Favourite quest-line?

#1 Edited by KingOfAsh (51 posts) -

So, what is your favourite questline in Skyrim? From the main game or the DLC (or both. Also between Stormcloaks/Imperials & Dawnguard/Vampires.

• Main Quest
  • Civil War (Stormcloaks or Imperials)
  • The Dark Brotherhood
  • The Companions
  • Thieves Guild
  • Mages Guild
  • Daedric Quests
  • Dawnguard
  • Harkon (Vampires)
  • Build a House (Hearthfire)
  • Dragonborn

Just curious.

#2 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (714 posts) -

The battles during the civil war made for some pretty great moments.

#3 Edited by Tomkang (250 posts) -

Thieves Guild or the Daedric Quests although I haven't played any of the DLC

#4 Posted by Killerfridge (316 posts) -

It's a toss up between the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood for me. Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion was better but the Skyrim one was still great.

Also one of the daedric quests when you get drunk, wake up the next morning and have to retrace your steps was pretty funny too.

#5 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

I quite liked the Dark Brotherhood one. There were some great moments (the emperor, hiding out in the coffin, etc.) , and some pretty good comedy in places ("Oh dear, you're going to kill me, aren't you?"). None of the missions reached the high of "Whodunit?" from Oblivion, but overall It was quite excellent.

#6 Posted by Bollard (5867 posts) -

I don't know, all I know is the Theives Guild was a ginormous letdown, especially compared to Oblivion.

#7 Edited by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

the main quest was okay the final fight was wayyy to easy.

so dark brotherhood was my favorite so far maybe companions

#8 Posted by AverageGreg (121 posts) -

Dark Brotherhood was ok, Oblivion's was waaaay better though. Gotta be Thieves Guild or the Daedric Quests; A Night to Remember is probably my favourite quest in the whole game.

#9 Posted by JadeGL (974 posts) -

Loved the Daedric quests but those were a bunch of bite-sized morsels. My favorite questline was probably the Companions questline. I did it pretty early and for some reason it just sticks with me.

#10 Posted by OfficeGamer (1086 posts) -

Call me a hipster but my favorite quests were actually the very minor side ones that had nothing to do with any of the plots or subplots of Skyrim and the Dragonborn tale.

Those little surreal quests that involved reading notes and journals off the floor and pursuing the unknown out there, be it a beast or a strange divine power, etc..

#11 Posted by Ben_H (3439 posts) -

The Daedric stuff was a lot of fun. A Night to Renember was hilarious and the one involving Sheogorath was also pretty funny.

#12 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

Getting the Oghma Infinium was pretty cool. But we all know Hearthfire is Skyrim's Horse Armor: best DLC ever.

@OfficeGamer said:

Call me a hipster

You hipster.

#13 Posted by Irvandus (2890 posts) -

Dark Brotherhood or Daedric

Civil war in second

#14 Posted by Skyfire543 (766 posts) -

The Daedric quests in Skyrim are gold.

#15 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Daedric Quests are preeeetty good.

I liked the Dark Brotherhood ones also, cos they fed into the way I (tried) to play the game. I liked getting my assassin on.

#16 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

@Killerfridge said:

Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion was better

What.

Every single DB quest in Oblivion was "Go here and kill this guy" that eventually culminated in a shitty fight in a tiny cramped cave.

#17 Posted by Butano (1790 posts) -

Definitely the Daedric quests. The Elder Scroll's take on The Hangover was hilarious.

#18 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

The daedric quests were great.

#19 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

@Killerfridge said:

What.

Every single DB quest in Oblivion was "Go here and kill this guy" that eventually culminated in a shitty fight in a tiny cramped cave.

I still think that murder mystery in the house from Oblivion was pretty great.

#20 Posted by project343 (2838 posts) -

Sheogorath. What a silly cheese-loving guy.

#21 Posted by Killerfridge (316 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

@Killerfridge said:

What.

That's exactly what I want from an Assassins guild. I would also argue that the Thieves Guild in Oblivion was better than Skyrim. Maybe it's just my memory playing tricks on me.

#22 Posted by fetchfox (1363 posts) -

It' as close call between The Dark Brotherhood and the Daedric Quests. Thieves Guild comes in at a third, definitely worth it. College of Winterhold was enjoyable, but nothing to the scale of the others.

#23 Posted by TheHT (11801 posts) -

KILL THE DARK BROTHERHOOD.

#24 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

The Dark Brotherhood was my favorite. Th Daedric quests seems great too but I only ever found one of them.

#25 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Any time Sheogorath shows up is the best time.

#26 Posted by rentfn (1288 posts) -

I really enjoyed the Thieves Guild. I thought that went in some really fun directions. I also liked helping the Jester out on the road with "His Mother" and then finding out it's the Night Mother and he is part of the Dark Brotherhood...Almost feel bad for killing him...almost.

#27 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

Dark brotherhood. Only quest line to make me feel anything, that feeling was guilt. (other than enjoyment of the game in general, if you want to count that as a feeling)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.