Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Enemy leveling

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Meteor_VII

I think I have heard the answer to this before but can't remember from where so here I ask: Do the enemies level with you in Skyrim? The thing I hated the most about oblivion and what eventually made me put the game away.

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Witzig

I believe enemies level up with you but it's more like Fallout 3.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By BrittonPeele

Yes and no. I'm with you on disliking how Oblivion handled this, but Skyrim does it better (I reviewed it). Enemies still scale, but only to a point. Certain areas have tougher enemies, other areas have weaker ones. So you can still wander the early areas and kill wolves in one hit, even when you're level 30.

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Meteor_VII

Thanks for the help.

ericdrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By ericdrum

@Sargus: Why are you so blatantly just pimping your shit? Ah, I'm just kidding. Very nice review. Thanks for sharing. Every review that I have read so far has been so positive and that makes me happy.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Th3_James

Yeah, some frost troll really fucked me up. He was way higher level than the other creatures around because one of the scrolls I used was not effective on enemies above level 15

Jozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jozo

Thank goodness, the level scaling was the only problem I had with Oblivion (other than the psychic guards), so this sounds really good.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By BrittonPeele

@ericdrum: Heh, in this case I mostly just wanted to say that I could answer the question first-hand, not just go off things I had read elsewhere. This was exactly the issue in Oblivion that held me back at times (I remember leveling up to a point where all my enemies on a quest could only be killed with enchanted items, and I never had any), so I wanted to provide a definitive answer.

Pleasereadmyreviewweneedpageviewsohgod. :P

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Slaneesh

@Sargus said:

@ericdrum: Pleasereadmyreviewweneedpageviewsohgod. :P

Since you so eloquently formulate those poetic words i will. Also dont forget to rate comment and subscribe for a free giveaway.

On a serious note nice review

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.