Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

escaping bounty

CountPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CountPickles

I apologize if this question has been asked before but is there any way to escape jail and get your bounty cleared? or if you escape jail, does your bounty still persist? in that case, wouldn't that make escaping jail pointless?

thanks in advance.

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Storms
    @KatyGaGa said:

I apologize if this question has been asked before but is there any way to escape jail and get your bounty cleared? or if you escape jail, does your bounty still persist? in that case, wouldn't that make escaping jail pointless?

thanks in advance.

Assuming you don't have a "kill on sight" bounty level, escaping from jail without being caught should allow you to play on just fine, even with a bounty. If you do five quests for the thieves guild in the hold where you have the bounty, you will be able to cut your bounty in half (which will surely be paid for with the gold you just made in the Thieves Guild). 

Criminal scum.
    CountPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CountPickles

thanks. I don't have a "kill on sight" situation but I am only given two options: fight or go to jail. I guess my final question is if I do go to jail and decide to just wait it out in the cell, when I'm released, do I get all my stuff back exactly how it was?

Storms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Storms
    @KatyGaGa: As long as it wasn't stolen. Stolen stuff can be gotten back by looting the "evidence" chest. What will happen though, is that your skills will lose their progress towards the next level when you do jail time (I think this is also true of real life). 

I take it you can't or won't join the Thieves Guild?
    CountPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CountPickles

no, I have. I had some "accidents" in Whiterun and now the guards want to throw me in jail there. I was scared to go back for the Dampened Spirits quest but I guess now that you've told me what'll happen, I guess everything will be fine.

Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.