Favorite Armor?

• 112 results
#1 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (788 posts) -

I really like Glass Armor because it just looks so damn cool. So much so that I leveled smithing so I could make it. Whats your favorite armor and why?

#2 Posted by MrCandleguy (813 posts) -

NightningGale Reminds me of Batman. But in Skyrim.

#3 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -
No fucking contest
#4 Posted by Addfwyn (1947 posts) -

Nightingale, the Black Brotherhood stuff isn't far behind

#5 Posted by Scotto (1221 posts) -

Full daedric armor is badass.

I'm pretty disappointed in how shitty the dragonplate and dragonscale armor looks. You just look like a caveman wearing bones and skin. It's probably a realistic interpretation of how armor made from the bones and scales of a giant dragon would look, but as a reward for slogging through upgrading your smithing ability to 100, it's pretty weak. Probably the worst looking armor in the whole game, aside from maybe iron.

Not to mention that daedric armor has a higher armor rating, and looks 100X better, despite unlocking at lvl 90. The red glow effect is awesome.

Aside from that, I think the glass and elven armors look nice. The Blades armor you can get from the chest in the Sky Temple is pretty cool too (and the Blades shield is the best looking shield in the game, IMHO).

- Scott

#6 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

@Shadow said:

No fucking contest

I always hated the daedric look. I guess if you're a stereotypical metal head video game kiddie you'd like it though...

#7 Posted by Scotto (1221 posts) -

@TheMustacheHero said:

@Shadow said:

No fucking contest

I always hated the daedric look. I guess if you're a stereotypical metal head video game kiddie you'd like it though...

He likes it - you don't. Not necessary to be a jerk about it.

- Scott

#8 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Scotto said:

@TheMustacheHero said:

@Shadow said:

No fucking contest

He likes it - you don't. Not necessary to be a jerk about it.

- Scott

I don't like it because I look like pure evil. : (

- Cloudenvy ; )

#9 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

@Shadow said:

No fucking contest

Yup. That armor and all the weapons associated are by far the best looking in the game. I was HIGHLY disappointed with the Dragon armor.... not only is it not the best armor it also looks like shit.

#10 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

I think the all dwarf armor looked pretty sick

#11 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@Shadow
No fucking contest
Is that Daedra armor? Can you find it somewhere or do you have to smith it?
#12 Posted by Scotto (1221 posts) -

I also really liked the look of the horned steel helmet on my guy, and was disappointed that there was no similar looking option for the other heavy armor types. Ebony, deadric and dwarven helmets all completely cover your guy's head.

- Scott

#13 Posted by Capum15 (4996 posts) -
@Voxel: I think it's like, Dragon Armor + Daedra Heart in the Atronach Forge under the Winterhold College. I'm not sure what the Smithing requirements are.

As for me, I really love the way Glass armor looks.
#14 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Voxel: I believe you can only smith the Daedra armor.

That might be completely wrong though.

#15 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@Voxel said:
@Shadow
No fucking contest
Is that Daedra armor? Can you find it somewhere or do you have to smith it?
You can find it, but it's a lot easier to smith it. 
Nightingale armor - light. 
And Daedric/Dragonplate - heavy.
#16 Posted by Scotto (1221 posts) -

@Capum15 said:

@Voxel: I think it's like, Dragon Armor + Daedra Heart in the Atronach Forge under the Winterhold College. I'm not sure what the Smithing requirements are.As for me, I really love the way Glass armor looks.

It can be created at the atronach forge under the college, or unlocked for creation at a regular forge with a perk, once your smithing ability hits 90. Only real difference between it and all of the other armors, is that each weapon or piece of armor you create requires one daedra heart.

- Scott

#17 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (726 posts) -
falmer armor is teh bestest!
#18 Posted by pweidman (2362 posts) -

Glass armor for light(sweetest looking in the game imo), and Ebony for heavy. Looking forward to some unique stuff in the DLC.

#19 Posted by CritHitHero (4 posts) -

Not gonna lie I love the Steel armor!, not that I've found anything better stat wise but I still think it looks cool!

#20 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

The Blades armor doesn't look bad. But I couldn't get any use out of it because I was using Light Armor. I think it's about as close as you're going to get for samurai-esque style in Skyrim though.

#21 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

@TheMustacheHero: I fucking HATE metal. I like that armor because it is bad ass and savage looking. Way to stereotype everyone that likes that armor.

#22 Posted by damswedon (3201 posts) -

Thieves Guild. It actually looks lightweight unlike the the higher Light Armours.

#23 Posted by BamSaidTheLady (90 posts) -

The Nightingale armor is pretty sweet.

#24 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

@matthias2437 said:

@TheMustacheHero: I fucking HATE metal. I like that armor because it is bad ass and savage looking. Way to stereotype everyone that likes that armor.

Because it makes you mad.

#25 Edited by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Foresworn. Cuz it's sexy.

#26 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

All light dragon armor. Looks stupid but it's so good.

#27 Posted by Toxin066 (3326 posts) -

Daedric. Looks badass and is totally functional.

