First Skyrim weekend. How many hours did YOU play?

#1 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

So I started playing when I got home on friday night, and now my sunday has come to an end (timezones!). All in all I managed to play 30 hours and I'm currently level 23. I suppose you could say I'm playing the "rogue"-stereotype at the moment. A lot of sneaking, backstabbing and silent bow kills.

I am completely in love with this game and I can't stop thinking about it even when I'm not playing it! I foresee that I'm going to play a lot of Skyrim in the near future.

So how many hours of Skyrim did you play? Is it everything you wanted it to be? Do tell!

#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5816 posts) -

Only about 5 hours so far. 

I love it but I'm trying to take my time.

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I had it since tuesday, but so far my clock's telling me 41 hours.

Yep.

#4 Posted by matt_wickstrom (156 posts) -

I'm about 8 hours in. I'd have liked to play more, but work and family obligations have limited my play time.

#5 Posted by wemibelec90 (1629 posts) -

13 hours so far. Really enjoying it so far. Unfortunately, got into the Old Republic beta this weekend and I felt I needed to try that out enough, cutting into my Skyrim time. Also, my new Premium membership is rather distracting as well. Plan to buckle down tomorrow and put several hours in.

#6 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

All of the hours.

#7 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

36 and counting.

#8 Posted by Dagbiker (6970 posts) -

9 hours but i had to work friday and saturday.

#9 Posted by jelekeloy (456 posts) -

10.4, according to Steam. Probably about an hour less than that though because I had it idling for a while on Friday.

#10 Posted by Moloney (56 posts) -

About 22 hours.

#11 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

When I saw that since Friday I have played 35 hours, I was ashamed of myself, but then I saw my quest log and forgot what I was ashamed about.

#iloveskyrim

#12 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

All of the hours.
#13 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Over 20 already. Trying to take a break until tonight, but the game is calling my name. Tough to resist.

#14 Posted by Slaker117 (4838 posts) -

24, split between two characters.

#15 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (702 posts) -

A little under 10 hours. I'm not one for playing huge stretches of games at once. I can play two, maybe three hours at a time but then I need a break to go do something else. Although today I ended up playing Skyrim for a couple of hours and then watching Greg Kasavin play Skyrim for an hour and so on which seems pretty dumb xD. Pretty interesting to see how differently he played it compared to me.

#16 Edited by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

My save file says 31 hours.

It calls to me in my sleep...

#17 Posted by beckley205 (310 posts) -

10. In Oblivion! Im poor. :(

#18 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I'm at 6 hours, but I got it yesterday so I haven't had that much time to play.

#19 Posted by Jotun (555 posts) -

I've put in 14 hours so far. I have been toying with the thought of starting a side character soon with stealth and thievery in mind. Unfortunately, I work third shift so my weekend is over tonight. :(

#20 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

My friend's put 40 hours in since Friday. Yeah...

#21 Edited by Schmollian (260 posts) -

23 baby! And ready to go another 23 (or even more)!

So far, this is my personal Game of the Year. Its SO good!

Also I will never touch Oblivion again, as Skyrim makes that game seem like complete garbage.

#22 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

13 or something and I think i've played way too much. For you guys who are over 20... god damn.

#23 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I ended last night at 33 hours, 46 minutes. I also have another character I've spent about an hour on and my first character that I deleted that I also spent an hour with.

#24 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1313 posts) -

27 hours, but the night is still young. Guess 35~ before I head to bed.

#25 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

I've got about 10-13 hours invested so far. I would've had more, but I let my friend play it a bit while I played some Dark Souls instead, and I went to a play last night that lasted about two and a half hours.

#26 Posted by AlisterCat (5532 posts) -

35. I'll get another hour in.

#27 Edited by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

I haven't had it very long (LOL, since midnight. I'm a silly scrub.). Sharing with your sister kind of stinks. :( I think I've clocked in 18 hours across 3 different characters...

#28 Posted by ShaggE (6420 posts) -

25 including idling. So... 18-20, maybe? Fuck me, this game is huge. I was thinking 10 or 11 at most by now.

#29 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

25 hours since friday.

This game, for me, has put Todd Howard in the same league as the other "giants" in video game design. This is a real masterpiece, the kind that you MAYBE see once a year.

#30 Posted by magimix (55 posts) -

Man, other people here are 'putting me to shame'; 25 hours logged and I was feeling pretty boss about that, until I saw this thread! ;-) But yeah, this game is going to consume the rest of the year, in gaming terms.

#31 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

13, although if I wasn't horribly sick at the moment, I'd probably have gotten a bit more in.

#32 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2094 posts) -

22 hours at level 13. Most of that time I have been exploring and not fast travelling. It has it's perks but makes the game last a hole lot longer.

#33 Posted by SSully (4159 posts) -

I am at like 14 or so right now. I haven't put this much time in a game in such a short period in a long time, and I am loving every minute of it.

#34 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Around 18 hours.

#35 Posted by Aetheldod (3554 posts) -

none :(
#36 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

0. Haven't gotten my new computer yet.

#37 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

30 hours since thursday night, level 22.

#38 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

0, can't get it until Tuesday.

#39 Posted by Droop (1850 posts) -

33 hours since Thursday evening.

#40 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -

30 at the moment, but I expect that to increase before the end of the night.

#41 Posted by Cslaw (217 posts) -

16, fucking school and work taking up all of my time. I need to get my priorities straight, quit my job drop out and play more skyrim!

#42 Edited by Stete (731 posts) -

23 hours. Ive got a day off work on Monday and Tuesday so I can have uber long Skyrim weekend.

#43 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

11 hours according to Steam.

#44 Posted by Porkellain (253 posts) -

0, still struggling to see if it's gonna blow my poor laptop up :(

#45 Posted by JoeyRavn (4967 posts) -

7, but around 2 were spent testing different configurations to make the game look and run better on my PC.

#46 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

13 hours on and off since friday.  but i've had homework and stuff to do (a lot of late work) and places to go and such.

#47 Posted by ikaruga (192 posts) -

I'm trying hard to resist the temptation to buy this. I already have over 100 unplayed games on steam and that not counting other services and already have sr3 and batman order. I did played 4hrs of oblivion and really enjoyed it ( it crashed every 10 mins on my computer)

#48 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

bout 22 hours since friday.

#49 Posted by MetalBaofu (1374 posts) -

Zero, because the mail didn't run on Friday, so my copy isn't here yet.

#50 Posted by yakov456 (1905 posts) -

About 10 and quickly learning how damn big this game is. Also learning that as soon as you think it's easy a really tough situation will present it self out of nowhere so I'm saving constantly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.