Oh man, after seeing some of the funny ones in this thread, I feel pretty embarrassed about my geeky sword names:

A Sword of Ice & Fire: 1h with frost and fire damage

Soul Reaver: 2h with Vampiric and Feiry soul (soul-trap+fire)

#35 Posted by Scotto (1178 posts) -

@N7 said:

For my Ebony Armor, I just named it all "X" Of The Avengers. I was really hyped up about it because my dude's name is Thor and all. That was love right there.

But now that I've made my Daedric Armor and pumped it up to legendary, I'm not sure what to name it. That's what I originally came online for, to look for a suitable name. I'll probably just end up going with "X" Of Outer Haven since I've been wanting to do a Metal Gear-inspired name. God, I'm such a dork.

Thank you Skyrim, thank you so very much.

Also, not to be a dweeb or anything, but could someone send me a PM of how to get to the top of the Throat Of The World? Because *MAIN QUEST SPOILERS*

The guys told me when my voice can open it, I'll be ready. But I 've learned a bunch of shouts recently and am not sure if I have to learn a specific one or what.

Arngeir will teach you the specific shout necessary to clear the way to the top of the mountain (Clear Skies). Before you learn the shout, the way is blocked by what is essentially a magical weather barrier or something.

#36 Edited by Scotto (1178 posts) -

As for my named enchanted stuff:

- Akallabeth (Ebony Sword - 322 damage, 21 health restore per hit, fills soul gem within 9 seconds)

- Aule's Bulwark (Ebony Shield - 60 health, 20% magic resist)

- Justice (Ring - 45% 1H damage, +42 carry weight)

- Choker of Scissor Running (Necklace - 45% 1H damage, +42 carry weight)

- Vanguard (Daedric armor)

- Dovahbane (Daedric helm)

And my personal favourite:

- Mashed Petaters (1H daedric mace)

(All stuff is legendary quality)

#37 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -
#38 Posted by RobDaFunk (336 posts) -

Lucifers Armor of Infinite Glory (Dragonplate armor, the full set that I created gives me infinite destruction magic ;)

#39 Posted by sarahsdad (1087 posts) -

Only one so far was "Impotent Sword of Minor Sparking". It was an old rusty sword that did I think 5 points of damage, and I cheaped out on the enchantment so it only did 1 extra point of electric damage.

#40 Posted by RaceKickfist (218 posts) -

ebony bow with 2000+ charges of soul trap - "The DMV"

could think of nothing more soul-stealing than the DMV.

#41 Edited by Aas (603 posts) -

Steel Armor with magicka regeneration - Rhingar

Ebony Sword with frost damage - Cold Malice

Amulet with bonus to one-handed damage - Razor's Guide

And finally a ring that increases my magicka by one - Ring of almost-utter-fucking-uselessness

#42 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (732 posts) -

Daedric Greatsword with soul trap and ice damage became Frostmourne.

#43 Edited by Framuus91 (1 posts) -

Steel Plate Boots (15% faster stamina regen) Boots Of Oh Shit Gotta Run

Steel Plate Gauntlets (additional unarmed damage) Punchy Punch Gloves

Ebony Sword (10 points of burn damage) Burning Midnight

Elven Bow (absorb health) Bow Of Decay

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.