#28 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Naked is my favorite.

#29 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

@pweidman said:

Glass armor for light(sweetest looking in the game imo), and Ebony for heavy. Looking forward to some unique stuff in the DLC.

I actually prefer the nightingale armor for light. kinda reminds me assassin's creed almost.

#30 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Mask of Clavicus Vile is my current headgear. It looks kind of like the rabbit from Donnie Darko, but pretty awesome nonetheless. 

#31 Posted by DaemonBlack (342 posts) -

@jorbear said:

Naked is my favorite.

I like how you roll. NPC's having dialogue commenting on you being naked is a nice touch by Bethesda too.

#32 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (325 posts) -

Clothing: Nocturnal's Robes, Vaermina's Robes
Light Armor: Dragonscale, followed by Summerset Shadows
Heavy Armor: Ebony, it's not even close for me.

#33 Posted by Sumbog (506 posts) -

I usually roll in Daedric for heavy, and my Dark Brotherhood swag for light armor.

#34 Posted by Robo (817 posts) -

Dragonscale. Because despite being level 46 it's the best I've come across for light armor so far.

#35 Posted by Hemmelight (164 posts) -

Nightingale for sure.

#36 Edited by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Nightingale by far, though I wear double enchanted Dragonscale for practicality.

#37 Posted by Robo (817 posts) -

I am about to knock out a bunch of Thieves Guild stuff, so maybe I'll be upgrading.

#38 Edited by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Dragonscale Armor looks awesome. The Dwarven Armor would look cool if the boots didn't look weird.

@Capum15 said:

@Voxel: I think it's like, Dragon Armor + Daedra Heart in the Atronach Forge under the Winterhold College. I'm not sure what the Smithing requirements are.As for me, I really love the way Glass armor looks.

You need Ebony and a Deadra Heart to make Deadric Armor.

#39 Posted by HistoryInRust (6402 posts) -

An armor's effectiveness caps at the armor rating of, like, 567, despite a player's ability to boost the rating itself far beyond a thousand. Ultimately it means Hide and Leather armor can, with the right enchantments and perks, be every bit as resilient to damage as Daedric armor.

#40 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

I like the Nightengale a lot because it looks like a black moon night costume.

That, and it has the best bonuses fior my play style so far.

#41 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@HistoryInRust said:
An armor's effectiveness caps at the armor rating of, like, 567, despite a player's ability to boost the rating itself far beyond a thousand. Ultimately it means Hide and Leather armor can, with the right enchantments and perks, be every bit as resilient to damage as Daedric armor.
If true, that's kind of lame. Do you have a source for that info?
#42 Edited by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

Dwemer

Sorry, Dwarven.

#43 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Nightingale by a long shot. Hardcore as shit. Blade's armor, Elven armor, and Glass armor are not far behind.

#44 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

Dwemer

Sorry, Dwarven.

Yeah, what is with this? The NPCs even call them dwemer, then say dwarves within the same conversation. I'm sure there's some reason, but I haven't picked up on it.

#45 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

I like the look of Dragonscale, as for heavy armor I'm not sure since my character doesn't use heavy and I can't smith it.

#46 Posted by JackG100 (407 posts) -

I think all the armors except maybe stormcloaks and whiterun guard-armors, look like shit.

#47 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

@xobballox said:

@Soapy86 said:

Dwemer

Sorry, Dwarven.

Yeah, what is with this? The NPCs even call them dwemer, then say dwarves within the same conversation. I'm sure there's some reason, but I haven't picked up on it.

Dwemer and Dwarven are the same. Sort of like of like how Dunmer is another word for the Dark Elves. Orsimer for Orcs and so on.

#48 Posted by byterunner (319 posts) -

When I beat the main story line (~42 hours in), I was using a combination of ebony and dragon plate armor. I had ebony head, gloves, and boots with dragon plate armor.

I really enjoy the look of the dragon armor, even if it does have dull colors. the metal chains near the bottom of the armor looks pretty awesome. also, I used the daedric hearts to make weapons, but I don't know where to reliably find Daedric hearts...

However, my favorite has to be branded iron armor with everything else iron. As a two handed giant dude, it kinda fits the wanderer style, its crude, but looks ferocious. I really loved that look. Steel looks fucking boring compared to iron. (not to mention that the steel armor without shoulder pads has part of your arm sticking throw the fur/straw part of the armor if your arms are big enough. Changing the weight in the character creation)

#49 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

@xobballox said:

@Soapy86 said:

Dwemer

Sorry, Dwarven.

Dwemer and Dwarven are the same. Sort of like of like how Dunmer is another word for the Dark Elves. Orsimer for Orcs and so on.

Alright, wasn't sure if it was the same or if there was some minute difference in the way they were used. Still weirds me out when they call them dwemer then turn around and call them dwarves in the next sentence.

#50 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

stormcloak officer armor looks badass.

none of that sissy ass ninja outfit nightingale crap, or Hot Topic metalhead daedric nonsense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.